• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question for Those of You Who Have Been or Are Pregnant...

I can sympathize with all the stories of bed rest I went into labor at 32 weeks (I dilated to 2 and was completely effaced!!)-- I was on complete bed rest for 4 weeks, hospitalized 3 times, and had may labor stopped a total of 7 times. This was my first and only pregnancy. When I delivered at 36, I hardly felt any contractions as my dilation progressed. I "pushed" for less than 10 minutes, and it took that long because my midwife had to wash up-- therefore two concraction I was told not to push.

I never tried it, but an elderly cafetria worker at my school told me that she and all of her sisters induced their labors by taking two spoon fulls of (YUCK!) castor oil every 6 hours until their concractions were consistant. Or a less intrusive way would be to wait until your off bed rest, and GO SWIMMING. This has sent no less than 3 woman in my family into labor within 12 hours!

Good luck, and my thoughts are with you and your baby

Good luck with your baby - I also would say don't rush it - the time goes so quickly and it is time you never get back- cherish the time you have where you are that baby's world. And think of it this way - this is a very small part of your life and it will be over soon. Having the baby stay as long as possible is better for the baby - I went 39 weeks 1 day with twins. If you are measuring 40 weeks but only 35 maybe the doctors have your dates wrong - that has happened before. Let us know what happens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter