Raise your hand if you're going to the Land of the Mouse in June 2012

DH and I will be there June 20-27. I'm attending the American Library Association's Annual Conference, but we're also making this a vacation trip. We're staying at VGC, our first stay there as DVC members. Anybody else going to ALA?

MrInfo and I will be there as well! We're staying an extra few days as MrInfo has never been to Disneyland. We're really looking forward to seeing Cars Land.

Hi MsInfo! Love your screen name! :thumbsup2 I hope you and your DH enjoy DL as much as we do. This will be my 4th visit and DH's 3rd. We're veteran WDW visitors and DVC owners, but we think DLR is really special.

What kind of library do you work in? I'm a (retired) school librarian, now doing consulting work. I'll be presenting on Sunday morning. Hope you have a good conference AND vacation! pixiedust:

DL calendars doesn't have any MM listed, is that right?

It's possibly your browser does not support that part of the webpage. There are MMs on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday during that period as is normal.

We will be surprising our kids with a trip there from June 15-19
We are ending a long road trip with it!!:cool1:

Does anyone know or think that room discounts will be continued to these dates?

I see that it ends on the 9th, I think.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hi MsInfo! Love your screen name! :thumbsup2 I hope you and your DH enjoy DL as much as we do. This will be my 4th visit and DH's 3rd. We're veteran WDW visitors and DVC owners, but we think DLR is really special.

What kind of library do you work in? I'm a (retired) school librarian, now doing consulting work. I'll be presenting on Sunday morning. Hope you have a good conference AND vacation! pixiedust:

We both work in an academic library, but the Mr. is a tech guy instead of a librarian. I'll be working hard at the conference while poor DH will just have to entertain himself at DL and DCA. :)

I've been to DL only once before, at the last ALA in Anaheim. Loved it! We just bought into the DVC last year and are really enjoying it.

Good luck on your presentation!

Okay! Thanks for the Priceline tips. I finally won a bid, and we are officially going to DLR in June! /fistpump

Anyway, we will be there from 6/7-6/10 in the Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort. :woohoo:

We decided to brave the crowds and do the week after the opening of Cars Land. Too excited not to go right away. Surprising our son with a road trip to the sunny beaches of Orange County (where we will be hanging out all day the day before Disneyland). That's all he gets to know until our friends fly in that night and we give both kids their Disney gift cards!

MrsLincoln and I have expanded our stay to June 2-8 at the Super 8 on Katella.

For my birthday, I would really like to surprise her with one night at the end of the trip (6/8-9) at the Grand Californian, but not much luck so far.

We're AP holders, and the base rate for that night is still $391. I've put some feelers out on the DVC forums about renting a studio villa for that night, but so far, no luck.

Any Disney brothers who can spare not a dime, but 20 DVC points? :wizard:

ValpoCory, this shout-out goes to you. :goodvibes

I'll be at Disneyland from June 20 - 30. MrInfo and I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

Wow, a nice long trip in two fantastic hotels! I'm sure our DHs will find plenty to keep themselves occupied while we're conferencing! :cool1:

Okay! Thanks for the Priceline tips. I finally won a bid, and we are officially going to DLR in June! /fistpump

Anyway, we will be there from 6/7-6/10 in the Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort. :woohoo:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your winning bid price?

If you don't mind me asking, what was your winning bid price?

I don't mind... we chose a 3* hotel in both the Anaheim North and Anaheim South areas, and after being rejected for $50 (hey, a little girl can dream!), $59, and $62, we won at $65. And this place doesn't have parking fees, though it is about a mile and a half from the park entrance. Haven't decided yet if we'll take ART or drive.

I don't mind... we chose a 3* hotel in both the Anaheim North and Anaheim South areas, and after being rejected for $50 (hey, a little girl can dream!), $59, and $62, we won at $65. And this place doesn't have parking fees, though it is about a mile and a half from the park entrance. Haven't decided yet if we'll take ART or drive.

Unless you have an AP with parking, I'd take ART. It's only $4/day I believe. Oh, and fantasit deal on the hotel ;)

Unless you have an AP with parking, I'd take ART. It's only $4/day I believe. Oh, and fantasit deal on the hotel ;)

Thanks! And yes, I think we're getting the PAP this year because we're going on 6/8, blocked out for every other AP. I'm concerned about ART because some people have claimed bad service from this hotel, waiting 45-60 minutes for pickup. Others have said they never waited longer than 5-10 minutes going or coming, so I don't know.

Thanks! And yes, I think we're getting the PAP this year because we're going on 6/8, blocked out for every other AP. I'm concerned about ART because some people have claimed bad service from this hotel, waiting 45-60 minutes for pickup. Others have said they never waited longer than 5-10 minutes going or coming, so I don't know.

Most of the time our family has had real bad luck with ART, one of the reasons we stay as close as we can afford. The take unannounced breaks and lunches and they do have break downs, when we stayed at RI Maingate, I could make it to the park quicker by walking than waiting for ART,if they are full they will drive right by...I choose to walk.

Jack

Most of the time our family has had real bad luck with ART, one of the reasons we stay as close as we can afford. The take unannounced breaks and lunches and they do have break downs, when we stayed at RI Maingate, I could make it to the park quicker by walking than waiting for ART,if they are full they will drive right by...I choose to walk.

Jack

I must be one of the fortunate ones. I've never waited more than 15 minutes for a shuttle. in the mornings and evenings there were two shuttles per route to compinsate for the higher traffic.

Raising my hand for June :)

2nd thru the 5th at HoJo's. Going with my daughter and 3 grands 3.4.7 Hope to have a blast. We are getting AP's and will return Oct 21st through 25th hopefully for a halloween party :). Also hoping for our first DLH stay in late Jan/Feb if we can swing the rate.

Last day of May!! I know some of us have already left, hope you guys have a fun trip. Don't let the Grad Nite-ers trample your style or allow them to ruin your good time. They're just kids, even though some of them don't have manners.

Maybe some of our early tripers will stop in and give mini reports about their trip:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter