Ramada Inn Maingate or Red Roof Inn...

hlane

<font color=purple>I find it very offensive that I
I feel like I know a lot about WDW and now that we're looking at switching to DL I am lost!! I am confused about the whole transporation issue. We have the hotel narrowed down to Ramanda Inn Maingate or Red Roof Inn due to cost, EVERY penny counts. Please give me your opinion on each and tell me about transportation to & from the parks. I don't really understand the whole ART thing but it looks like it's not an option if we stay at Ramada???? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Hmmm... I need the same info about ART for my family.

I need to find the cheapest hotel on Harbor Blvd!! For 2 Adults, May 7 thru 12, 2006.

I've been searching but it seems everything is $100. or more and I need a $65. room close to DL so I'll be able to ride my offsite rental scooter[no car to put it in] to the parks.

Having been to both WDW and Disneyland, the transport is so much easier at Disneyland with the parks being next to each other and the hotels so close to the parks.
Transport at WDW is awful and for that reason we would never go again, the parks are within walking distance at Disneyland.We stayed at the Radisson Maingate which was very nice and cheap. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Orange County which was a beautiful hotel about 1 mile from Disneyland, but more expensive.
Have you looked at the price of Best Western Stovalls or Tropicana?
Love Ella

Ramada Inn is closer than the Red Roof Inn. We walked from Red Roof Inn and it was about a 10 minute walk. There really isn't any need for a shuttle from Ramada as it is right across the street.

I have rented a room for a day at Red Roof Inn, and was able to briefly see a room in the Ramada Inn. I would choose Ramada over Red Roof. Red Roof wasn't bad, but I defiitely like Ramada better. The rooms seemd a little nicer and its closer.

tink2dw said:
Hmmm... I need the same info about ART for my family.

I need to find the cheapest hotel on Harbor Blvd!! For 2 Adults, May 7 thru 12, 2006.

I've been searching but it seems everything is $100. or more and I need a $65. room close to DL so I'll be able to ride my offsite rental scooter[no car to put it in] to the parks.

Everything is so expensive right now due to the 50th! The old supply and demand thing I guess. I looked on Expedia recently and it seemed the cheapest places near Disneyland were the Park Vue and the Super 8. The Park Vue is right across the street so you could definitely ride your scooter back and forth. There are a couple of Super 8's one is "one" block away and the other "two". However that might be a lot further in all actuality as a block can mean many things. I have not stayed at any of those but you might do a search on this board and tripadvisor.com and see some reviews. Also, call the hotels directly and explain your scooter situation and make sure they are really that close. Good luck!

We recently stayed next door to the Ramada Maingate and I would definately stay again at something near there. It was so nice to simply cross the street to Disneyland. We were able to return to the hotel for naps on two days and even to grab lunch. Also after a long day at the park it is so nice to be back to the hotel quickly.

Some hotels say "across the street" or "one block away" but I recommend looking at a map and comparing the hotel location to the entrance to Disneyland. If you have to trek all the way around the park it's a long walk.

laura&fam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter