Rant about your favorite sports team thread

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Rant about your favorite sports team thread. Are you frustrated about your favorite team’s performance? Feel free to express yourself (within the Disboards limitations) here. I’ll go first. I’m frustrated that my favorite EPL team (Aston Villa) lost to Liverpool FC today 3-1. I am also disappointed that the NY Giants lost over the weekend as well.

Maddox is gone for the rest of the year and Johnson may not be back in the playoffs. This could spell trouble. Four turnovers against the Cowboys in Dallas. Ugh.

Hey, but I get to got to the game on New Years and watch them clinch the first seed. :smooth:

My teams are the Pistons, Tigers, Red Wings and Lions. They all dangle just enough hope in front of us to keep us believing that we might just manage to squeak a post-season in there somewhere. Then we erase that hope and start a new season.
Your city’s soccer team (USL Championship Detroit City FC) plays well though. They made the playoffs last season.

I'm an Oakland A's fan. They find some of the best talent, and trade them away where they often become superstars. And all the ownership worries about is getting a new stadium which they absolutely, positively don't need.

I'm a San Jose Sharks fan. Was used to them at least making the playoffs every year, so there was hope. It was crushed every year. One day we'll be back. Maybe with the Cup. See? Still have hope.

We The North are perplexed and dismayed by the Raptors over the past month or so. Explain to me a team that can beat Cleveland and Philadelphia but lose two straight to Orlando?!? :sad2: Blessedly though, they managed to end a six-game skid with a two-game run, just before the Christmas break.

Don’t let my DD19 see this or you’ll get an earful about her beloved Chicago Blackhawks.
She‘s very frustrated and if Patrick Kane leaves then she’ll lock herself in her room and cry for days - LOL! In all seriousness….she really is frustrated, but she’s loyal, so she’s doesn’t quit being a fan.

Can anyone top Philadelphia losing TWO championships on the VERY SAME DAY?!!!

Union soccer team lost to LA in the afternoon and the Phillies lost the World Series to the Astros that night.

It’s enough to make you want to throw snowballs at Santa!!!!

Another former Browns fan. Grew up in Cleveland, maintained my loyalty through 35 years living in Pittsburgh. However the hiring of Watson killed it. There are so many players of terrible personal actions in the NFL now, can’t justify supporting them.

My team is coached by a guy whose preferred offense is a metaphorical round hole and he doesn't care that his personnel are square pegs.

Not much of a rant, but it's best I not go there.

Last edited:
lol. Not a sports fan. But, I will watch the super bowl, sometimes, for a little bit. I don't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of it. But I just don't understand it. The games are sooooo expensive to attend. But, even if watching at home, the games cost a lot in time. I also don't understand why the players are so much more valuable than other members of society. Why is a sports star worth more than a teacher, nurse, fire fighter, police officer, soldier, sailor, or any other person who contributes positively to society? Heck, many of these sports stars are criminals for crying out loud. I don't get it. Still, you all can enjoy it. I will enjoy my stuff that you probably don't understand the appeal of.

My teams are the Pistons, Tigers, Red Wings and Lions. They all dangle just enough hope in front of us to keep us believing that we might just manage to squeak a post-season in there somewhere. Then we erase that hope and start a new season.
Another longasuffering Detroit fan here. It’s like the city only has enough talent for one actual team, but they have to split it amongst four.

Rant about your favorite sports team thread. Are you frustrated about your favorite team’s performance? Feel free to express yourself (within the Disboards limitations) here. I’ll go first. I’m frustrated that my favorite EPL team (Aston Villa) lost to Liverpool FC today 3-1. I am also disappointed that the NY Giants lost over the weekend as well.
Aston Villa was without Wild Man Martinez though so I wouldn't really count that as a terrible loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter