Question for those who have been on Backstage Magic - Dinner Reservations

DH and I didn't go to the Jimmy Kimmel taping, so we took the bus to Lawry's in Beverly Hills (it's my favorite restaurant in Chicago so I had to compare the original location in CA). At DL, we got ressies at Napa Rose. Quite frankly, if we do this tour again, we will just grab something fast on the dinner-on-your-own nights. They feed you so well at the included meals that you really don't need much more.

Ironically, although I was really looking forward to Napa Rose, it was a disappointment compared to my WDW favorites (Jiko, Artist Point). Just "meh" and not worth the price in my opinion. We were seated near a large group headed by a drunk doctor who was loudly bragging how he'd have to schedule some unnecessary surgeries to pay for it all. :eek:

DH and I didn't go to the Jimmy Kimmel taping, so we took the bus to Lawry's in Beverly Hills (it's my favorite restaurant in Chicago so I had to compare the original location in CA). At DL, we got ressies at Napa Rose. Quite frankly, if we do this tour again, we will just grab something fast on the dinner-on-your-own nights. They feed you so well at the included meals that you really don't need much more.

Ironically, although I was really looking forward to Napa Rose, it was a disappointment compared to my WDW favorites (Jiko, Artist Point). Just "meh" and not worth the price in my opinion. We were seated near a large group headed by a drunk doctor who was loudly bragging how he'd have to schedule some unnecessary surgeries to pay for it all. :eek:

FINALLY!! We've eaten there and our entire group of 14 didn't really think it was that great..then some of the same group tried again..and still....eh...When I commented I didn't think it was that great I got a response of "well, those who think Volcano desserts are fine dining won't like it... " :confused:
Anyway..I won't eat there again...

I didn't eat dinner before the Jimmy Kimmel taping. Found a nice place at the Hollywood and Highland center that had good sushi. The eatery featured Shabu Shabu, which was part of the name of the place. Can't remember the name, other than the Shabu Shabu part. :laughing: I think it was sometime after 8pm, and that was fine for me.

On my own at DL, we went to the Uva Cafe under Catal in Downtown Disney. I thought the food was pretty good and unassuming, but they had a problem finding a soup spoon for me. :confused3 Other than using a teaspoon for my soup, the place was still very good. :cutie:

I've been to Napa Rose a couple of times, and I think the second time was not as good as the first. I really loved the Vineyard Room and miss it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter