READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backup gone already? Is it that busy there today? Or are they reducing amount of boarding groups?

I finally remembered to practice this morning when BGs opened up. When I got to the add party step, only 2/3 of us were showing as options...my second daughter wasn’t on there. I just verified and she has an active ticket in MDE just like we do....I don’t remember seeing anyone post about this but any ideas on what could be wrong?

I finally remembered to practice this morning when BGs opened up. When I got to the add party step, only 2/3 of us were showing as options...my second daughter wasn’t on there. I just verified and she has an active ticket in MDE just like we do....I don’t remember seeing anyone post about this but any ideas on what could be wrong?

A lot of people have posted this issue. If it happens in the park, just continue with whoever shows up and then see a GET CM and they should be able to add whoever is missing to your BG.

Need input from experienced "practicers" of attempting to join a boarding group. I did it for the first time today, and when I selected my party and hit continue, I got a red box warning at the bottom of my phone screen saying something along the lines of "we are no longer admitting riders who do not have a boarding pass for this attraction" or something like that. I backed out and tried again, and got a pop up notification that I would be attempting to get a back up boarding pass...

So, did I do it "right?". I was doing the constant refresh method, and was surprised to get the red warning, as I haven't read about that happening during practices or real life shared experiences. This morning was only my first time, and I plan on playing around with it some more. I can just imagine myself on the morning we fly out (the day before our first HS day) holding practice sessions with the Y chromosomes in our party teaching them what they'll need to do the next morning.

Does anyone else have boarding pass anxiety? Maybe it'll make it into DSM-6

When that happened to me at home, I think I either went back to the home screen or closed the app entirely and started over to get the missing people to show up. If it happens on the day we're at the park, I will just get a boarding group for those who DO show up, then get a group for those who didn't (just to ensure they are in a group at least) and then ask for help from a GET cm.

Backup BGs 8:00:55 using world clock
Practice from home this morning. Was able to toggle through multiple times. Backup groups popped up exactly at 8:01:02 for me - this is according to my Apple Watch which I was watching while toggling back and forth.
BGs at about 7:01:20 this morning for me. Longer than yesterday by a little bit (if you can compare relative times on the same device/WiFi/operator).
Practiced at home and backup for me were 8:00:40
I actually saw BUs at 40 seconds. crazy system
I practiced today. Was on back up groups at 8:00:34 going off time.gov
Based on our limited sample size from today, we have as much as a 46 second range at which we went to backups. But I assume we all hit the "Find Out More"/picture right at the point where our individual phones said 8:00. For someone like @Feberin who would have been cut off after 34 seconds of trying, should you be trying 26 seconds earlier? (Which is crazy to think since you were using time.gov - what could be more official than that?). But then @PrincessWithABlaster, did you truly get 80 seconds worth of opportunity? Like, could you have secured one right at 8:00:00 all the way through 8:01:20? My head is spinning... 🤯

I’ve had that happen practicing from home too. In my case I could not get them to show up until well into backups.

Need input from experienced "practicers" of attempting to join a boarding group. I did it for the first time today, and when I selected my party and hit continue, I got a red box warning at the bottom of my phone screen saying something along the lines of "we are no longer admitting riders who do not have a boarding pass for this attraction" or something like that. I backed out and tried again, and got a pop up notification that I would be attempting to get a back up boarding pass...

So, did I do it "right?". I was doing the constant refresh method, and was surprised to get the red warning, as I haven't read about that happening during practices or real life shared experiences. This morning was only my first time, and I plan on playing around with it some more. I can just imagine myself on the morning we fly out (the day before our first HS day) holding practice sessions with the Y chromosomes in our party teaching them what they'll need to do the next morning.

Does anyone else have boarding pass anxiety? Maybe it'll make it into DSM-6
I've never heard of the red box warning but everything else seems ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter