RANT ALERT Park Manners

No Flash Photography means NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! Every time we ride Pirates someone is taking flash pictures!
Keep your childrens hands and yours too inside the boats! Kids and adults with their hands in the water IASW! Like your fingers much?
When there are 10 of you in a group and you all 10 walk side by side and take the whole walkway.
Tour Groups are the worst! Most of them have No Manners. Cutting in line, Pushing and shoving, Getting in your personal space in line, Blocking the entrances to stores and so on
People Smoking all over the place!! I am a smoker and smoke in the DSA's. They are not hard to find. We were in line for Merida and I counted 10 people smoking walking past us. Really?

Please don't stop in the doorway when exiting a shop or attraction. Take a few extra steps so others can exit behind you.

Has anyone had this experience? We were seated at a show and apparently the adult behind us was bored, so he decided to torment his toddler daughter, who, understandably, started screaming. We couldn't hear a thing except her ear-splitting screeches and her father's laughter. This has happened to us at both DL and WDW.

Seriously cannot read this thread any more too much of a bummer. Be thankful you can afford to take your family to DW. I have taught kids who lived in shanties back in the woods, no car, no running water and even taught kids that had to live out of their parents car. Honestly, I am thankful I have my own home , car, food, solid job I love, etc. To me DW is just icing on the cake and I feel so blessed and humbled to be able to provide this experience for my child. Honestly, we have been blessed to do two DW trips and a DIsney Cruise. Honestly, just being in DW and on the cruise was so amazing and I was so thankful to provide this for my son, I have had no gripes anytime on these vacations. I am not going to let problems that in the great scheme are insignificant ruin my amazing time at DW. Sorry if these offends anybody, but honestly get a Mickey Bar and enjoy the fact that you are in the most magical place on earth!

You purposefully entered a thread with a very specific title. If it bothers you, don't read it. We all know we are better off then people from Somalia. If you don't like it, instead of commenting on those of us who are "over privileged", donate your time to make up for what you think are spoiled ungrateful humans. Just so you know, unless you are with "Make A Wish" anyone who goes to Disney instead of supporting those in need are inhumane. Good job in making us feel bad

My only rule: Don't sweat the small stuff.

No reason to have your day ruined by worrying about how someone else behaves. At the end of the day, their rudeness may cost you a few of minutes. Those minutes are not worth the extended aggravation that people sometimes carry with them for hours during their vacation.
Amen! This especially applies at The Happiest Place On Earth.

No Flash Photography means NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!! Every time we ride Pirates someone is taking flash pictures!
Keep your childrens hands and yours too inside the boats! Kids and adults with their hands in the water IASW! Like your fingers much?
When there are 10 of you in a group and you all 10 walk side by side and take the whole walkway.
Tour Groups are the worst! Most of them have No Manners. Cutting in line, Pushing and shoving, Getting in your personal space in line, Blocking the entrances to stores and so on
People Smoking all over the place!! I am a smoker and smoke in the DSA's. They are not hard to find. We were in line for Merida and I counted 10 people smoking walking past us. Really?

Smoking in WDW? There are special places for that, no?

Me again. Please turn off your mobile devices in dark attractions, do you really need to check Facebook or your photos in the middle of 'Carousel of Progress' No flash photography is there for a reason, having a flash going off constantly over your shoulder on Pirates of The Caribbean is distracting and annoying as I told someone doing it, they didn't stop, so I told the CM at the end who stopped the gentleman and gave him a talking to.
And put your phones away, talk to your kids instead.

There was a song from the official CD from the parks back around 1994 called "Makin' Memories!" I forget which attraction it was from, but its extinct now. I'll be bringing my camera to our trip, but there's a limit between being behind the camera and just plain enjoying your time at WDW with your kids. And Carousel of Progress is definitely not the places to shine your little phone screen. You should wait to see the little red cup come out of the dishwasher in the 1940's scene for heaven's sake!

lol at the South American tour groups! We ran in to a bunch of tour groups last week (don't know where they were from) and most of them were fine (as polite as any one else was there, and maybe more since they had a leader or something who was always letting them know if they were in the way). There was ONE very large group that was at AK our 1st day, singing loudly and just having a good time all across the park. It was a pain to get to a ride they were at because the FP line would be super long with the ones who were already on, and then in FRONT of the line was crowded with the rest of the group waiting for their time. But other than that they were nice enough. Just a loud group of teenagers having fun. Then we ran in to the same group at MK. I guess there was another group they didn't get along with because the loud songs they were singing were now being shouted back and forth and included words I KNOW are not appropriate for Disney. :-( So there's mine. Please use Disney appropriate language, even if you aren't speaking English. There are Spanish speaking (or whatever language you happen to speak) children there as well, and they don't need to hear that.

Also, yes! The STROLLERS! We were trying to make our way out of MK after the fireworks. It was taking forever, partly because some of the tour groups were meeting in the MIDDLE OF MAIN STREET (there's another one. Middle of oncoming traffic isn't a good meeting place), and the same guy kept clipping me in the back of the leg. Like, every 15 seconds or so. As if hitting me with his stroller would get the people in front of me to walk faster! I'm normally not confrontational at all, but after a particularly hard hit I did finally turn around and look at him and say "Seriously?!" That's all I said, but I didn't get hit again. :-b

We got on the bus to go to Epcot for dinner one evening from POFQ and a woman and two terribly sunburned kids got on with her at a stop from POR. The lady sat next to me, gabbed her young son and held him on her shoulder where he then proceeded to let go of his lunch all over my arm and on my shirt. I jumped up, the driver stopped the bus and asked the lady to go outside to let her son finish. Nope she stayed inside while the child continued his release of his lunch all over the seats in the bus. Driver asked mom if she wanted to go back to her room and she said "no, he will be fine and his father is waiting for us at Epcot". So off we go to Epcot on a barfed on bus and me with my barfed on shoulder. I ran to the first bathroom at Epcot and began to rinse off my shirt and shoulder. We didn't have time to go back to the hotel since we had ADRs at Biergarden. Another lady followed who was just as disgusted and washed up as it was a totally gross situation.
The lady with the barfing boy never said a single word to me. No "I am sorry" or "here have a wipey from my diaper bag" or "here's $20 for a clean shirt" she said absolutely nothing. :furious:
I guess it was my fault for sitting next to her when her child was sunburned and sick!

I was so glad we were going home the next day....
I agree that she should've given you t-shirt money. I mean, really! She refused to take her kid off the bus!? :confused3

...Turkey Legs!

I'm no vegetarian but I find the open-mouthed eating of turkey legs while walking or waiting in line or wherever you have to be a part of it to be disgusting. Again, I'm no vegetarian, but the smell of it -- not to mention the smacking and mouth noises -- ugh. I blame you, Toluca.

Chew with your mouth closed! I can hear my mom, now. Those overly-salted, salty, salt-filled meaty piles of salt those are....

One trip we were waiting at the Poly for our ADR time. I was hanging out downstairs by the soon to be gone fountain:sad2: and there was the little brat who was ripping the plants out and then tossing them into the water. I looked around for an adult, and when I didn't see one, I said something like" What are you Doing" to him. He stopped.

I stayed at the Poly in 1987 so ages ago, but I'm sad to hear that the fountain is gone! The one in the main lobby?!

I stayed at the Poly in 1987 so ages ago, but I'm sad to hear that the fountain is gone! The one in the main lobby?!

GONE!!!!!:headache:

From what I understand it caused huge mold and mildew problems that Disney couldn't stay on top of. They are redoing the whole lobby and putting a tiny water feature in.

No it is not fair for a person in a wheelchair to have to wait alone while their family go through the line and then get on.
1. Why should we have to separate from our family.
2. You have the issue of guests refusing to give up the seats in the area where the tie downs are located.
3. Safer to maneuver without peoples feet in the way. This is why they do not board wheelchairs after the have started regular boarding.

There is a limit of the guest in the wheelchair plus 5. That does need to be enforced. If we had our entire family with us we would need to separate because it would be a total of 8. Then we would meet up at the park.

During our last trip, my grandmother rode in a wheelchair. As I recall, we all got to load at the back of each ride and not wait in line. We had more than five people.

On a similar note, my niece is now in TV and semi famous. She's had someone with her when she's gone to Disneyland just because of this and she's gotten to get on attractions without waiting in line. This may be the case when we go on our trip to WDW coming up. I'm not for sure right now.

GONE!!!!!:headache:

From what I understand it caused huge mold and mildew problems that Disney couldn't stay on top of. They are redoing the whole lobby and putting a tiny water feature in.

Awww.... That's sad. That was so awesome. I had a screen-saver phone of that fountain on my computer in 2001 or so.

There was a song from the official CD from the parks back around 1994 called "Makin' Memories!" I forget which attraction it was from, but its extinct now.

It's from the pre-show at Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. The connection was that the Imagination pavilion was sponsored by Kodak.

It is not always a self imposed condition. There are many medical conditions that can cause someone to gain a lot of weight. And there are many medications that cause weight gain. There is not one of us who can know by looking at someone if they are heavy from bad diet and lack of exercise or heavy from a medical condition.

This is true on both counts!

-Interactive queues: make things complicated, but if you're stopping for multiple pictures every 2 seconds and the line is moving steadily in front of you, know that you're going to have people moving around you

-Be aware that there are 2 lines at pretty much every QS til.....

Also a general note on the bus seat thing...you never really know what's going on with the person sitting, I'm a fairly active and healthy 25 year old but I do have arthritis in my hips & horrible ankle problems, and I'll sit down on a crowded bus because of it. Just be wary before you chew somebody out for it...or anythign in the parks really...

-Interactive queues: make things complicated, but if you're stopping for multiple pictures every 2 seconds and the line is moving steadily in front of you, know that you're going to have people moving around you -Be aware that there are 2 lines at pretty much every QS til..... Also a general note on the bus seat thing...you never really know what's going on with the person sitting, I'm a fairly active and healthy 25 year old but I do have arthritis in my hips & horrible ankle problems, and I'll sit down on a crowded bus because of it. Just be wary before you chew somebody out for it...or anythign in the parks really...

I try not to be a huge complainer, but I have to add to the QS thing. The menu is on the wall. Please try to have some idea of what you want. I was behind a literal family reunion's worth of people once. No one knew what they wanted, no one knew what the sides were or what drinks were available, and no one bothered to even glance at the menu board until they got to the register.

I try not to be a huge complainer, but I have to add to the QS thing. The menu is on the wall. Please try to have some idea of what you want. I was behind a literal family reunion's worth of people once. No one knew what they wanted, no one knew what the sides were or what drinks were available, and no one bothered to even glance at the menu board until they got to the register.
In my family, we'd have it all written down for the cashier when we got up there. :) That's how we roll 11+ of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter