Rainforest Room price increase??

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
I understand the price for one day pass has increased to $34.
We are cruising 7 days on the Fantasy in December.
I called DCL to ask about a length of cruise pass. I was told they did not have prices except for 1 day and confirmed the price increase.
Was told I would need to check at the Spa after boarding for price for entire cruise.
They could not give the price and stated it could only be paid on board. No prepayment.

Do any recent cruisers have this information? If not, would someone cruising in the near future be willing to check and report back?

From the navigator of the June 15 2019 sailing of the Fantasy, c/o the "Disney CruiseLine Blog" unofficial blog website: $193 couple / $144 single

ETA: 7 night sailing

Last edited:
Was that a 7 day sailing?

If so, $193 a week for a couple....

Yes--basically if you each use it on 3 days you've have paid the cost of the single day pass for those days. It used to be the single day pass was a better value unless you went pretty much every day, so I expect the price increase is to encourage more people to use the full-cruise pass for the rainforest room. That said, I personally can't imagine using it for more than one or two days: how many misty showers does a person need after all?" especially when the quiet cove pool/hot tub and satellite falls are free, but that's just me.

From the navigator of the June 15 2019 sailing of the Fantasy, c/o the "Disney CruiseLine Blog" unofficial blog website: $193 couple / $144 single

View attachment 418532
the price increase on single day passes happened first week of July and no one has reported about whether it increased on the ship as well - this pricing is pre-increase so I would not count on it as other treatments have been reported to have increased.

Just off Fantasy. Week couooes pass is now $229 ($270
I called DCL to ask about a length of cruise pass. I was told they did not have prices except for 1 day and confirmed the price increase.
Was told I would need to check at the Spa after boarding for price for entire cruise.
They could not give the price and stated it could only be paid on board. No prepayment.

Do any recent cruisers have this information? If not, would someone cruising in the near future be willing to check and report back?
the price increase on single day passes happened first week of July and no one has reported about whether it increased on the ship as well - this pricing is pre-increase so I would not count on it as other treatments have been reported to have increased.
Just off Fantasy and couples week long pass is $229 ($270 with gratuiry)

Jua

Just off Fantasy and 7 day length of cruise couples pass is now$229 ($270 w gratuity)

Just off Fantasy. Week couooes pass is now $229 ($270

Just off Fantasy and couples week long pass is $229 ($270 with gratuiry)

Jua

Just off Fantasy and 7 day length of cruise couples pass is now$229 ($270 w gratuity)
Do you know how much individual is?

Yes--basically if you each use it on 3 days you've have paid the cost of the single day pass for those days. It used to be the single day pass was a better value unless you went pretty much every day, so I expect the price increase is to encourage more people to use the full-cruise pass for the rainforest room. That said, I personally can't imagine using it for more than one or two days: how many misty showers does a person need after all?" especially when the quiet cove pool/hot tub and satellite falls are free, but that's just me.

I have previously gotten the length of cruise pass on multiple cruises on the Dream and Fantasy and used it each day. I don't use the showers or sauna at all, only the loungers and sometimes the hot tub.

SW

Quick question. Still debating if I wanna pay for this daily price increase. Can you pay for one on the ship? Or can you only do the daily pass through the gifts website thing?

Quick question. Still debating if I wanna pay for this daily price increase. Can you pay for one on the ship? Or can you only do the daily pass through the gifts website thing?
Neither. You cannot buy a day pass on the ship--only length of cruise pass. And you cannot buy it through the gifts website--only by calling DCL reservations on the phone. They sure don't make it easy :(

That’s nuts, it is basically the same daily price as the day pass.
it is but that's the couples price, so it's half the price of the day pass for couples. I am curious what it is for individuals but mostly just curious as I bought 5 day passes for myself at the old price (for a 7 night cruise, figuring I would not use it on CC day or embarkation day.) The old price was $193 so $220 is not a HUGE increase for the couple's pass - it's about in line with recent spa price hikes. It's certainly nowhere near double like the day pass was. With gratuity is it less than $20pp per day.

Last edited:
Length of Cruise Passes:

So Scott of DCL Blog posted his 9 night Alaskan cruise Navigators (July 8-16, 2019), and I see that the singles pass for 9 days is $199.42 ($22.16 per night); the couples pass is $341.02 ($37.89 per night per couple, or $18.95 per night per person)

By way of comparison, on the 13 night May 2019 EBTA, the singles pass was $229 ($17.62 per night) and the couples pass was $340 ($26.15 per night per couple, or $13.08 per night per person).

On the 14 night WBPC in Feb 2019, the singles pass was $249 ($17.79 per night) and the couples pass was $345 ($24.64 per night per couple or $12.32 per night per person).

On the 11 night WBTA in 2018, the singles pass was $210 ($19.09 per person) and the couples pass was $311 ($28.18 per night per couple or $14.09 per night per person).

Bumping to see if people think this is worth it with the price increase? I have never Disney cruised but was interested in this when I first heard of it.

Bumping to see if people think this is worth it with the price increase? I have never Disney cruised but was interested in this when I first heard of it.
Myself, I would not pay the new price. Really, its a sauna, a bunch of showers (I'm thinking 4 of them but its been a while) that are not enclosed for privacy (rounded wall) pretty much out in the open, 10 (?) hot stone lounge chairs (again, not totally sure of the number), and a hot tub that isn't the best. Not a huge area and it can get crowded. It was barely worth the cost, IMO, when it was the old fee. I'm certainly not paying the new fee. Anytime I have used it there have been loud people who come and go and not the most relaxing time.
JMO, I'm sure there are lots who will think it is worth the new cost so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

The Magic and Wonder have 2 saunas (dry and wet), 3 open showers (Rain Shower, Tropical Thunder, Cold Fog), only 5 heated hard stone loungers, and is situated completely inside (whereas the Fantasy and Dream loungers face windows). As tinkerone said, it gets very crowded and can get noisy. People are always waiting to snag a lounger. We've always bought several 1-day passes for each cruise, but now it's definitely not worth it at the new price.

I bought a day pass for our next Fantasy cruise. I wouldn't need a length of cruise pass but one visit per cruise is nice when sailing Dream class. I wouldn't bother on a classic ship because of the lack of a view. I'm careful to go at one of the least likely times of the cruise to be crowded. When you're alone or almost alone there, it is very nice to relax on a hot lounger, and soak in a hot tub while gazing out to sea.

I liked it enough to pay the new prices. I’ve paid more at all inclusive non disney resorts for a day pass to their spa—I just really enjoy the sauna, steam room and misty showers. I have always gone on a port day and found it very quiet with plenty of loungers and empty hot tubs. I saw a comment about open showers. There are private showers in the spa changing rooms if you want to get clean. The rainforest showers are where you are supposed to wear a bathing suit and just enjoy the experience of the water jets like the hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter