Question regarding point use

Hewolf

Earning My Ears
If I bought 100 points directly through Disney at Aulani. I then bought a resale contract for 150 points at Bay Lake Tower. Would I be able to use the full 250 points to book 11 months out at either Resort?

No, you can use 100 points at Aulani at 11 months out and 150 BLT at 11 months out. Unfortunately you can’t combine them until 7 months out.

While I don't like that. That's how I figured it was set up. Thank you for clarifying.

No. The home resort priority tag is attached to the points, not the member.

While I don't like that. That's how I figured it was set up. Thank you for clarifying.
Get what you are saying, but if it were the way you THINK you would like it to be, switching at 7 months would be virtually impossible.

Everyone would buy 50 points at the resort they "want" then stock up on resale points at SSR since they are the cheapest.

It would really F up the system if they allowed what you are asking. (Sorry, no other way to put it, as it would be basically catastrophic if they allowed this)

Get what you are saying, but if it were the way you THINK you would like it to be, switching at 7 months would be virtually impossible.

Everyone would buy 50 points at the resort they "want" then stock up on resale points at SSR since they are the cheapest.

It would really F up the system if they allowed what you are asking. (Sorry, no other way to put it, as it would be basically catastrophic if they allowed this)

Not just switching at seven - BWV/BCV/VGF etc. would book up completely well before seven - and that would leave some owners with points at home but without a room to book - ever - they'd have to wait until seven months and book over at SSR. That would almost certainly trigger lawsuits.

Not just switching at seven - BWV/BCV/VGF etc. would book up completely well before seven - and that would leave some owners with points at home but without a room to book - ever - they'd have to wait until seven months and book over at SSR. That would almost certainly trigger lawsuits.
Totally. I dont think I am understating it when I say being able to do that would destroy the system. Getting stuff at your home resort at 11 months would be a challenge in a lot of cases.

You could do an add on of 25 points at any resort you might want, then book at 11 months with all your points.

Just bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter