Rant: The DDP is ruining everything!

The Sweetness said:
How exactly is whining *the ddp is ruining everything!* (or whatever the *exact* words were~ HERE going to help anything? If you aren't getting your money's worth out of your fine dining experiences~ you really should change where you eat, for your own good. The truth of the matter is that the DDP makes table service dining more affordable, and more appealing to the masses (I'll be buying it).You (all unhappy WDW diners) should really eat wherever you feel that you are getting what you think you deserve. Regaurdless of where you spend your free time. WDW or not. :rolleyes:

The "Denny's" crowd has spoken! :stir:

Peter Pirate 2 said:
To tell me (or those like me) to just quit going, after I've been visitng WDW since year one, after I've raised my kids on Disney, after Disney opened my eyes to really good dining and really good service, after 30 years of being a Disney ambassador, after falling hook line and sinker for the 'Disney way' is just uncomprehensible to me...How can you even pretend to know enough about someone to even suggest such a thing?

I don't tell newbies, 'don't go because it's not as good as it used to be'. I say go and enjoy it to the very hilt, have fun, fall in love with it...Just don't tell the old timers it's as good as it ever was without some evidence (other than bottom line figures) to back it up.

Nice post Bill Sears. :thumbsup2
pirate:

I feel your pain, I really do....but can't you say that about many businesses in general? Remember what what 30 cents use t get at the gas station? Your gas, tires checked, oil checked, etc? Remember when you could go into a regular electronics store and the middle aged sales person actually knew his product?

My point is that we have sold out as consumers. We want our stuff cheap at any cost. The same can be said of Disney. Not an exact correlation, but close enough.

I remember growing up ant we used to scrimp and save for our vacations. One year we decided against a TV in order to go to Disneyland. And we were very comfortable as far as income.

In order to get our stuff affordably, we must sacrafice something - either quality, quantity or service . I cannot get angry at Disney for their actions. We have a board of over 100,000 (possibly only 20,000 with a truckload of aliases)dedicated to wasy of getting around Disney rules and maximizing the value of our vacation --- I don't think we should be surprised that Disey is fighting back. I frankly prefered the plan that they gace you a "crediit card" with your dining alotment - which was (I think) 15% more than what you paid in. Flexibility and quality in one.

I personally think I would be OK with increasing the cost of the plan by as much as $20/day if it meant that quality would remain top notch.

I hear you yeartolate and I agree that we as consumers have let what we accept deteriorate to the same bottom line thinking that corporate America wants to feed us. I'm as guilty as anyone...

But my expectations from Disney have always been above what everyone else was doing. Walt's "exceed expectations" motto was followed for years and set service standards for many industries around the world. Books were written and college classes were taught on doing things the
'Disney way'.

Sadly that has change and we shall reap what we sow but that fact of 21st Century living isn't going to make me forget what Disney once was.
pirate:

Well, I still like to visit. I'll probably keep visiting as long as they keep the Adventurers Club open. But I still need to eat, so I can at this point hold out hope that they'll keep the signature restaurants at the 2 credit level so at least there are a few places where the food and service doesn't suck. If they don't I know I can eat at the Swolphin. Bluezoo has a nice bar area where they serve food.

But I'm not thrilled with the removal from the menus of the items that had ingredients that were apparently deemed too expensive (even at the 2 credit restaurants).

I can always start limiting my long-term visits to the Food & Wine Festival period. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter