TsWade2

DIS Veteran
Wow. This has been awhile. You never guess which Disney characters just come out to Disneyland this weekend. It's the Seven Dwarfs. They just came out roaming around with Snow White and sometimes stop for pictures. But that's not all, the Pinocchio characters came out too. And so are the Alice In Wonderland crew. It looks like Disneyland are stepping up their game with their rare characters. I am pleased. Hey, since Disneyland reopen the area of Hungry Bear Restaurant not too long ago, maybe they can try bring back Brer Fox and Brer Bear too meet 'n' greet in that area, Of course, I'm not going to hold breath, but I think it's possibility, even though it's my estimated guess. But, before you guys go any ideas going to Disneyland immediately to meet the Seven Dwarfs, they made not be there regularly, although I will be shocked if they are. But I am so glad Disneyland is stepping up their game with their rare characters, so this good news and it'll keep my spirits up. If you don't believe me, here's the proof:

We saw them, too! I was talking to a character CM about it ... she said they were there for a "special engagement" and would not be there regularly. I forgot to ask what the special engagement was, but I would guess maybe it was the end of MSEP?

We saw them, too! I was talking to a character CM about it ... she said they were there for a "special engagement" and would not be there regularly. I forgot to ask what the special engagement was, but I would guess maybe it was the end of MSEP?
I guess you maybe right. But they did brought out Pinocchio characters recently so far, so this maybe still a good step up. BTW, I already met the seven dwarfs at character fan days 6 years ago, so I'm good.

I saw Snow White plus all 7 cross in front of Astro Orbiters on Friday. I checked the app and they weren't in it, but it could have been their last set. I was lucky enough to get a pic with all 7 several years ago at an event. I also say Gepetto twice, though he's not that rare, and Gideon and Honest John together on the Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn. I was a little surprised not to all see Pinocchio in the same area, since all 3 were together.

We were out there last week and were very impressed with the variety of characters, as well as how they sometimes seem to have much more freedom to roam at Disneyland. We walked around New Orleans Square area with Dr. Facilier for a few minutes, and I kept seeing him wandering aimlessly around the area for the next 15 minutes or so (as we sat eating beignets). No handler with him -- just him all alone, and surprisingly without a mob of people following him around. Also walked by Jack Sparrow at one point -- I saluted him, and he stopped as we passed each other and said that a handshake was a more proper greeting than a salute, and he put his hand out to shake mine. Again, no handler whatsoever (or if there was one for these guys, they were not hovering like they do at WDW). Also got to see Cruella, the Evil Queen and the Queen of Hearts.

We were out there last week and were very impressed with the variety of characters, as well as how they sometimes seem to have much more freedom to roam at Disneyland. We walked around New Orleans Square area with Dr. Facilier for a few minutes, and I kept seeing him wandering aimlessly around the area for the next 15 minutes or so (as we sat eating beignets). No handler with him -- just him all alone, and surprisingly without a mob of people following him around. Also walked by Jack Sparrow at one point -- I saluted him, and he stopped as we passed each other and said that a handshake was a more proper greeting than a salute, and he put his hand out to shake mine. Again, no handler whatsoever (or if there was one for these guys, they were not hovering like they do at WDW). Also got to see Cruella, the Evil Queen and the Queen of Hearts.
Of course, I'm glad that they're improving their characters a little bit. I just wish we still have Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Because I thought that was a good place for rare characters. But sadly, they have to replace it for Star Wars Land. AP Days is a good try and all, but I kind of miss Character Fan Days, Long Lost friends Week, and Frontierland Troupe there. There much better. Also, I have to give up finding Brer Fox for now, until something comes up.

This is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to my trip. My husband as well. We really like the roaming character aspect and can't wait to see it in action. I can't stand waiting in long lines for characters.

oooh, I hope they do that when we go in a couple weeks and I hope the fine folks at DLand know how much this is appreciated. On our first trip 5 years ago, one of the most fun memories we have is when we were taking a break sitting in the town square and we noticed pinocchio running and hiding behind trees and bushes and then the Queen of Hearts coming around looking for him. My girls, who were 2 and 4 at the time, decided to join in and the Queen of Hearts chased my 2 year old all over the place. The random characters are so much fun! That memory alone is one of the reasons we keep planning trips back instead of heading to WDW.

It was so cool seeing the little skit fun Snow White and the Seven Dwarves did. I was so shocked to see them all out! Geppetto walked by us standing in line at Pixie Hollow and he turned the wait time sign around to point at while indicating we were all crazy :rotfl2:. Also saw Tweedle Dee and Dum come out as well.

I wish I wasn't down there for so short of a trip. Would have loved to stop to see all of them to get autographs in my Disney cook book. But because it was a short trip (just to see MSEP), I didn't have my cook book with me :sad:

I don't know how often he's there, but Piglet was at the Pooh M&G area when we were there a few days ago. I'd never seen him before. Rabbit was also there, but evidently he's a regular now since he had his own sign. It was the first time we'd seem him. Rabbit and Pooh were SO funny together!

We were out there last week and were very impressed with the variety of characters, as well as how they sometimes seem to have much more freedom to roam at Disneyland.
We also saw Dr. Facilier out and about more than once. We did hear him tell a little one to "walk with him" as he signed the autograph book, took photos (briefly paused) and generally talked with her (it was cute). It reminded me a lot of how the Stormtroopers are in Tomorrowland. Maybe they're hoping to make more characters "wanders" instead of having fixed locations. It will be interesting to see if that continues as the summer winds down and/or the busy holiday season picks up.

I also say Gepetto twice, though he's not that rare, and Gideon and Honest John together on the Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn. I was a little surprised not to all see Pinocchio in the same area, since all 3 were together.
I saw Honest John, Pinocchio, and Gepetto together one morning. Maybe they're limiting it to sets of three wandering characters? They did have a handler (maybe because they can't "talk"?). The morning I saw them, Pinocchio and Gepetto were together over by the Tea Cups, but Honest John was by Dumbo. It looked the two had stopped to sign autographs and take photos, but Honest John had kept on walking. It's fun to see the characters just roaming around the various lands!

On Saturday afternoon I was relaxing on the curb eating an ice cream bar outside Guardians when all of a sudden boots came into my eyeline. Looked up and saw Thor standing over me. It was during the Guardians dance-off, and he started using his hammer as an air guitar and dancing along! It was hilarious!

I remember once when my kids were little we were having a Minnie character breakfast and Briar Fox came by. We were all trying to guess who it was(had NO idea at the time), we kept guessing wrong and he just kept shaking his head, finally put his head down. Finally had to ask one of the servers lol.

I suppose that's one of the "risks" of being one of the lesser known characters :rotfl: The same thing happened when my family was at Storytellers for brunch one day. I had looked it up before we ate, so we knew that the two bears were Koda and Kenai, but one of the tables near to us did not. They kept guessing and finally the bear (I forgot which one it was) got my mother (she was at the end of the table) and brought her to their table to tell them who he was. Poor bear! I bet that happens pretty frequently with the lesser known characters.

I suppose that's one of the "risks" of being one of the lesser known characters :rotfl: The same thing happened when my family was at Storytellers for brunch one day. I had looked it up before we ate, so we knew that the two bears were Koda and Kenai, but one of the tables near to us did not. They kept guessing and finally the bear (I forgot which one it was) got my mother (she was at the end of the table) and brought her to their table to tell them who he was. Poor bear! I bet that happens pretty frequently with the lesser known characters.
Is it, Brer Bear?

No, it was either Koda or Kenai from Brother Bear....I just don't remember which of the two it was (we saw both that meal).

My kids have never been interested in meet and greets, but they love the random characters at DL/DCA, seemingly without handlers. Along with the usual princesses, Mary Poppins (at the Jolly Holiday), and more common villains, we also saw Dr. Facilier wandering, and Jack Sparrow tried to convince my son to ride Pirates when he was waiting outside by himself. Thor seems to be a regular in DCA, and he really seems to enjoy random, funny interactions with kids.

I wish there's a way to find Brer Fox at Storytellers Cafe. Maybe I should a pick a different day instead on weekends. I guess weekends is possibly the unluckiest day to go to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter