Random Max Pass Observations, Newbie Style

Hey! Just a quick question related to max passes. We got it today and tried to link our ride photo to our account and it still hasn’t showed up. Is that normal? We did it at 2:30 and it is how almost 8. It says it may take some time, but is this too much time? Hmm.

Did this for GOTG recently so we''d finally get all the versions. The CMs were looking at us like "you again"? when we kept going through the line. But we were getting off and getting right back on, as it was about 15-20 minutes from entrance to exit and a 40 minute standby. My poor legs though, after doing the upstairs 4 times in a row.
Oh I did the premiere party-10 times in a night! At the end I just started asking the CM to do the downstairs one and wait for the next room loading!

Hey! Just a quick question related to max passes. We got it today and tried to link our ride photo to our account and it still hasn’t showed up. Is that normal? We did it at 2:30 and it is how almost 8. It says it may take some time, but is this too much time? Hmm.
If it's not there after 24 hours, you can call the Photopass number and have them add it. Try adding it again manually before you do that, though, sometimes I've had to plug it in a couple of times for it to "take."

- Your Max Pass system COMPLETELY blows away the FP system at WDW. There is so much flexibility and I love not having to make reservations 60 days in advance. I mean really, who can know what ride they want to do two months from now? I don't even know what's for dinner tonight...

Honestly, I would like to see a combination of the two. We are WDW vets going again in November, but then also going to DL/DCA next June. For WDW we divide our parks into sections so we don't waste steps or backtrack. So knowing that we will be in the back side of a particular park at a particular time of day, give or take a half hour or so, is very helpful in planning your FPs. On the other hand, being limited and tiered is quite annoying. We also rely on Touring Plans as a valuable tool to help is maximize our day and create a plan for the day or days we will be there. As I learn more about MaxPass, I love that you can continue to book them in the park, but I feel that even with the app (and not because of kiosks in the parks) I would be running back and forth since timing it out seems troublesome-that you just take what the app gives you I'm terms of time, or if you do get one for later in the day, it hampers you in the meantime. A combo system would be nice where you can prebook a couple, either two or three, even just one actually, and then once in the park you can select more but only have a maximum number (five?) booked at a time. Idk. Something like that.

Honestly, I would like to see a combination of the two. We are WDW vets going again in November, but then also going to DL/DCA next June. For WDW we divide our parks into sections so we don't waste steps or backtrack. So knowing that we will be in the back side of a particular park at a particular time of day, give or take a half hour or so, is very helpful in planning your FPs. On the other hand, being limited and tiered is quite annoying. We also rely on Touring Plans as a valuable tool to help is maximize our day and create a plan for the day or days we will be there. As I learn more about MaxPass, I love that you can continue to book them in the park, but I feel that even with the app (and not because of kiosks in the parks) I would be running back and forth since timing it out seems troublesome-that you just take what the app gives you I'm terms of time, or if you do get one for later in the day, it hampers you in the meantime. A combo system would be nice where you can prebook a couple, either two or three, even just one actually, and then once in the park you can select more but only have a maximum number (five?) booked at a time. Idk. Something like that.
So, I use Maxpass heavily and still usually manage to "group" the rides. Part of that may be because I'm familiar with the system, but if you do plan things right, you can usually lump the nearby rides together.

One example that I've mentioned here before is that I almost always group the Tomorrowland rides together (Space, Star Tours, and Buzz) - I'll usually book Space Mountain first thing, then when that window opens, I'll book either Buzz or Star Tours (depending on how far out the times are and how soon I want to head to Tomorrowland). Since Buzz usually has a pretty nearly "immediate" return time in the morning, I'll either book it, head to Tomorrowland and scan in, and then book Star Tours (often using Star Tours next and booking my fourth FP of the day before I even ride Space), or else I'll book Star Tours, wait for that window to open, and then book Buzz and head over and use it so I can book my next one before I ride Star Tours and Space. (A lot of times, this only works because I know I can scan into Space up to 15 minutes after the FP window ends.)

It's a Small World and Matterhorn also pair nicely (along with Roger Rabbit, if you care to do it - You can usually book a nearly immediate Roger, scan in and book a nearly immediate IASW, scan in and book Matterhorn, and often you'll have less than 15 minutes pass between when you booked Roger and when you book Matterhorn!) Keep in mind you can scan in 5 minutes early, too.

Then I'll move onto Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion on the way to Splash Mountain... (we don't do Indiana Jones because my kiddo is too short, so that doesn't factor into my plans).

I'm not sure if that makes sense or is helpful... I realize it doesn't address the "hybrid" type of system that you're hoping for, but just mentioning that it can be worth trying to cluster nearby rides together for the sake of your feet!

If you posted this on Thursday, then yes - something is up with the photos. None I have entered today have come through. It was extremely busy so for now I am assuming backlog. I’m keeping my photos of the codes just in case and will renter them in the morning if they don’t push through.

Kind of a secret but refreshing the app to get the return time you want is your friend.
Create Party>Choose park> see attraction list>go back one screen and choose park to refresh attraction list.

May take a while but you can almost always get FP for the attraction you want even if the FP is shown as sold out.

Seems to actually work better when you have more APs in the park as they know about the secret and tend to Cancel FPs more often.

ME

Oh I did the premiere party-10 times in a night! At the end I just started asking the CM to do the downstairs one and wait for the next room loading!

I could have, but after years of being physically disabled, being able to stand for any period of time and do stairs is still a miracle to me. And no pain, just sore muscles the next day like any normal workout feeling. That, and stairs are great for the glutes and it was almost beach season at that point ;)

I've found that usually the photos are there within minutes, but I did have one occasion where the photos didn't show up until the next day.

Do any rides at DL other than Space Mtn and Indy ever run out before closing time?

Do any rides at DL other than Space Mtn and Indy ever run out before closing time?
Before closing time, yes, IF it's crowded...

The DL rides "popularity" is usually in this order: Space, IJ, Matterhorn/Star Tours (this varies), Splash if it's hot (although this rarely runs out for real because people stop booking it at night), Big Thunder... IASW, Buzz, HM, and RR usually stay pretty "immediate" unless it's very busy.

So like, right now, it's 6:30, and here's what's available at DL:
It's a Small World - 6:40-7:40
Buzz Lightyear - 6:40-7:40
Haunted Mansion - 6:40-7:40
Roger Rabbit - 7:00-8:00
Matterhorn 7:30-8:35
Big Thunder - 7:40-8:40
Indiana Jones - 8:40-9:40
Splash Mountain - 8:40-9:40 (Note that this one goes faster in hot weather)
Space Mountain - 10:10-11:10
Star Tours - 10:35-11:35 (Note that this is actually furthest time - did it shut down today, or is it running at partial capacity? This is weird.)

A few weeks ago, I was there at 10 on a Friday night, and Space, IJ, Star Tours, and I want to say Matterhorn were all out, and Splash was for 10:30-11:30.

Star Tours - 10:35-11:35 (Note that this is actually furthest time - did it shut down today, or is it running at partial capacity? This is weird.)

I've been checking the app periodically over the past week or so and have found this (Star Tours shown as later return times than Space) to be the case fairly often. Not sure why but it's not just today.

I've been checking the app periodically over the past week or so and have found this (Star Tours shown as later return times than Space) to be the case fairly often. Not sure why but it's not just today.

Star Tours has been selling out first for the past couple of weeks and that is mostly due to limiting FPs because some of the simulators have been down for rehab.

Rumor I'm hearing is they may be testing the next attraction after Star Wars Land has opened.

I'm guessing they're only using some of the theaters, then. I was screenshotting return times for late May and much of June, and Star Tours and Matterhorn were consistently pretty close to each other...

Star Tours has been selling out first for the past couple of weeks and that is mostly due to limiting FPs because some of the simulators have been down for rehab.

Rumor I'm hearing is they may be testing the next attraction after Star WarLs Landhas opened.
Ha, we posted at the same time, that makes sense!

Does this change for HM when it has the Halloween overlay? Or does it remain readily available throughout the day?
It's more popular then, but I'm not sure where it slots in, popularity-wise, because I didn't really start tracking times until the past few months.

The DL rides "popularity" is usually in this order: Space, IJ, Matterhorn/Star Tours (this varies), Splash if it's hot (although this rarely runs out for real because people stop booking it at night), Big Thunder... IASW, Buzz, HM, and RR usually stay pretty "immediate" unless it's very busy.

So like, right now, it's 6:30, and here's what's available at DL:
It's a Small World - 6:40-7:40
Buzz Lightyear - 6:40-7:40
Haunted Mansion - 6:40-7:40
Roger Rabbit - 7:00-8:00
Matterhorn 7:30-8:35
Big Thunder - 7:40-8:40
Indiana Jones - 8:40-9:40
Splash Mountain - 8:40-9:40 (Note that this one goes faster in hot weather)

A few weeks ago, I was there at 10 on a Friday night, and Space, IJ, Star Tours, and I want to say Matterhorn were all out, and Splash was for 10:30-11:30.

So on the day we are going to be there Matterhorn and WOC are going to be down. Should I expect MP availability at DL to decrease? Also with WOC not running should I see shorter wait times in the last 3-4 hours before closing at DL and/or DCA?

Don't skip Peter Pan just because it's also at WDW. DLs Peter Pan is WAY better. Do it at night, after fireworks. Line will be about 20-25 min at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter