• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions on the new infraction system

Question about signatures and points! The WPASADI TPAS Team Cheerleaders recently had to remove their "censored Minnie" logo from their signatures. Would this have given us points or since we removed them when the mod told us too, would we have been alright?

The moderators have the option of issuing a warning. I think in most cases they would do that for a first time offender that removed it right away

What's a filter violation?
That is where you break a word apart or substitute characters to get around the word filter. For example if the word disney was in the filter posting dis ney or d*sney to get around the filter would be violations

What if a member asks a question to another member in a thread which has nothing to do with the topic? Would there be any warnings for going off topic, or not if the question is something of general interest as long as the question is not dirty or a mean comment.

We haven't assigned "going off topic" to an infraction. It would just be a post or a warning. If some one did it habitually to cause issues we would deal with that

It's on most of the boards Dan, check the community board

Yikes, you send me to a board I rarely visit anymore.

If on most of the boards, I'll go dig around the Theme park board, I know Danny is usually pretty good on getting that stuff up there, though it gets buried quickly. Thanks.

I found it, Alex, a few pages back, but Danny did have it there......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1335471

Wow, you guys are going to need an Excel spread sheet for all that. :scared1: I use to like the old 3 strikes, you're out (banned, come back as a newbie, that's okay), 3 out, you are REALLY out (IP address supposedly blocked) rule from ages ago seemed to work pretty well. This seems like a monitoring nightmare.

From how I read it, other that for the 'big three' hundred pointers, nobody, for the most part, would ever really be so called banned forever, it's always temporary. Do I read that correctly? And also, a poster could leave on the 'edge', being a PIA, but just staying under the 100 point level, always having some points aging to drop off and getting fresh ones, though staying under that magic 100. Am I reading that right too? For the temp bans, who keeps track of the aging, the 10 days, the one month (is that calendar month or 30 days), the poster or you guys? And for the no signature privilege, does the signature just not show up until points age, or is it deleted by you guys and have to be manually added back in by the poster?

Those are just some quick questions I had.

How about some bonus points accessed for constant hijacking of threads?

I just have 1 more question. Eventhough I have a signature pic of what the DVC building at the Contemporay would look like, if it is to be built. I am not violating the signature rule by having an image that is something WDW maybe planning?

What about posters who post a seemingly innocent question but if you read between the lines it's actually a dig?

And what about trolls and pot-stirrers. How will they be handles, if at all.

I don't have a problem with the idea overall. :thumbsup2

I do have two concerns/questions. One is how you will find out about these infractions. As you know, there are some posters who enjoy reporting posts, which I find hard to believe since I've reported only a few in my years of DISing, for very obvious offenses.

My other concern is what I view as the moderate penalty for the signature violation, but I'm assuming you have a good reason for that and there are so many violations that it has grown into a big problem. Is that the bottom line for that? Will warnings first be issued for signature violations?

I found it, Alex, a few pages back, but Danny did have it there......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1335471

Wow, you guys are going to need an Excel spread sheet for all that. :scared1: I use to like the old 3 strikes, you're out (banned, come back as a newbie, that's okay), 3 out, you are REALLY out (IP address supposedly blocked) rule from ages ago seemed to work pretty well. This seems like a monitoring nightmare.

From how I read it, other that for the 'big three' hundred pointers, nobody, for the most part, would ever really be so called banned forever, it's always temporary. Do I read that correctly? And also, a poster could leave on the 'edge', being a PIA, but just staying under the 100 point level, always having some points aging to drop off and getting fresh ones, though staying under that magic 100. Am I reading that right too? For the temp bans, who keeps track of the aging, the 10 days, the one month (is that calendar month or 30 days), the poster or you guys? And for the no signature privilege, does the signature just not show up until points age, or is it deleted by you guys and have to be manually added back in by the poster?

Those are just some quick questions I had.

How about some bonus points accessed for constant hijacking of threads?

That's the beauty of this Dan! It's all fully automatic. Nobody has to keep track of anything, the software does it all. It's actually far easier for a moderator to deal with bad posts from a technical point of view. With a few mouse clicks they can delete bad posts or issue infractions.
Obviously if we find someone playing games, always skirting the line we will deal with that.

I don't have a problem with the idea overall. :thumbsup2

I do have two concerns/questions. One is how you will find out about these infractions. As you know, there are some posters who enjoy reporting posts, which I find hard to believe since I've reported only a few in my years of DISing, for very obvious offenses.

My other concern is what I view as the moderate penalty for the signature violation, but I'm assuming you have a good reason for that and there are so many violations that it has grown into a big problem. Is that the bottom line for that? Will warnings first be issued for signature violations?

As it said on the page, you will recieve a private message with any infractions. The moderators can't even issue the points untill that is sent.
You don't recieve points because someone reports a post. A moderator has to go look at it and make a decision.
As for signatures, yes in most cases the moderators will issue a warning first. Even if they don't a single signature violation doesn't result in any action so all you have to do is fix your signature and problem solved

As it said on the page, you will recieve a private message with any infractions. The moderators can't even issue the points untill that is sent.
You don't recieve points because someone reports a post. A moderator has to go look at it and make a decision.
As for signatures, yes in most cases the moderators will issue a warning first. Even if they don't a single signature violation doesn't result in any action so all you have to do is fix your signature and problem solved

Thanks for clearing up my questions, Alex! :cool1:

That's the beauty of this Dan! It's all fully automatic. Nobody has to keep track of anything, the software does it all. It's actually far easier for a moderator to deal with bad posts from a technical point of view. With a few mouse clicks they can delete bad posts or issue infractions.
Obviously if we find someone playing games, always skirting the line we will deal with that.
Well that sounds almost like auto-pilot for you guys, Alex. :surfweb: Wish it was that easy when I was there behind the wall.

Got two more questions, as this is the question thread. Are you guys going to start enforcing the signature rules on a more uniform basis? Some are so BIG, and now with that new game you have, the waps one, there are so many all over the place, showing up on all the boards, that are so far out of guidelines it is ridiculous.

The other question is what type of enforcing of rule #4 in the guidelines? It has been there forever but rarely enforced, and when it is, quite indiscriminately (Been on the receiving end of that enforcement before, LOL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter