• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Oh my this thread looks incredible. I love Christmas treats - it is a huge production in our home to do our Christmas baking :) I can't wait til I have some time to read through this thread. Thanks to all who have brought it back up!

I just glanced through the thread so I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

I take this dessert everywhere. It is so easy to make and very delicious. I've even been proposed to because of it (unfortunately, I am already married). :rotfl:

Bake one plain brownie and let it cool. Make 2-3 boxes of instant chocolate pudding (I typically only need 2).

Layer them in a triffle bowl (about $10 at Walmart or Target) or a deep dish. Put a layer of crumbled brownie, a layer of pudding, 1/3 of a cool whip and 1/3 of a package of toffee chips (Heath or whatever). Do these layers three times.

It is delicious.

merekc said:
Death by Chocolate Triffle

I take this dessert everywhere. It is so easy to make and very delicious. I've even been proposed to because of it (unfortunately, I am already married). :rotfl:

Bake one plain brownie and let it cool. Make 2-3 boxes of instant chocolate pudding (I typically only need 2).

Layer them in a triffle bowl (about $10 at Walmart or Target) or a deep dish. Put a layer of crumbled brownie, a layer of pudding, 1/3 of a cool whip and 1/3 of a package of toffee chips (Heath or whatever). Do these layers three times.

It is delicious.

I'd say this is appropriately named! Death by Chocolate Triffle It sounds yummy. :goodvibes

As raspberry chocolate trifle is one of my favorite desserts, I'd add a layer of raspberry preserves! :banana:

Also, I just discovered canned pie fillings, so any flavor would make a great layer for those who want an added layer of fruit. :thumbsup2

Chili and Cheese dip
Spread 1 8oz package of cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x8 cake pan.
Spread 1 can of Hormel chili on the top
Sprinkle shredded chedder chhes over that and bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted...I think about 15 minutes.
Dip tortilla chips into this and enjoy.

I take this one step further. I mix 1 packet of taco seasoning into the cream cheese before spreading it on a platter. I always have these ingredients on hand in case of impromptu get-togethers!! YUM!!

We love making peppermint bark and then substituting the bark for chocolate chips in cookies. DECADENT and easy!

I am really enjoying all of these ideas! :wizard: I like to take pretzel rods and dip in white choc. bark about 2/3 way up and roll in red and green sugars or crushed peppermints! They are pretty and festive! :rotfl: I have also dipped in choc. and rolled in nuts! Both ways are really good! :banana:

someone was asking for punch recipes (ok, so they were asking last December and here it is Sept, but better late than never!!).

equal parts sprite and white grape juice, then add a colored juice to make it pretty. We use this regularly, cran-apple makes a beautiful blush colored punch (movie quote: "My colors are blush and bashful."), but you could also use blue kool-aid for a baby boy shower.

Also, for crafty people, peanut butter cup Christmas Trees are super easy.

The bottom of the tree is a wrapped Rolo, topped with 3 upside down wrapped mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, topped with one right side up wrapped Kiss - just use a little glue to hold them all together.

(just thinking aloud here: you could probably unwrap everything and use chocolate to hold them together, then 'decorate' with colored melted chocolate, sprinkles, etc. But I haven't ever tried it...)

OK - I'm about to break out the Christmas music!!!!

I just love this thread. I am starting to get excited for Christmas ;) Especially since almost all of my shopping is already done!!! :Pinkbounc More time to focus on the important stuff!

Shagley said:
Tammy - what a great idea to use the candy wafers. The Hershey Hugs can get pretty expensive, and unwrapping them takes forever (and if I ask for help, my helpers eat about 1/2 of the Hugs). I will be using the candy wafers from now on. Thanks for this tip!

GREAT idea!!!!!! :banana: :thumbsup2 It takes forever to unwrap all the kisses.

everything sounds really good. For the chocolate covered pretzel rods you could try the ice cream topping that hardens when it is exposed to cold or air. This saves time on the melting just pour over the pretzel rod. good luck and happy cooking

merekc said:

It is delicious.
We make this too, its a family favorite that we take to carry in meals at church. Delicious is right!:cool1:

Did anybody else notice that in the back of the new Kraft Food magazine is the recipe for the oreo truffle things. Now I really have to make them. Thanks for all the goodies.

Deanna :bored: :cat:

smfritz03 said:
thanks guys!! My dh is a police officer so these are great ideas to make up to give to all his coworkers w/ out spending an absolute fortune and trying to pick out something that they would like!!!! Keep them coming!!! Im also having the kids make up the Cinnamon/Applesauce ornaments to put in a gift basket to go along w/ alot of these goodies!!!

Can you share your recipe please? I tried in the past, but the recipe I used did not work well.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares

2 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar DIVIDED
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Unroll 1 tube of crescent rolls and place dough in a lightly greased 13x9 pan. With finger tips, press the seams and perforations together to seal. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough in pan.

Unroll remaining tube of crescent rolls and place over cream cheese mixture, stretching to fit. Brush melted butter over top. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool. Cut in squares.

I have changed these up sometimes by spreading a can of pie filling between the cream cheese layer and top layer of dough. We've tried apple, cherry and blueberry -- all are yummy!

merekc said:

It is delicious.

We make this but add caramel ice cream topping sauce and Hershey's cocoa fudge icing as layers. It's really good if you heat the caramel and drizzle on top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter