READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessary. There's a good chance you're inside HS by the time they came over anyway. And it won't make much difference if the goal is that you're all inside HS before official open.

If you're also trying to secure a spot to rope drop a ride, I definitely wouldn't recommend. There's a good chance other guests block them from getting all the way to your spot. It's very awkward having to 'excuse' yourself past 200+ people, especially before coffee lol.
Thanks everyone. I’ll just tell them we all need to walk over together. Don’t want to upset anyone in line behind us.

So, the 90-120 minute wait times at the end of the night end up only effecting back up BG group holders, at this point anyways, right? They're doing it too late to really impact regular BG holders? I think I'm okay with them calling a mass of them at the end of the night if that's the case. Do you wanna get up early and spend your 90-120 minutes getting your butt to the park before dawn, or you wanna spend that time in a line in the evening?

I think it's funny we've had so many people talk about how they wish Disney would let it be a free for all stand by line, meanwhile DFB thinks it's news worthy when it gets a 90 minute wait :rotfl2:
Well it did affect regular BG holders on the days where they barely got thru all the regular BGs. That’s been somewhat rare since they usually have all regulars called well before park close. You’ll see it happen around 5pm on an 8pm close. They’ll be calling a BG ever 5 minutes for hours and then all of the sudden they’ll start calling them every 2-3 minutes.

As a tip, if your BG is called 4 hrs prior to park closing DON’T Delay in getting over there! You don’t want to become part of the end of the night mess (even though you have 2 hours to return).

Thanks everyone. I’ll just tell them we all need to walk over together. Don’t want to upset anyone in line behind us.
Is there something you’re trying to achieve by doing this? Because I’d mention that if there’s a purpose so we can provide good advice.

Well it did affect regular BG holders on the days where they barely got thru all the regular BGs. That’s been somewhat rare since they usually have all regulars called well before park close. You’ll see it happen around 5pm on an 8pm close. They’ll be calling a BG ever 5 minutes for hours and then all of the sudden they’ll start calling them every 2-3 minutes.

As a tip, if your BG is called 4 hrs prior to park closing DON’T Delay in getting over there! You don’t want to become part of the end of the night mess (even though you have 2 hours to return).

Oh that makes sense, I didn't know if they were doing it only on nights where they had made it through the regular ones in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd say wait until as late as possible to jump in if you're a late called group so you don't eat up park time, but how terrible would that be if you do that and then it goes down before you enter the line? This attraction is so complicated lol.

Oh that makes sense, I didn't know if they were doing it only on nights where they had made it through the regular ones in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd say wait until as late as possible to jump in if you're a late called group so you don't eat up park time, but how terrible would that be if you do that and then it goes down before you enter the line? This attraction is so complicated lol.
It’s a tough call for sure. If you’re a backup BG And you get called, and the ride goes down... do you get something (a next day FP?) if you were in line? And if so, Do you still get something if you attempt to go back and the line is closed? Too many unknowns here.

It’s a tough call for sure. If you’re a backup BG And you get called, and the ride goes down... do you get something (a next day FP?) if you were in line? And if so, Do you still get something if you attempt to go back and the line is closed? Too many unknowns here.
That's a good question... do back-up BGs get a FP if RoR goes down while they're on line?

If my BG was likely to be part of that Last 2 HR Push mass-calling, I'd position myself near RoR a tad more than 2hrs before closing and try to get a jump on the situation. If there's already a huge line before me then I'd come back later towards park close.

Usually I'd err on the side of caution to ensure riding RoR by queueing ASAP. Plus it could give a chance to catch Fantasmic, Fireworks, do SDD or MFSR last park minute... no guarantee though.

Question! 7 members of our group plan to try to ride ROTR.

With a party of 7, would you try to get everyone together or split into 4 & 3? I’m trying to decide if one of us should book for all, or if one of us should book for 3 and the other for 4. We are flexible and don’t all need to ride together. Is there any benefit to us splitting up in terms of getting a BG?

With a party of 7, would you try to get everyone together or split into 4 & 3? I’m trying to decide if one of us should book for all, or if one of us should book for 3 and the other for 4. We are flexible and don’t all need to ride together. Is there any benefit to us splitting up in terms of getting a BG?
You should book all 7 of you together. If you have everyone linked that’s more people to try and get in.

Many people on this board who had large parties posted getting a lower BG. I don't think there's any benefit in having a smaller group.

MDE makes it easy. It works very similar to FP where you can 'Select All' to quickly include everyone.

So, just to be clear, they’re STILL not allowing RotT to revert to standby during nighttime EMH? Seems like a lost opportunity to get some extra folks onto the ride while the park is only hosting resort guests... I could’ve sworn I heard someplace that standby becomes available once the park is closed to regular day guests but is continuing on in the evening, just not the morning. I guess being satisfied with a one and only ride on RotR is the expectation? Good thing we’re there two days...

So, just to be clear, they’re STILL not allowing RotT to revert to standby during nighttime EMH? Seems like a lost opportunity to get some extra folks onto the ride while the park is only hosting resort guests... I could’ve sworn I heard someplace that standby becomes available once the park is closed to regular day guests but is continuing on in the evening, just not the morning. I guess being satisfied with a one and only ride on RotR is the expectation? Good thing we’re there two days...

No standby. I’ve read that they need the time for maintenance. Plus if standby was offered, even during emh, there’d probably be a 2+ hour wait instantly that they wouldn’t be able to get through before park close.

That's a good question... do back-up BGs get a FP if RoR goes down while they're on line?

If my BG was likely to be part of that Last 2 HR Push mass-calling, I'd position myself near RoR a tad more than 2hrs before closing and try to get a jump on the situation. If there's already a huge line before me then I'd come back later towards park close.

Usually I'd err on the side of caution to ensure riding RoR by queueing ASAP. Plus it could give a chance to catch Fantasmic, Fireworks, do SDD or MFSR last park minute... no guarantee though.
Not automatically. As they tell you that backup are not guaranteed to ride there's no guest recovery. But if the person goes to guest relations something MIGHT be offered

Just got here.

Im so far back lol. Lot different from the first 2 times I was here (before procedure change)

Yesterday when we saw the massive line around 515 I looked at the app and the boarding groups called were listed as 90 something to 140 something.That would’ve encompassed both regular boarding groups and backup boarding groups. A ton of them.

Our Uber took longer to arrive than expected yesterday. I don’t think it got to the Pop Century until about 615. Then we sat in a lot of very slow traffic getting to the park and drop off spot. I was a little concerned. But when we got there the park had been opened and we sailed through bag check and tap in faster than at any other park this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter