Random Max Pass Observations, Newbie Style

How new is maxpass? Has it been through a December holiday season yet? We will be in Irvine over Xmas week and toying with the Idea of going to Disney but we hate crowds.
We used MP for two days between Christmas and New Year's last year (the 28th and 29th - the 28th was the day after the Fantasyland power outage). It was our first experience with MP, and it was terrific. We didn't have park hoppers, and we did DCA the first day and DL the second to avoid EMH. For the two days, we experienced 38 attractions, using 17 FPs. Never waited longer than 20 minutes unless we CHOSE to (i.e. had some time to kill before our next FP and figured waiting 45 minutes for Soarin' was not a terrible use of time). However, by around 5:00, every attraction in DCA had run out of FPs. We still had several to use in the evening, but we were unable to book any more, and nobody cancelled any after that time. This happened in DL the following day, as well. By 8:30 at night, the only thing that still had available FPs was Splash because...December!

If someone in your party gets a fastpass for later in the day but leaves the park early, can you use it for someone else by scanning the ticket of the person who left on your app at the ride or is it photo-checked?

If someone in your party gets a fastpass for later in the day but leaves the park early, can you use it for someone else by scanning the ticket of the person who left on your app at the ride or is it photo-checked?
It’s not photo-checked. I’ll often book FP on my AP and my husband will use them.

We used MP for two days between Christmas and New Year's last year (the 28th and 29th - the 28th was the day after the Fantasyland power outage). It was our first experience with MP, and it was terrific. We didn't have park hoppers, and we did DCA the first day and DL the second to avoid EMH. For the two days, we experienced 38 attractions, using 17 FPs. Never waited longer than 20 minutes unless we CHOSE to (i.e. had some time to kill before our next FP and figured waiting 45 minutes for Soarin' was not a terrible use of time). However, by around 5:00, every attraction in DCA had run out of FPs. We still had several to use in the evening, but we were unable to book any more, and nobody cancelled any after that time. This happened in DL the following day, as well. By 8:30 at night, the only thing that still had available FPs was Splash because...December!
Thank you - gives us some food for thought. Just not sure it's worth stretching ourselves since we will have just been in WDW for early November. It's just that we are going to be in Irvine for 6 days visiting family and we are looking to do something fun with the kids, but all the parks will be packed, I'm sure. Silly question - will DCA be just as crowded as DL over xmas week? I could see us going there over DL since it's "similar" to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter