Rainforest Room price increase??

I saw a comment about open showers. There are private showers in the spa changing rooms if you want to get clean. The rainforest showers are where you are supposed to wear a bathing suit and just enjoy the experience of the water jets like the hot tub.
I think most people know this about the showers in the changing rooms, however as for the rainforest showers, it's the point where a second person tries to get under that shower head with you that it becomes uncomfortable. I've had this happen several times. Just because they are not private enclosed showers doesn't mean they are meant for two. I don't want to get that close to some stranger even if they are wearing a bathing suit. Since there are so few of them and there can be a lot of people it becomes a courtesy thing and some don't understand the concept of personal space.

I think most people know this about the showers in the changing rooms, however as for the rainforest showers, it's the point where a second person tries to get under that shower head with you that it becomes uncomfortable. I've had this happen several times. Just because they are not private enclosed showers doesn't mean they are meant for two. I don't want to get that close to some stranger even if they are wearing a bathing suit. Since there are so few of them and there can be a lot of people it becomes a courtesy thing and some don't understand the concept of personal space.

That's hardly a fault with the rainforest room itself--that's like saying DCL character meet and greets are terrible because the lines are out in the open and someone might try to cut in line ahead of you--people behaving badly is just something you have to speak up and deal with everywhere. All you have to do is say, excuse me, these showers are for one person at a time. If they made the shower private, no doubt people would go do full showers in there and then it would be terribly inefficient since we have to wait for people to undress/dress, soap and shampoo etc.

Can anyone confirm the SINGLE price for a 7 day Fantasy cruise. I really enjoy the Rain Forest room, but DH would never go. Noone else in out party would be interested in more than a day or two.
Do I understand correctly, you can not purchase single days on the ship?

That's hardly a fault with the rainforest room itself--that's like saying DCL character meet and greets are terrible because the lines are out in the open and someone might try to cut in line ahead of you--people behaving badly is just something you have to speak up and deal with everywhere. All you have to do is say, excuse me, these showers are for one person at a time. If they made the shower private, no doubt people would go do full showers in there and then it would be terribly inefficient since we have to wait for people to undress/dress, soap and shampoo etc.
I don't think I said it was a fault with the rainforest room itself. I think I said I found it uncomfortable when people decide they are meant for two which is completely different. I also know I can say excuse me but I would rather not be put in the position where I need to confront someone about that.
As I posted earlier, this is all JMO and I know others feel differently. That's okay, we don't all like the same things.

Can anyone confirm the SINGLE price for a 7 day Fantasy cruise. I really enjoy the Rain Forest room, but DH would never go. Noone else in out party would be interested in more than a day or two.
I think it's something like $34 now.

I will say that it does make me chuckle what people find worth it and not worth it. I am paying over $4000 for my cruise with my son, if I want to go to the rainforest rainforest, a $15-20 difference in price is not going to stop me from going to the rainforest room. I understand it is a large percentage and I also understand that if you don't like it very much it's not worth it. I LOVED the tile loungers and the hot tub on the Dream and I bought 5 1-day passes before the price increase for my upcoming Fantasy cruise. I don't even care if I don't use them all as they are less expensive than the 7 day pass and I can come and go as I please. Under the new prices i just would have bought 3 days (for the 3 sea days only) and still saved some money... but I figure I may go on port days too and compared to the length of cruise pass, it's a savings and all I will realistically do.

Correct: the single-day rainforest pass ($34) can only be purchased by calling DCL in advance of the cruise. You may purchase multiple single-day passes.

Once onboard the ship (but not in advance), you may purchase a length-of-cruise rainforest pass. The cost of he length-of-cruise pass on for a recent 7-day Fantasy cruise (August 31) for a single person was $129 (the couples cost was $229), meaning you would save money if you use the rainforest room for 4 or more days as opposed to purchasing day-passes in advance.

Just home from the Fantasy - the couples pass is 229 + gratuity = $270.22. And you NO LONGER GET SCRUBS INCLUDED. We did not notice this when we purchased it from the table outside of Enchanted Garden where they were selling the cruise-length packages - we saw the price increase, but not the fact they no longer include the scrubs.

First day we went to use the week-long pass we bought and they told us no scrubs - unless we wanted to pay another $15 per person (plus 18% gratuity, of course) and it would be 1 container of scrub (versus fresh scrubs provided on every visit). We asked the manger to refund our pass (luckily she did so without a fight).

So basically they increased the cost to a crazy amount AND took away a perk and added nothing new. Very upsetting and frustrating as we were really looking forward to making use of the couples pass.

They did tell us you don't have to buy the single-day passes in advance anymore - you can buy them on ship at the same staggering price ($29 plus gratuity = $34.22 per day per person - WITH NO SCRUB).

I wonder if they have seen a drop in the number of passes sold now or if they have possibly not? Just sounds like another pay more get less with Disney now.

Wow - that's a big price hike. We sail over Christmas on the Fantasy. Not sure what we will do - usually get the couples length of cruise pass. The only thing I can hope is that it will keep out the loud and obnoxious on sea days (wishful thinking, I know).

Yes--basically if you each use it on 3 days you've have paid the cost of the single day pass for those days. It used to be the single day pass was a better value unless you went pretty much every day, so I expect the price increase is to encourage more people to use the full-cruise pass for the rainforest room. That said, I personally can't imagine using it for more than one or two days: how many misty showers does a person need after all?" especially when the quiet cove pool/hot tub and satellite falls are free, but that's just me.

Another vote for using it some everyday. I liked the saunas and the different showers. We also found times to go when the hot tub would be open and two of the loungers were free. I will say that since the shows were repeats for us, that was the time period we most used the rainforest room. This wouldn't be an option for many cruisers who hadn't seen the shows before.

I'm suffering from as much sticker shock as everyone, but I have to say I'm surprised at people's negative experiences in the Rainforest. We must have been really lucky because it's always been quiet and the only thing we've really had to wait for was the couches.

Micheal Kay said to go to the RR in the morning on port days, I believe. There was pretty much no one in there when he did his vlog. The $34 does seem high for a shower and just to relax. I would think I could do that in my stateroom and on my balcony maybe? And what is the gratuity for? Who are you tipping and for what?

We were on the Magic in October and my wife in-the-past, has usually purchased a Rainforest Pass pre-cruise to save some money, but also because she likes it enough to pay the modestly discounted price.

Because of the $$increase, she "passed on the pass. There are other ways to spend/enjoy one's time and money.

Sorry I’m a bit confused-

I’m going on the fantasy- can I buy a day pass for the rainforest room before getting to the ship If I call DCL?

or can I buy a day pass on the ship - I won’t be going more than once?
thanks

Sorry I’m a bit confused-

I’m going on the fantasy- can I buy a day pass for the rainforest room before getting to the ship If I call DCL?

or can I buy a day pass on the ship - I won’t be going more than once?
thanks
If you only want a single day pass, you may, as of now, buy one on line. Length of cruise passes must be purchased on board, at least for the time being.

If you only want a single day pass, you may, as of now, buy one on line. Length of cruise passes must be purchased on board, at least for the time being.
Thanks fo you have to wait till your booking opens up eg 120 days out? I have looked on the gift section and couldn’t find it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter