Re-imagineering Sleeping Beauty's Castle

lugnut33

DIS Veteran
Let's say Disney decided they were going to re-imagine Sleeping Beauty's Castle and make it a much larger and grandiose castle. Would you be upset by that?

I just ask because so many people comment about the size of the castle, eventhough I feel like there is more to it than the castle at WDW, which is huge. Does Disneyland's Magic Kingdom need a new castle to compete against all the other ones?

NO!!! I would be upset by this. Call me nostalgic, but I wouldn't want it to change.

I wouldn't want it changed either! The size of the castle makes it charming, not over-whelming!!

Totally agree- no messing with Walt's castle.
I DO love the one in Paris though

I wouldn't like to see it changed. It fits in with the size of DL. The WDW is larger but it feels like MK is larger than DL. Not to get into a DL vs. WDW, but I like the DL one better. Although, I do like the idea of the apt. inside the WDW one! :lovestruc

I wouldn't like it to be changed...it fits the scale of the Park. Something as big as the Castle at WDW would be overwhelming, just as a Castle the size of the one at Disneyland would be "underwhelming" in a place as big as WDW.

Chaning Sleeping Beauty Castle is just downright blasphemous! It's an icon of the park, the original, perfect, and ... I can't cme up with anything else right now but it just is!

Hmmm, it appears to be overwhelmingly "NO", but yet I hear all these people complaining about the size. I've heard it called Sleeping Beauty's Cottage, or her Summer Home!! Would a bigger castle make it better?

Personally, I'm fine with the size.

Another no vote here.

It's been my experience over the years that many (not all, but many) of the people who complain about the size are WDW vets looking for a reason to not like DL. It's amazing how many times I've seen the words "ruined my vacation" when they are talking about the castle.

A mugger might ruin my vacation, but not a building. Unless it's a really, really bad hotel room.

Why would they do that in the first place? If it was good enought for Walt, it is good enough for me.

Jack

It fits the scale of the park so I say no. However, I can see where people are coming from when they are used to Cinderella's Castle and then see Sleeping Beauty's. First time DW (a Florida native) saw it she was a little underwhelmed.

There's a castle at Disneyland? I saw some weird pink stump in some of the photos; thought it was something to do with an amputee charity.

We're making our first visit to Disneyland this fall; can't wait :goodvibes

I haven't even been to Disneyland yet (arriving in 7 days for first ever trip!) and I wouldn't want it made bigger because of the reasons listed above... Walt's original, too big for the park etc.

I think probably people who've been to WDW before DL are probably mostly surprised about the difference in size if they are not prepared. Since I've been reading the boards I will be prepared for the difference.

Of course, I've heard so much about it being smaller than Cinderella's castle that I'll probably be surprised that it is bigger than I think it is. I've started to think it's a little Polly Pocket thing I could stuff in my pocket and try to get past security on my way out :rotfl:

I'm a WDW vet who loves Cinderella's castle and I say DON'T mess with Sleeping Beauty's Castle!!! It is perfect and charming just the way it is! The walk through with Sleeping Beauty's story is wonderful. We were surprised in June at how few people were actually going in.

Let em complain about the size of our castle! Our Matterhorn mountain is bigger than theirs! :laughing:

Sleeping beauty's castle is perfect as is. no need to change it.

I couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup2

I grew up going to WDW and my first trip to DL was last June but I love it a little more. Sleeping Beauty's castle is my favorite castle out of the two and it's pink, my favorite color! :lovestruc I wouldn't change a thing. I wish Cinderella's castle had a storybook walkthrough tho :rolleyes1 It'd be so neat. Dare I say I have a tiny bit of castle envy? :laughing:

I haven't even been to Disneyland yet (arriving in 7 days for first ever trip!) and I wouldn't want it made bigger because of the reasons listed above... Walt's original, too big for the park etc.

I think probably people who've been to WDW before DL are probably mostly surprised about the difference in size if they are not prepared. Since I've been reading the boards I will be prepared for the difference.

Of course, I've heard so much about it being smaller than Cinderella's castle that I'll probably be surprised that it is bigger than I think it is. I've started to think it's a little Polly Pocket thing I could stuff in my pocket and try to get past security on my way out :rotfl:

All of my adult/teen visits have been to WDW. Going in, I *knew* that Sleeping Beauty's Castle is smaller than Cinderella's castle. That still didn't stop me from coming round the corner, looking down Main Street for the inconic view, then having to drop my line of sight by a lot. Kind of like when the doorbell rings, you open the door looking straight ahead, then have to look down to the kid selling wrapping paper. It's nice, I'm just saying that they better hope there's no avalance at the Matterhorn because the Castle will get buried to the top turret.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter