• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a confirmation that editing the time on your Cape May reservation to move it several days out then cancel works to avoid the cancellation fee? I’m assuming you will need to wait until the day of to move it. I’ve always cancelled before 24 hrs and I’m scared to move mine day of if needed. Too many unknowns for a vacation that needs to be planned 6 months in advance. 😮
I have done this often, actually do it about once a week. I think the key is doing before the 2 hour mark

Last edited:
Dang, I thought after schools were back in session things would calm down a little bit. We've blocked off Tuesday the 21 and Wednesday the 22 to go to HS. Our only goal is to ride RotR and I'll fit in RNR and others in the meantime. I'll be sure to update with my experience since y'all have been such a help!
I was at DHS today and there's still a lot of international travelers.

Is there a difference between different members of your party (in the park with you at 7am and all linked on MDE):

1. all logging into their own MDE, selecting the party, and trying to get a BG
2. all logging in with one person's log-in information, selecting the party, and trying to get a BG?

I've seen reference to both methods but I'm not sure if there's an advantage to either.

Is there a difference between different members of your party (in the park with you at 7am and all linked on MDE):

1. all logging into their own MDE, selecting the party, and trying to get a BG
2. all logging in with one person's log-in information, selecting the party, and trying to get a BG?

I've seen reference to both methods but I'm not sure if there's an advantage to either.
Option 2 increases the odds of getting a bg faster

That’s really helpful thanks! I know I have the option to edit all my dining reservations now on the app but I’m more than 24 hours out. Were you able to call to change one less than that far out with no cancellation fee?
Also good tip about getting an anytime fast pass. If I get one for Rise I’ll use it as soon as possible so I don’t accidentally lose it.
From my experience, and in talking to the dining line, you have until 11pm the night before to cancel/move a dining reservation using MDE, even for an early morning breakfast reservation. So technically even less than 24 hours but just not day-of in MDE...have to call to cancel for day of. But I have missed a dining reservation and was charged and called them when I returned home after my vacation and told them the reason why we missed (we had a very sick baby with us) and they refunded the charge. I’m sure with RotR they will be more than accommodating considering how many people are experiencing issues.

From my experience, and in talking to the dining line, you have until 11pm the night before to cancel/move a dining reservation using MDE, even for an early morning breakfast reservation. So technically even less than 24 hours but just not day-of in MDE...have to call to cancel for day of. But I have missed a dining reservation and was charged and called them when I returned home after my vacation and told them the reason why we missed (we had a very sick baby with us) and they refunded the charge. I’m sure with RotR they will be more than accommodating considering how many people are experiencing issues.

I was able to move dining reservations day of three times this trip in MDE. Twice to earlier times that same day, and once to a couple days later as we just were not hungry after too much snacking.

As keeper of The Chart, we expect better than 80.

Just sayin’. 😎
Ha! The Keeper of the Chart! I picture The Keymaster (Ghostbusters), The Grumpy Old Troll Who Lives Under The Bridge (Dora the Explorer), The Old man From Scene 23 (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), the Grand Exalted Imperial Poobah (Flintstones) and other similar grand titles!!

Yeah - I think you’re just a very unique scenario 😊
I am interested in these specific details. It may not matter for a 7:00 a.m. opening, but I am looking at a 9:00 a.m. opening on 2/9 or 2/11. It just seems like we may be back down to all regular BGs gone within a minute at that time. Unfortunately seems like these details such as keep the app closed until 7:00. Or have it open at that point and immediately click "Find Out More." Or already have clicked that and see if the "Join Boarding Group" turns red. Or click "My Status" and seems what happens. If that doesn't work, pull down the screen or close the whole thing, etc. What you are doing at that point may make a difference at that point. Still hoping on my end they change the hours to earlier to act as a barrier to entry to more people. Or I could just scrap as too stressful and o something else.

If you call this is the answer you get
However, MDE will let you move an ADR to a future time and then cancel with no penalty. As PP said, I've done it a lot.
You just can't CALL and ask.

Do we have a confirmation that editing the time on your Cape May reservation to move it several days out then cancel works to avoid the cancellation fee? I’m assuming you will need to wait until the day of to move it. I’ve always cancelled before 24 hrs and I’m scared to move mine day of if needed. Too many unknowns for a vacation that needs to be planned 6 months in advance. 😮
Yea, I can confirm this works 100% of the time.
Just don't wait till 5 min before your ADR, LOL

I was able to move dining reservations day of three times this trip in MDE. Twice to earlier times that same day, and once to a couple days later as we just were not hungry after too much snacking.
Awesome! Good to know!

I have not had success moving a dining reservation on the day of the reservation unless I call the dining line directly. When you click to change it in MDE, there is a notice that gives me a phone number to call for help. I overheard some cast members talking to visitors and they said that all the CMs are aware of the boarding group situation so if people are outside of their windows for FPs to just let the CM know when you scan in...the same goes for dining reservations but if you miss one you need to speak to Guest Services or call the dining line. Here is a tip I was given today: If you happen to experience downtime at RotR and receive a recovery FP (Like so many of us did today) make sure to verify with a CM before you tap in at your “late” FP location because the recovery FP may be erroneously used by the system.
The only ones I've not been able to move are those that require more than 24 hour cancellation notice. We eat at least 1 TS a day and move at least half of ours during a trip. I've never had one not allow it

Ha! The Keeper of the Chart! I picture The Keymaster (Ghostbusters), The Grumpy Old Troll Who Lives Under The Bridge (Dora the Explorer), The Old man From Scene 23 (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), the Grand Exalted Imperial Poobah (Flintstones) and other similar grand titles!!
And now i have "grumpy old troll who lives under the bridge" stuck in my head.

If one was to do the first option, would that screw up the system?

4 of my friends are coming down to meet me for a long weekend, saying on property. I was thinking all 5 of us log into our own MDE on our phones to get a boarding group.

Let’s take this time to remember to be patient with the cast members at RotR, Guest Relations and the GET team
I know it’s very hard when you don’t get the Bg you want or because of downtimes you don’t get to ride at all😢😢.
The Cast Members have been working long days. I’m sure many without days off.
Many are yelled at many times a day. For over a month now😱
I’m sure they are more frustrated than you are at all the downtimes.
So if your day doesn’t go well please take a breath and give a smile to the crew of RotR

Last edited:
If one was to do the first option, would that screw up the system?

4 of my friends are coming down to meet me for a long weekend, saying on property. I was thinking all 5 of us log into our own MDE on our phones to get a boarding group.
The probability of getting the same bg is very low if each of you logs in individually

The probability of getting the same bg is very low if each of you logs in individually

Sorry, should have clarify, I meant when you click on the red button and it asks who's all in your group, we'll all put each other (we're all connected on MDE already), and figured we'd see who's go through first

Out of curiosity, why is that? Sorry if I am missing the obvious.

They currently have HS opening at 9 AM all of our days (president's day week) and I just keep thinking there's NO way they don't open until 9 AM! But if they do at least I won't have to argue with my husband about how early is too early...

I keep checking February HS hours. I can't believe they haven't changed them yet. I am scared to see what a 9 a.m. opening would look like!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter