Question for all: how do you keep your shoes dry?

Since we usually go in August I invest in comfortable sandals and flip flops if I'm going to go on a water ride. If we happen to go in the winter months and it's a chilly enough day where I want to wear sneakers then I don't go on a water ride that day, but that's exceptionally rare for me.

We almost always wear flip-flop (usually tevas) at Disney or some version of a croc. This way we don't have to worry about rain or water rides.

We used to wear tennis shoes thinking it would provide more support for our feet, but the notorious Florida afternoon thunderstorms kept us with wet feet and the rest of the time our feet got too hot. DH now wears a mesh style water tennis style shoe. I wear Teva flip flops or Keens; both are very comfortable but waterproof & much cooler. We now have happy feet!

Everyone in my family has sandals that we try to wear on water attractions or when it is raining. I hate having wet shoes on, but in Florida, it happens no matter how hard you try to avoid it. This pic always cracks my wife and kids up when they remember how I "Jimmy-rigged" a shoe dryer after getting caught in a downpour. **Disclaimer: No Disney property was damaged in this poor attempt at Dryshoeimagineering**

awdwnut

Disneyshoes_zps763eeb5f.jpg

:rotfl2: This is hilarious!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

I look really stupid...I put small plastic grocery bags on my feet and wear a large trash bag as a skirt over my pants/shorts. I don't really mind if my shirt gets damp as it drys quickly. But wet shorts, shoes and socks - I can't stand it! The plastic bags work like a charm.

Sandals are out for me due to knee problems. Gotta wear really structured shoes if I'm going to walk that much and not be in pain.
This is what i was thinking about for this trip, wrapping bags around our shoes, lol

Everyone in my family has sandals that we try to wear on water attractions or when it is raining. I hate having wet shoes on, but in Florida, it happens no matter how hard you try to avoid it. This pic always cracks my wife and kids up when they remember how I "Jimmy-rigged" a shoe dryer after getting caught in a downpour. **Disclaimer: No Disney property was damaged in this poor attempt at Dryshoeimagineering**

awdwnut

Disneyshoes_zps763eeb5f.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle - this cracked me up!

On my trip last month, we were caught in a really heavy rainstorm. I loved my Skechers memory foam sneakers (best WDW shoes ever!) but they did get pretty wet. Back in the room that night, I used the hair dryer (on hot) to dry out my sneakers. Worked like a charm, and only took about 10 minutes.

When we are doing Kali River at rope drop and our shoes would be wet we either carry an Outdoor brand pocket stuffable backpack with flip flops or wear Sealskinz waterproof socks over a thin base pair.

Done the wet sneakers all day before and that was awful and lousy on the foot as it pruned us!:rotfl:

:hippie:
Holly

Have never really thought about trying to keep them dry honestly.

I put the poncho around my waist and feet--can't stand wet pants/or shoes. And contrary to popular belief....they don't dry quickly in the summer heat because it's so HUMID! My shirt usually dries out but thicker fabrics take too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter