Question for all: how do you keep your shoes dry?

Kali River Rapids has a rail you can rest your feet on which does help some, but if the ride is really wet, your feet will get wet. I avoid wearing sneakers on such rides. I wear my sandles which will dry out much easier.

We always go when Splash Mountain is under rehab so I have no idea how wet you would get on that.
On Kali Rapids you can get soaked through depending on where you sit. In the past year or so they added lockers outside the entrance - they are a little past the entrance on your left. You can use them for 2 hours, then have to pay for the extra time with a credit card. On days we plan to ride the Rapids, we always bring a bag with at least flip flops (sometimes a change of clothes) and will put our shoes and bag in the lockers. I have had times when I have put my feet up on the bar and they have still gotten soaked. But the ride is awesome!

We wear crocs and fast drying clothes for AK and MK because of the the wet rides and tennis shoes for EP and HS.

They get wet. I wear flip flops so no problem. DH wears sneakers, they dry.

They get wet. I wear flip flops so no problem. DH wears sneakers, they dry.

Same here. It's hit or miss on water rides, feet sometimes get wet. Knowing that, my footwear had adapted over the years to flip flops, sandals, or mesh running shoes so in any case they don't stay wet for too long.

I wear shoes that can get wet :) Keens that are waterproof/water resistant and dry quickly

When we use to go to WDW, I wore Teva sandals. Very comfortable and waterproof.

We wear Saltwater Sandals -

http://www.saltwater-sandals.com/ (the website looks like they are just for kids - they have big feet sizes too :) )

They are very comfy, really cute (the design is a 1940's pattern) and the more you get them wet, the comfier they become. We wore them for the first time on our last trip and have bought another pair for our upcoming trip so we can wear them more (I'm a big matcher...). And no soggy feet!! I hate having squeaky sneakers.

I carried some crocs in my bag, then we switched back to our regular walking shoes after.

I know that can be cumbersome but it was worth it for us because I just can not walk in wet shoes. If you can not do that perhaps just pack an extra pair of socks so when your shoes dry out you can at least change your socks. :)

DH takes them on water rides...:rotfl2:

The kids wear keens, DH wears regular crocs and I wear croc sandals.

Everyone in my family has sandals that we try to wear on water attractions or when it is raining. I hate having wet shoes on, but in Florida, it happens no matter how hard you try to avoid it. This pic always cracks my wife and kids up when they remember how I "Jimmy-rigged" a shoe dryer after getting caught in a downpour. **Disclaimer: No Disney property was damaged in this poor attempt at Dryshoeimagineering**

awdwnut

Disneyshoes_zps763eeb5f.jpg

DD and I generally wear flip flops while DH likes sneakers but we will carry flip flops in our backpack in case it starts to rain or we go on any wet rides.

I look really stupid...I put small plastic grocery bags on my feet and wear a large trash bag as a skirt over my pants/shorts. I don't really mind if my shirt gets damp as it drys quickly. But wet shorts, shoes and socks - I can't stand it! The plastic bags work like a charm.

Sandals are out for me due to knee problems. Gotta wear really structured shoes if I'm going to walk that much and not be in pain.

We bring cheap flip flops for everyone in the family and change into them for Kali. Then we put our sneakers back on after. I also pack a change of clothes for the kids in case they are uncomfortably wet (they wear bathing suits/shorts on the ride). DH and I wear quick drying clothes on our AK day. We have always gotten soaked on Kali:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter