• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick & Easy Christmas treats - *UPDATED* - compiled recipes - Page 53

Anyone know where to get the white chocolate almond bark in Manhattan, NY? We don't have a Walmart here in the city.

OK, I had my mom pick up almond bark at Walmart today. I just made the white chocolate popcorn and it's cooling, but boy is it tasty!!! (and easy!!!)

I couldn't find the chocolate bark, but we have a Rag Shop that has a section of candymaking supplies. You can get a pound of Wilton's chocolate melts for $1.99. I used Orville's movie theatre butter popcorn. (Costco...probably could have used cheaper kinds.) I used 2 bags of popcorn per pound of melts. I have a large stainless steel mixing bowl, that I put in a pot of water, since I don't have luck melting chocolate in the microwave....it always seems to scorch. Anyway....I have made about 20 batches, and finally am done. BIG HIT!!
I also made some milk chocolate, but liked the white better....the white goes great with the buttery popcorn.

Thanks again for such a great idea.

We had our brownie troop over yesterday to do the Make It/Eat It Try-It. From the book we made baked apples & fruit punch and from this board we made pretzel wreaths, butterscotch haystacks (my favorite) and peanut butter surprise cookies (sugar cookie dough with a mini pb cup inside). Thanks for the great recipes everyone!! We all had a great time and each girl was able to take home a tin of treats for their families.

ntink said:
peanut butter surprise cookies (sugar cookie dough with a mini pb cup inside).
How do you get the cookies to lie flat? Or do they flatten out during baking? :scratchin

They flatten out during baking. I flattened a piece of dough then put a mini pb cup in the middle, covered it with the dough and rolled it into a ball. I forgot to add that as soon as the cookies came out of the oven, we sprinkled them with chocolate shaving but you could sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or drizzle on melted chocolate.

ntink said:
They flatten out during baking. I flattened a piece of dough then put a mini pb cup in the middle, covered it with the dough and rolled it into a ball. I forgot to add that as soon as the cookies came out of the oven, we sprinkled them with chocolate shaving but you could sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or drizzle on melted chocolate.
Thanks. I'm snipping this and adding it to the Cookies from Cake Mix! thread. :cool1:

Thanks txgirl...........now that I have made about 20 batches of white chocolate covered popcorn (and eaten at least 3 by myself). The puter is on the dining room table, and the bag of 'our' popcorn is just sitting there saying........"here I am". It's so hard to resist !

Thanks everyone for all the recipes. I made the 2 ingredient fudge, the graham cracker toffee, the peppermint bark, the ritz cracker sandwiches dipped in both white and regular chocolate, the pretzel wreaths, the white chocolate popcorn, the crushed oreo balls(in red chocolate),the coconut macaroons, the condensed milk fudge and the peanut butter cookies wrapped around the mini reese's cups-whew! I did this because I hosted my annual Christmas coffee. Everyone raved and was very impressed. They also got a huge kick because I've always been voted most likely not to need a kitchen appliance. My friends tease me and say the only appliance I need in the kitchen is a telephone. :rotfl: Merry Christmas everybody!!!

msdznyduck said:
Thanks txgirl...........now that I have made about 20 batches of white chocolate covered popcorn (and eaten at least 3 by myself). The puter is on the dining room table, and the bag of 'our' popcorn is just sitting there saying........"here I am". It's so hard to resist !

Your quite welcome! I'm so glad it has been loved as much as it is here. I have a big platter with pretzels and the oh' so easy fudge out on the counter and everyone is making themselves sick eating it! :rotfl2: I LOVE IT! My goal is to help everyone put on the extra 5 that I put on two weeks ago when I started this baking frenzy!!! :goodvibes

Thought I would post here- went to Super Target today and in the grocery section they were clearancing almond bark. 1 1/4 pounds (20 oz) for 37 cents. I bought 62 for $22.92. :banana: I bought some for my mom as well, but I am going to seal it and save it for next year, and probably the year after that. With all of these recipes to try we may use it throughout the year too! :cool1:

Could you freeze it to keep it longer? I wondered. Also, if you want, you could make valentine's candy. There are lots of candy molds you could use. Even Halloween, & other holidays.

You could freeze it, but between my two freezers though I don't have enough room for that much chocolate. I had thought about Valentines day. I also have an egg mold that I could do a chocolate egg with flowers on it. It acts as a candy dish, so you can put kisses or jelly beans inside. Make a very cute gift. My boys love chocolate, so I don't think using it will be a problem. Eating it will be the problem!

I'm just bumping this because it was such a fun thread. Anyone have any other ideas to contribute? We like treats year 'round.

I know this thread is old but the food looks so good!

Have any of you tried to make the desserts from the Disney cooking book volume 2? It's beyond words! I'll have to try it for Christmas :) a special time.

This is great why didn't I find this last holiday season. Well lets call it Christmas in July, just what I need with a prediction of close to 100 tomorrow.

Thanks to Imzadi on the CB for mentioning it.

Deanna :bored: :cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter