RANT ALERT Park Manners

Ranchfly

Earning My Ears
1. If your whole party isn't with you, don't get in line. Not for a ride, not for a bus, don't do it. There's nothing worse than having a party of one or two in front of you turn into an extended family of ten cutting in front of you in line. Not cool.

2. Yes your kids are in vacation, but don't let them run wild outside others room doors. Find a better place for them to expend their energy.

3. Don't get right up on me in line to enter the park, ride a ride or anywhere. Yes it's crowded, but a small amount of personal space is appreciated.

4. Be courteous on buses. Elderly, pregnant women, small children, people holding children, do the right thing, give them your seat. Yes you paid good money to go on this trip too, but doesn't it feel good to do what is right?

5. Don't stop in the middle of crowded walkways.

6. Don't walk at the pace of a snail 3 or more people wide.

Anyone have anything else to add!!??

It is annoying when people put their kids on their shoulders right in front of you during parades, castle show, fireworks etc. We have a 4 year old and we are both fairly tall people so we try to be considerate and not make ourselves into a 9 foot monster by propping our kid up on our shoulders. I saw SO many people doing this the last time we were at WDW. I can understand if you are at the back of the crowd trying to see a parade or something, but good grief. I saw one kid on someone shoulders that was so big it made me think maybe that's his wife instead of his daughter. Ha Ha

Just one to add to your excellent list - don't assume that you are the only one who paid a ton of money to have this vacation. You're surrounded by people in the same boat. Show some courtesy.

Know what you're going to order before you get to the CM in a CS restaurant. You're not that special because you're on the DDP -- anybody staying onsite can get that. If you can't make up your mind, kindly let other people pass you until you figure out what you want.

1. Sorry, but if we've been waiting in line for 30 minutes and suddenly my 2yo, 5yo, and 10yo have to use the bathroom and dh and grandma decide to take all 7 of the kids with us to the bathroom, while I hold our spot...then that's what we'll do. Now, of course, they won't be off running around the park while I wait in line, but there's no way for you to know that when they return from said bathroom venture. :confused3

2-6. Agreed!

7. Don't swizzle your way in front of my 5yo and 8yo at the parade, because there is a tiny space. Grrrrr...

Sometimes people dont know what they want at a cs because they have food allergies. Disney's policy is to stand in line and when you get to the cast member ask for a manager. You cant get one any earlier. So you get there and wait. And watch people give you mean looks. And the cm stops helping people on the side you are waiting on. And the looks get even meaner....but it is what you have to do so that you continue breathing. And the policy is crazy and the people around you inpatient...

Agree with OP.

Adding to that: Common courtesy....please.....thank you....excuse me.....good morning.....or even a simple sincere smile will go a long ways!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If eating in a CS, clean up after yourselves, and don't Lounge at tables, there are many people that would like to sit and eat as a family, if you just want to sit and talk, there are park benches for that. When a character shows up on the street, don't just run up in front of others, form a line. If your child is yelling and screaming not to ride something, don't force them too. Last one for now, don't get offended if you stop in a very busy area to take a cute picture of your kids, and I walk through your picture. If I see you, I will wait or go around, if I walk through, I did not see you, probably because it was a busy area which was a bad idea to take a picture in the first place.

Keep your voices down in a hotel room. Especially the kids. At AKL I had to call the front desk because the woman in the room next to use was yelling at her kids for being bad and I could hear everything plain as day. Few minutes later I heard security knocking on her door and then all was quiet.

Also don't stomp on the floors in the hotel there are others in the room below you.

Don't slam hotel doors especially when you come back late at night.

Don't smoke on your balcony because I will report you. Especially at AKL where there is a thatched roof below you that could catch fire!

And for goodness sake wash your hands after using the bathroom!

Please don't crash your strollers into my ankles it really hurts.
Agreed!! Strollers aren't meant to be battering rams to help you push through a crowd! And if you accidentally do ram the ankles of the person in front of you, just apologize. It goes a long way! :)

If I got my parade spot and am sitting down with no one in front of me, don't presume I'll be ok with you stepping out in front of me so you can see. That one kills me---I've had to speak up and use my voice several times over on this one. The funny thing is it's more of a problem with people that are older vs younger. One woman actually said too bad I'm not moving to which I said wanna bet? I had a park employee close by and snagged him --he then proceeded to tell this woman to either move it or they would be ejected from the park! Hahahaha.

It's late at night and everyone is tired... please, for the love of all that's holy, don't assume your kids are more tired than the rest of us waiting for that slow moving bus, then cut in front of everyone... and then not know how to collapse your stroller!:furious: I will cause bodily harm next time!

Don't yell at your kids in the parks so we can all hear. Yes, a kid having a temper tantrum is bad, but the parent having one is by far worse.

Cover your junk! I'm sure you feel your body is fabulous, but some of us don't need proof.

Yes, the strollers are cruel to ankles, but so are the Scooters. Please be mindful of where you are driving those bad boys. And please don't let kids have control... DD was ran into by a grandparent who thought it was cute to let grandson drive! :sad2:

Don't allow your children chase and kick the ducks. That's just in poor taste.

I'm always a bit torn on #3. I do agree it is nice if people offer up their seats to others if they chose to do so. But they should not be stared at or shamed into doing so. None of us know what is going on in the lives of the other guests on the bus. We have no way of knowing if that healthy looking man just had his knee replaced or had heart surgery.

I'm also torn because I think we all have the responsibility to see to the safety and well being of our own family members. If you have a family member who can't stand on a bus, then see to it that they don't. Wait for a bus with available seating, grab a taxi, or rent a car. Don't be careless with their safety and then get all mad when total strangers don't see to it for you.

My manner alert would be, please don't stop right at the top or bottom of the escalator. My last time at WDW so many people would step off of an escalator, and just stop dead in their tracks. Move to the side please!!! Don't cause a pile-up behind you!

I agree with 1 and 2 and 5 and 6.

I think the giving up the seat thing gets a little ishy. I'm not a jerk, but like everyone else, we walked tons of miles (15 at EPCOT and between 10 and 11 every other park day). I'm tired. My kids are tired. My husband is tired. We'd get up if it looked like someone really needed the seat, but I'm worn out too.

I'd rather wait an extra monorail or bus sometimes to be able to sit. That's an option for anyone.

Also, CM tell you to fill in all available space. If I crowd up next to you, I'm only doing what I'm told.

As a stroller user I would add. Please don't cut off a stroller and then stop suddenly and expect me not to bump you. I leave space in front of me so I can see when someone stops if you cut in line and stop don't blame me. (Same principle applies to freeway driving)

I've only been to WDW a few times and our last trip in Dec was our first big family trip. One thing we would sometimes get upset about is that we had been standing in line for a bus for over 20 min and, just as the next bus rolled up, someone with a scooter would get in the handicap section. They obviously have to let the scooters on first, but it would irk us when they would have a large family with them that would get right on with them and not do any waiting in line. This happened one morning we were trying to get to a park. Two people in the family had scooters and they had 8 very large family members with them. They literally took almost half of the bus and most of the line had to wait for another bus. I don't know...I'm torn about "etiquette" for this. I mean, I get wanting to stay with the family, but if it was me, I would either split the family so a couple went with those on scooters to help them out and everyone else stay in line or tell the driver we would wait in line and not to put our scooter family members on until we could all fairly get on the bus.

As for the strollers, YES, please don't run into people's heels! One time while leaving MK after fireworks (we know how crowded that is!), a woman behind me bumped me once in the heels with her stroller. I didn't say anything and assumed it was an accident. We were packed like sardines on Main St while we all inched along. Then the woman rammed me harder. I turned around and asked that she be more careful. She actually said to me, "Well, I'm in a rush to get out! I need everyone to move!" I told her she didn't pick a very good time to need to rush out and she needed to chill as we ALL were trying to get out....and her ramming into the back of me definitely wasn't going to make me go faster! :-/

1. If your whole party isn't with you, don't get in line. Not for a ride, not for a bus, don't do it. There's nothing worse than having a party of one or two in front of you turn into an extended family of ten cutting in front of you in line. Not cool.

2. Yes your kids are in vacation, but don't let them run wild outside others room doors. Find a better place for them to expend their energy.

3. Don't get right up on me in line to enter the park, ride a ride or anywhere. Yes it's crowded, but a small amount of personal space is appreciated.

4. Be courteous on buses. Elderly, pregnant women, small children, people holding children, do the right thing, give them your seat. Yes you paid good money to go on this trip too, but doesn't it feel good to do what is right?

5. Don't stop in the middle of crowded walkways.

6. Don't walk at the pace of a snail 3 or more people wide.

Anyone have anything else to add!!??

I got one...

Be considerate of the people around you during the night time shows especially if you're planning on recording the whole thing with your iPad/smartphone/tablet. Nothing ruins pictures more than a sea of brightly colored monitors!!!! I don't want my pictures that I'm taking with my camera to have your viewfinder in it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter