Re-imagineering Sleeping Beauty's Castle

All of my adult/teen visits have been to WDW. Going in, I *knew* that Sleeping Beauty's Castle is smaller than Cinderella's castle. That still didn't stop me from coming round the corner, looking down Main Street for the inconic view, then having to drop my line of sight by a lot. Kind of like when the doorbell rings, you open the door looking straight ahead, then have to look down to the kid selling wrapping paper.

I've only been to DL once and this exact thing happened to me! I knew it was going to be small, but still had to adjust my line of sight.

To get back to the topic, I think the castle should stay how it is. It's Walt's vision and DL, to me, will (and should) always be the one park in the world where we can go to appreciate and relive some REAL Disney history.

I think they should strech it up, 1 foot a year. So I will be dead by the time it matches Cinderellas castle.

Let em complain about the size of our castle! Our Matterhorn mountain is bigger than theirs! :laughing:

yeah and remember how we said it be fun to grill on a hibachi grill on the grass in front of the castle...yeh so there we are going to do that and the cant cuase they dont have u and i to think of such stupid things.. :rotfl2:

..who wants a lobster tail before fireworks? :rotfl:

yeah and remember how we said it be fun to grill on a hibachi grill on the grass in front of the castle...yeh so there we are going to do that and the cant cuase they dont have u and i to think of such stupid things.. :rotfl2:

..who wants a lobster tail before fireworks? :rotfl:

How many are you making? If I hurry and you delay the fireworks so they can show 2am each night. I will hop in the car.

They, the imagineers, have messed with it a bit over the years. I think it is darling, charming and I love it. I wouldn't mind if they added some tourets to it for some added height. But in general, it needs to stay the way it is.
This is not a castle competition!

Yes. Yes I would. The castle is that size not only just because our park is older, but also because thats what works for the space. If you stuck something the size of Cinderellas castle there it would look silly. Frankly I dont understand the argument over the size of the castle. The castles are both made to fit the park there in, end of discussion I feel. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter