Questions on the new infraction system

I have a date ticker and 3 images in my signature. Is the ticker counting as an image? Thus making me in violation?

Well that sounds almost like auto-pilot for you guys, Alex. :surfweb: Wish it was that easy when I was there behind the wall.

Got two more questions, as this is the question thread. Are you guys going to start enforcing the signature rules on a more uniform basis? Some are so BIG, and now with that new game you have, the waps one, there are so many all over the place, showing up on all the boards, that are so far out of guidelines it is ridiculous.

The other question is what type of enforcing of rule #4 in the guidelines? It has been there forever but rarely enforced, and when it is, quite indiscriminately (Been on the receiving end of that enforcement before, LOL).

Signature violations are a part of why we were doing this. It was extremely time consuming and difficult for the moderators to deal with them before. This process should make it much simpler

Good old Rule #4 There are a lot of fine lines there Dan, remember this system is NOT changing any rules, it's a means of enforcing them.

DisDaydreamer- yup think you need to lose an image but at the top of this board are the full rules

Again, sounds good. From the looks of what's out there, many will be heading here to clear up their signatures.

And as for #4, I know you are not adding any rules, but was hoping you guys would be enforcing the rules which have been here, at least ever since I came here back in '99 and am sure were here from the start, and importantly, on a uniform basis.

It will be interesting. :surfweb:

i have a question about the personal comments rule...would that include something like a thank you for info to a particular post or is it more directed at the " sam,meet me for lunch at 12:30 Thursday" type post...guess i wonder how personal is to personal
thanks ( just in case i can't thank you later:) )

i have a question about the personal comments rule...would that include something like a thank you for info to a particular post or is it more directed at the " sam,meet me for lunch at 12:30 Thursday" type post...guess i wonder how personal is to personal
thanks ( just in case i can't thank you later:) )

Pick B!!!!

What classifies as a minor personal attack? Is it something like: Everyone knows the GF is better than AKL?

Is a major attack like insulkting one's mother, their family or any other really mean spirited thing?

What classifies as a minor personal attack? Is it something like: Everyone knows the GF is better than AKL?

Is a major attack like insulkting one's mother, their family or any other really mean spirited thing?

Your first example wouldn't be any kind of a personal attack, you can say that
Now if someone posted a thread saying how wonderful the AKL is and you posted... your so dumb everyone knows GF is better than AKL that would be minor
Your examples would be major

Your first example wouldn't be any kind of a personal attack, you can say that
Now if someone posted a thread saying how wonderful the AKL is and you posted... your so dumb everyone knows GF is better than AKL that would be minor
Your examples would be major
Okay, thanks Alex. :)

Again, sounds good. From the looks of what's out there, many will be heading here to clear up their signatures.

And as for #4, I know you are not adding any rules, but was hoping you guys would be enforcing the rules which have been here, at least ever since I came here back in '99 and am sure were here from the start, and importantly, on a uniform basis.

It will be interesting. :surfweb:

Color me dumb (is that considered a personal attack on myself??) but I don't see that there is a lot of problems with this rule. Every so often I might see something like "Has anyone heard from XXX lately" Or "XXX says Hi from WDW" or of course the occasional clean out your PM box but aside from that I don't see anything running rampent or am I missing something? Is there more to that rule I am missing?

Color me dumb (is that considered a personal attack on myself??) but I don't see that there is a lot of problems with this rule. Every so often I might see something like "Has anyone heard from XXX lately" Or "XXX says Hi from WDW" or of course the occasional clean out your PM box but aside from that I don't see anything running rampent or am I missing something? Is there more to that rule I am missing?

I don't think so, it's certainly not on my top 10 list of issues we have

Alex

From what I understand, the above two posters have also broken the signature guidelines as their pictures are too large - or have I mis-understood the rules?

David

Cathy, not really a lot of problems that I saw, but rather the consistency, or lack of consistency, of enforcing the rules. In the past, I have seen some folks carry on a virtual chat room, aimless chit-chat back and forth, to, and within a small group, on the board. And others, when asked about, if they had been MIA, ill, or whatever, have the threads shut down in literally seconds sometimes. As so often has happened in the past, it is dependent on who is being asked about or called out to that counted. Hopefully, from what I can gather, the new system will help in the consistent application of existing guidelines/rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter