READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday morning here we come! I have clicked through but haven't "practiced" at 7am. I just plan on being use I'm on data not wi-fi as my wi-fi connection in the parks is usually slow or non-existent.

Hoping for 50 or lower so we can get a mid-day nap in! But backup plans are in place

I was wondering about the app - we’re going tomorrow - does the “Background App Refresh” matter? I have mine on, but wonder if that accounts for the tinkering with exiting out of the app, having to manually refresh, etc.

No, it should have no effect with getting a BG.

I also set my expectations (low) intentionally based on your experience. I have 6 different agendas for my Sunday @ DHS based on which BG number I get, lol! 5 of them accommodate my 5:10 Cape May dinner and 1 of them requires me to cancel that and do it on Tuesday instead (backup ADR already in hand).

Do we have a confirmation that editing the time on your Cape May reservation to move it several days out then cancel works to avoid the cancellation fee? I’m assuming you will need to wait until the day of to move it. I’ve always cancelled before 24 hrs and I’m scared to move mine day of if needed. Too many unknowns for a vacation that needs to be planned 6 months in advance. 😮

Do we have a confirmation that editing the time on your Cape May reservation to move it several days out then cancel works to avoid the cancellation fee? I’m assuming you will need to wait until the day of to move it. I’ve always cancelled before 24 hrs and I’m scared to move mine day of if needed. Too many unknowns for a vacation that needs to be planned 6 months in advance. 😮
That would be my plan. With a backup of asking for grace due to the RotR issue...

I seriously don't mean this to be rude but it seems your problem is just not planning to spend the day at DHS. It sounds like you're local so it's obviously a whole different ballgame than what most of us are trying to do. I think the primary focus of most people is to just get a reg BG that gets called back (or gets them a FP return if down-time) and to avoid the end of night craziness.

I'm not saying this to offend you, just pointing out that I think 99% of us here would be perfectly happy to have obtained BG 51 and ride prior to 3pm.

My personal goal is to get a BG of 80 or under...that's literally all I need to accomplish to be happy on my DHS day.

no offense taken. Didn't mean to come off in any shape as ungrateful.

I have not had success moving a dining reservation on the day of the reservation unless I call the dining line directly. When you click to change it in MDE, there is a notice that gives me a phone number to call for help. I overheard some cast members talking to visitors and they said that all the CMs are aware of the boarding group situation so if people are outside of their windows for FPs to just let the CM know when you scan in...the same goes for dining reservations but if you miss one you need to speak to Guest Services or call the dining line. Here is a tip I was given today: If you happen to experience downtime at RotR and receive a recovery FP (Like so many of us did today) make sure to verify with a CM before you tap in at your “late” FP location because the recovery FP may be erroneously used by the system.

Unfortunately we got a message close to 5:30 that they were not able to accommodate us today—we have one more chance and will be sure to get in the park earlier—if that doesn’t work I guess we go home sad!
We didn’t manage to get into the park until around 7:20 this morning and got a back up BG number of 126. Any idea when is the latest we may hear yea or nay? Since park closes at 8 and they give you two hours to get there, I’m guessing they would have to let the BG backup groups know something by 6:00, but does it actually work that way or have people heard back later?

If they hold 8am opens I’d choose Wednesday. That would give you 1 more day of data to see how bad 8am opens are. If Monday is bad, Tuesday could bring a lot overreaction craziness.
Oh my! Our first day at HS and our first try at ROTR will be Monday 1/27. We’ll be the 8am opening guinea pigs lol. Our times will be posted to the thread!

I have not had success moving a dining reservation on the day of the reservation unless I call the dining line directly. When you click to change it in MDE, there is a notice that gives me a phone number to call for help. I overheard some cast members talking to visitors and they said that all the CMs are aware of the boarding group situation so if people are outside of their windows for FPs to just let the CM know when you scan in...the same goes for dining reservations but if you miss one you need to speak to Guest Services or call the dining line. Here is a tip I was given today: If you happen to experience downtime at RotR and receive a recovery FP (Like so many of us did today) make sure to verify with a CM before you tap in at your “late” FP location because the recovery FP may be erroneously used by the system.

That’s really helpful thanks! I know I have the option to edit all my dining reservations now on the app but I’m more than 24 hours out. Were you able to call to change one less than that far out with no cancellation fee?
Also good tip about getting an anytime fast pass. If I get one for Rise I’ll use it as soon as possible so I don’t accidentally lose it.

Dang, I thought after schools were back in session things would calm down a little bit. We've blocked off Tuesday the 21 and Wednesday the 22 to go to HS. Our only goal is to ride RotR and I'll fit in RNR and others in the meantime. I'll be sure to update with my experience since y'all have been such a help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter