Question about the filming of Toy Story 3 / 3D

jenniferrose

Mouseketeer
I posted this over in the Movies section but it doesn't seem to get much traffic so I am hoping one of you might know............

Does anyone know... was Toy Story 3 filmed for 3D? If we go to the 3D movie, can you watch it without glasses?

I ask because. My husband saw Avatar and Clash of the Titans 3D. He said that Avatar was filmed to be in 3D and didn't watch the same without glasses whereas Clash of the Titans the 3D was kind of an after thought so it wasn't specifically filmed for 3D so watching without glasses was fine.

I ask because we are taking our son to see TS3 on Friday. We would like to see 3D but I dont know if my son (or me for that matter) will wear the glasses and tolerate the 3D for the whole movie.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I know where I live they have a few versions of Toy Story 3 playing. They are showing the regular 2D, 3D and 3D Imax. I am sure it would be the same in most theatres. My DS3 doesnt like watching 3 D movies because its hard for him to keep the glasses on. It would be different if they provided 3D glasses for kids. Hope that helps. I have watched movies before in 3D most recently Disney's Christmas Carol, I viewed the movie for a while without glasses and I found the screen to be blurry without the glasses on. So I wouldnt recomend watching Toy Story 3 in 3D without wearing the glasses.

A theater will only be showing the 3D version if it is set up for it. This requires a different projector.

If they don't have a 3D projector they will show a 2D version.

3D doesn't look too bad without wearing the glasses. Think of it as watching a tv show from 1970 today. Doesn't look great but it's not horrible.

Thanks! That does help. The theater we are going to is set up for 3D and my husband would like to see it in 3D. I would bet my son wouldn't notice if the clarity isn't perfect. I will, and those glasses bug me.. but... I will just have to deal with it :)

Thanks again!!

If you're not going to watch it in 3D why pay extra for it? If the 3D feature isn't important just watch it in 2D. :)

If you're not going to watch it in 3D why pay extra for it? If the 3D feature isn't important just watch it in 2D. :)

Well, my husband wants to see it in 3D and we are really only going to be paying for 1 ticket since we got free tickets when we bought the DVDs last March. And, we are going to catch the matinee on Friday so hopefully that will be slightly cheaper as well.

I couldn't imagine sitting through a whole 3D film without the glasses on. I've taken them off for short bits and while you can still see what's going on it's way too fuzzy and gives me just as much of a headache than it does with the glasses. I would never recommend watching an entire 3D movie without the glasses on, especially for a child. Would it really be such a bad thing for your husband to see it in 2D?

Yeah, it's very difficult to watch a 3D movie without the glasses.

We recently rented Spy Kids 3D, and the case came with the 3D version and the 2D version. The 2D version was normal. The 3D version was beyond blurred, and you really did have to watch it with the glasses on. It would have been miserable to pay for, or waste vouchers on, a 3D movie wihtout the glasses on. I'd just go to a different showing where they had it in 2D.

IMPO No movie is better in 3d. I have never seen a movie (including avatar which I didnt like) in 3d that wasnt just fine in 2d. Yes, Toy Story was a made for 3d movie as well its the first movie to use Dolby Digital surround sound 7.2 or somehting to that effect. So according to some people if you are seeing it in 2d or if your theatre isnt enabled with the new surround sound your are not getting the same experience. However I think that both these things are gimics. Your not going to the movie to see to3d your going because you want to see buzz and woody and all his friends! I have purchased my tickets alreay and will be seeing it in good old fashion 2d cause 14.50 is just to much for a movie ticket, those glasses give me a head ache, and my brother has a bad eye so all movies are 2d to him why force him to spend more for the same experience? Anyway thats my soap box :rolleyes1

Why doesnt your husband see the 3d feature and you and your son go see the 2d feature? most theatres play it in both 2d and 3d at least where I live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter