Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate carmel bark? I read about it on this thread but there was no recipe...I would love to try it!

Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate carmel bark? I read about it on this thread but there was no recipe...I would love to try it!

I think that was from me!! I have the recipe but I have never made it so was hoping to make it before I post the recipe but I am willing to post it and let someone else guinea pig it for me. :-D

1 pkg. (8 squares) Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup Planters cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
1 Tbsp. water

Microwave chocolate in medium microwavable bowl on high 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until choc. is completely melted. Add peanuts. Spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
Microwave caramel bits and water in small bowl 1 min.; stir until bits are completely melted. Drizzle over chocolate; swirl with toothpick to marbleize.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into pieces to serve. Makes 16 servings, one piece each.

**If anyone makes this, please let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to make some for Christmas treats which means they would be out of the fridge for at least 3 hours and I would like to know how they hold up. Thanks!

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but here is a recipe for
peanut butter chocolate fudge that melts in your mouth. It is quick and easy.

1 lb chocolate melt wafers (either dark chocolate or milk)
1 lb white chocolate melt wafers
one jar of the least expensive peanut butter you can find (name brands don't work as well) I use the Sam's club brand

place all the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for three minutes. Stir well, pour in a cake pan and allow to set.

subbing- all these awesome recipes you all have taken the time to post and compile! You girls/guys rock!:thumbsup2 Thanks! You just made my holidays so much easier!

Thanks for all the great recipes! I can't wait to try them out this holiday season. Now if it would just hurry up and get here! :thumbsup2

Subbing to this as there are sooo many yummy but simple recipes and the Grandkids want to bake cookies this year!!

I think that was from me!! I have the recipe but I have never made it so was hoping to make it before I post the recipe but I am willing to post it and let someone else guinea pig it for me. :-D

1 Tbsp. water

Microwave chocolate in medium microwavable bowl on high 2 min., stirring after 1 min. Stir until choc. is completely melted. Add peanuts. Spread onto waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
Microwave caramel bits and water in small bowl 1 min.; stir until bits are completely melted. Drizzle over chocolate; swirl with toothpick to marbleize.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into pieces to serve. Makes 16 servings, one piece each.

**If anyone makes this, please let me know how it turns out. I am hoping to make some for Christmas treats which means they would be out of the fridge for at least 3 hours and I would like to know how they hold up. Thanks!

Thank you so much...I will try them this weekend and let you know!

1 Tbsp. water

One question...do you crush the peanuts or leave whole?

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but here is a recipe for
peanut butter chocolate fudge that melts in your mouth. It is quick and easy.

1 lb chocolate melt wafers (either dark chocolate or milk)
1 lb white chocolate melt wafers
one jar of the least expensive peanut butter you can find (name brands don't work as well) I use the Sam's club brand

place all the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for three minutes. Stir well, pour in a cake pan and allow to set.

Do you think this would work with natural peanut butter - you know, the kind that separates and you have to stir it? TIA!

Butterfly Jen - I do not know the answer to your question, sorry. I have had friends try the recipe using Jif and the results just weren't the same. I love Jif, but it doesn't work for this recipe. You can try it and see how it turns out.

Just made a "Gooey Butter Pumpkin Cake" this weekend as a trial for Thanksgiving. Tasty, definitely gooey, oh-so-simple but waaaaay rich!! Here's the recipe, courtesy of Ms. Paula Deen.

Ingredients
Cake:

* 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
* 1 egg
* 8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:

* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 8 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream. (I didn't do this.)

Variations: For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

Has anyone found boxes of Frosting Mix at their local grocery store? I was so looking to try this recipe, but all of our stores (including Wal-mart) only have the ready to spread frosting.

Jiffy makes boxed frosting. The box is small and the stores here usually have them on the bottom shelf with their other items. The boxes are small so you may have missed them. Hope this helps.
Here is the link http://www.jiffymix.com/mixes.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter