Questions About the Fold Down Beds

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
Okay, every time we travel my husband and I give up the big comfy master so we can have the room with multiple beds to sleep with our son. We are staying at BWV soon and I know the studio side will have one of those fancy fold down beds. Is the mattress from that bed removable? I’m wondering if we can slide the mattresss over to the master side? We used the beds before but I can’t recall how the mattress was attached.

DVC has asked members not to move the furniture around.

This. OP why not just bring a twin air mattress or a sleeping bag.
Because if I could just slide a mattress across the floor that would be easier than trying to pack an air mattress in my carryon. I’m not looking to move the whole cupboard, but if the mattress slid off easily I wouldn’t consider that moving furniture just as I wouldn’t consider moving couch cushions to be moving furniture.

Alright, I’ve answered my own question. For all you rapscallions out there willing to break the rules and “move the furniture” the mattress on the fold down bed is simply a small light foam mattress that is not at all attached to the bed. It can easily be lifted with one hand and moved to somewhere that may be more convenient for you. I would rate mattress moving difficulty as much less than moving a couch cushion and slightly more difficult than moving a running shoe. (Even though it’s movable we have chosen to leave it where it is)

Okay, every time we travel my husband and I give up the big comfy master so we can have the room with multiple beds to sleep with our son. We are staying at BWV soon and I know the studio side will have one of those fancy fold down beds. Is the mattress from that bed removable? I’m wondering if we can slide the mattresss over to the master side? We used the beds before but I can’t recall how the mattress was attached.

Are you speaking of a one bedroom or two bedroom lockoff? When you mention the "studio side", not sure what you mean. A one bedroom at the boardwalk does not have a fold down murphy bed, but it does have a pull out couch. I am pretty sure the mattress on the couch is freestyle, although it may be battened down here and there. I understand your caution with having your son sleep in a separate room (he looks rather young in the photo). The closet in the master at the BW is quite large....it could be set up as a sleeping area.

When we stay at BLT the first thing I do is move that hideous floor lamp away from the middle of the window. I also rearrange the sleeping chair and sitting chair as they get in the way when the couch if pulled out.

Are you speaking of a one bedroom or two bedroom lockoff? When you mention the "studio side", not sure what you mean. A one bedroom at the boardwalk does not have a fold down murphy bed, but it does have a pull out couch. I am pretty sure the mattress on the couch is freestyle, although it may be battened down here and there. I understand your caution with having your son sleep in a separate room (he looks rather young in the photo). The closet in the master at the BW is quite large....it could be set up as a sleeping area.

When we stay at BLT the first thing I do is move that hideous floor lamp away from the middle of the window. I also rearrange the sleeping chair and sitting chair as they get in the way when the couch if pulled out.

Studios have a pulldown bed under the TV.

http://allears.net/acc/bwvillas/boardwalk-villa-studio-1627t.jpg

boardwalk-villa-studio-1627t.jpg

What every one is calling a "pull down" bed, is really a bunk sized murphy bed. Narrower and shorter than a twin sized mattress. Studios that have this at WDW are GFV, BRV, BWV, BCV, PVB. They are not in the studios at BLT, OKW, AKV, SSR or CCV. GFV also has one in the living rooms of the larger villas (if you get a lockoff at GFV, you get two Murphy beds, dedicated only one). The Polynesian bungalows have two, one in the second bedroom and one in the living room. CCV Cabins have one in the second bedroom.

I'm with you OP. Wish the 1 bedrooms had a sleeper chair or something in the bedroom (not the main area) as that would work better for our group. So, it's 2 studios for us. I thought I was the only one, since it seems all I ever read about on here is the sheer joy over mom and dad getting their private space. lol That's ok. I don't want a kitchen or washer/dryer and I prefer 2 bathrooms. I'm such a freak!

Yes, I am quite aware of what the studios have at BWV. My point was.....I was confused by the OP's question....are they staying in a studio or a one-bedroom? She was talking about giving up the master to sleep in the room with more beds. If staying in a studio, why ask the question about moving bedding around? If staying in a one-bedroom, she may be under the impression that there is a pull down under the TV, which there is not.

Yes, I am quite aware of what the studios have at BWV. My point was.....I was confused by the OP's question....are they staying in a studio or a one-bedroom? She was talking about giving up the master to sleep in the room with more beds. If staying in a studio, why ask the question about moving bedding around? If staying in a one-bedroom, she may be under the impression that there is a pull down under the TV, which there is not.
I took her response to be that they get a two bedroom and want to keep the master and keep the kiddo in the master with them instead of leaving him in the other bedroom.

I think BWV was the give away even though they didn't expressly state it. Staying in a 2BR at BWV so that means a lock-off there's the studio side and the master side. So, the second bedroom, ie studio side, will have the murphy bed.

So....who will be right??? Inquiring minds want to know! Could be the OP was turned off by the scolding about moving furniture around, not really the answer she was looking for. Then again, since the refurb at BWV, I do cringe at the thought of someone sliding the couch around on the wood laminate floor, but that being said, I've been in many rooms since the refurb and don't see much scratch damage on the floors (must check out the manufacturer...a good product).

Anyway, OP, I do hope you find a solution to your dilemma.

So....who will be right??? Inquiring minds want to know! Could be the OP was turned off by the scolding about moving furniture around, not really the answer she was looking for. Then again, since the refurb at BWV, I do cringe at the thought of someone sliding the couch around on the wood laminate floor, but that being said, I've been in many rooms since the refurb and don't see much scratch damage on the floors (must check out the manufacturer...a good product).

Look at post #5. They are there and have figured it out. ;)

It appeared that you hadn't noticed they had replied to the thread again - that is all I was referring you to and nothing else.

C8C46693-0FA6-414C-99A3-C236BD298726.jpeg 603B3880-9419-4F2E-AFDB-ACBECF2C2EF0.jpeg When we want flexibility with the beds we bring this cot. Fits in a corner of our carry on. Dd uses it for away meets with her swim team if she doesn’t feel like sharing a bed. Great buy. We are currently in a 1br at BWV with our three kids. Dd is sleeping on the cot. And op, I think it’s totally okay to relocate that mattress.

Hey PlanningAlways, sorry for being unclear. We travel a lot with our parents in two bedrooms. We always give my parents or my MIL the master and take the studio side or the second bedroom. This is our first time staying in a two bedroom with the Murphy bed, so we wondering if we could just transfer the mattress of the Murphy bed to the master so we could luxuriate in the king bed. Turns out it would be super easy to do that, but we decided not too because MIL moved right into the master and we certainly weren’t going to tell her to move.

I totally agree with everyone that full sized furniture should not be dragged around the villas and we wouldn’t ever do that.

Hey PlanningAlways, sorry for being unclear. We travel a lot with our parents in two bedrooms. We always give my parents or my MIL the master and take the studio side or the second bedroom. This is our first time staying in a two bedroom with the Murphy bed, so we wondering if we could just transfer the mattress of the Murphy bed to the master so we could luxuriate in the king bed. Turns out it would be super easy to do that, but we decided not too because MIL moved right into the master and we certainly weren’t going to tell her to move.

I totally agree with everyone that full sized furniture should not be dragged around the villas and we wouldn’t ever do that.

Not our issue, because we will be in a 2br dedicated at BLT in November, but my DH just invited my MIL and told her "and you'll have your own room!" when really he meant, "you'll have a bed in a room not the living room..." and this is my fear (above)...

I did not stalk the site at 11 mo at 8am to put my family of 4 in the 2 queens-side of the condo... (FIL passed away recently, so MIL would either be traveling alone or with SIL).

Not our issue, because we will be in a 2br dedicated at BLT in November, but my DH just invited my MIL and told her "and you'll have your own room!" when really he meant, "you'll have a bed in a room not the living room..." and this is my fear (above)...

I did not stalk the site at 11 mo at 8am to put my family of 4 in the 2 queens-side of the condo... (FIL passed away recently, so MIL would either be traveling alone or with SIL).

As soon as my wuss beast can sleep through the night reliably he will definitely be bunking with the grandparents. I’m thinking next trip he will be ready.

I hope your hubby refines his invite a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter