Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

When I made them they did stick to me, and I did have them in the fridge before I formed them into balls. I don't have latex gloves laying around the house, so I put sandwich baggies on my hands and used those as gloves. Really helped!!!

That's what I had my girls do when we were making Rice Krispie Treats -- and I gave them a spritz with cooking spray. Worked like a charm!

I just made the pretzel wreaths, these have become a tradition over the last couple of years, my dh loves them, so do my kids, thank you so much to whoever posted this recipe:)

Our family likes them also but I had forgotten to make them until today. I had to go to the store to get the Hershey hugs and they were out of them. They had some Candy Cane kisses so I grabbed those. They taste great!

Just made these tonight and thought about this thread. It was quick, easy and yummy:

Rocky Road – Peanut Butter Candy Cups

11 oz pkg peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
2T creamy peanut butter
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 cup miniature marshmallows
¾ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped

Microwave peanut butter and milk chocolate chips in a large glass bowl on high for one to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.

Stir in rice cereal, marshmallows and chopped peanuts. Spoon mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls evenly into miniature paper candy cups. Chill one hour or until firm. Makes about 3 dozen.

Just made these tonight and thought about this thread. It was quick, easy and yummy:

2T creamy peanut butter
1 cup crispy rice cereal

Microwave peanut butter and milk chocolate chips in a large glass bowl on high for one to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.

Stir in rice cereal, marshmallows and chopped peanuts. Spoon mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls evenly into miniature paper candy cups. Chill one hour or until firm. Makes about 3 dozen.

Great start for this year! :santa:I loved this thread last year!

2T creamy peanut butter
1 cup crispy rice cereal

Yum! I am happy to see this thread start moving again already. It's so helpful!

I love this thread too! I have made many people happy with the recipes shared here!

Ya, I know it's a few months away but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead, right? I think next time I make those I will try semi sweet chocolate. Nothing wrong with the PB & milk chocolate, though.

Since I found the thread a few years ago, I've made treat baskets at Christmas every year.

Here is the recipe:

(3) 6 Oz packages premium white chocolate (18 ozs)
1 4 oz can Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries

1. Over low heat, melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Remove from heat; stir in cherries. Spread into foil lined 8 or 9 inch pan

2. Chill 2 hours or until firm

3. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.

Everbody always seems to love this fudge!

Here's a recipe that I got from another DIS'er who got it from a blog. It's for the yummiest, easiest caramel popcorn ever!!!

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn

1 3.3 oz. popped kettle corn, unpopped kernels removed
1 C. dry roasted peanuts
2 C. unwrapped pumpkin spice kisses
6 Tbsp. butter
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. corn syrup
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place popcorn and nuts on a large rimmed baking sheet that has been lightly coated with non stick spray.

Place all other ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn. Gently stir to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces.

If you can't find the pumpkin spice kisses, you can substitute a cup of butterscotch chips. You could also add some pumpkin pie spice to taste.

I can't wait to try this with the chocolate mint kisses that come out at Christmas time. I also want to try it with the cherry cordial kisses. This is so yummy and so easy!

Chocolate Brickle

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (not margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1 package saltine crackers
4 cups chocolate chips
1 cup crispy rice cereal (optional)
1 cup nuts, chopped
Multi-colored sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 x 18 x 1-inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spread crackers side by side, one layer thick. Fold up sides of foil to the edge of the crackers to keep them in place.

Combine brown sugar and butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to boil for 3 minutes. Carefully pour boiling sugar and butter mixture over crackers and not breaking them. Spread to cover evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.

Remove from oven and let rest about 5 minutes.

In an micro-proof glass bowl, melt chocolate chips by cooking on high for about three minutes, stirring at one minute intervals, or until melted (or use a double boiler). Gently fold in rice cereal. Spread chocolate mix evenly over the top of the brickle cracker layer. Sprinkle with nuts and multi-colored sprinkles (you can use Christmas colors to make it festive). Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 hours.

Break into pieces and store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

Yield: about 2 pounds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!