question about redeeming Canadian ticket offer

When we were there over March Break, I forgot to bring our passports. We kindly explained our situation at the ticket booth at Epcot and they were nice enough to let us activate our tickets (no voucher, we did will call, bought through Disney) with driver's licenses for adults and nothing for the kids. It may be because we we sincerely apologetic and we were wearing our blue jays gear or the CMs at the booth were super nice and friendly at the moment that we were able to do this. I can't say that anyone else would be so lucky.
I called Disney and they said that even though we have a Cad. Ticket offer, because it's combined with a Disney resort package - we won't have to specifically redeem those tickets at the park. The CM I spoke to said all we have to do is check-in at our resort, show our passports then and voila! The tics are already linked to our MDE. I hope the CM is right!

I called Disney and they said that even though we have a Cad. Ticket offer, because it's combined with a Disney resort package - we won't have to specifically redeem those tickets at the park. The CM I spoke to said all we have to do is check-in at our resort, show our passports then and voila! The tics are already linked to our MDE. I hope the CM is right!

Good to know because we're back again in December! Dunno why they would want people to carry around passports though. For Florida residents, a utility bill or drivers license is proof enough for residency. I believe these tix were labelled Canada resident tickets right?

Good to know because we're back again in December! Dunno why they would want people to carry around passports though. For Florida residents, a utility bill or drivers license is proof enough for residency. I believe these tix were labelled Canada resident tickets right?

Yes they were. You don't need to carry your passports after check-in... according to the CM I spoke to.
You can't fly to the US without a passport as proof of ID so you'll have them anyway. After check-in, mine will go in the safe until we check out :)
Residents of FL have no need to carry passports with them to WDW, it would be unreasonable for Disney to ask for them...
I also think that Disney will accept the drivers license as proof of residency for Canadians...? What if you drove to the US with your enhanced Drivers license and you don't have a passport?

Anyway, this is only if you booked a magic your way package.
If you bought the tickets separately/staying off site, the CM said then you have to redeem them at the park.
Our tickets are showing as Cad. Resident special on our invoice, but in the MDE now they just show as regular tickets. So here is hoping we don't have to do anything different than usual...

I can report back in a few weeks how it went :)

Yes they were. You don't need to carry your passports after check-in... according to the CM I spoke to.
You can't fly to the US without a passport as proof of ID so you'll have them anyway. After check-in, mine will go in the safe until we check out :)
Residents of FL have no need to carry passports with them to WDW, it would be unreasonable for Disney to ask for them...
I also think that Disney will accept the drivers license as proof of residency for Canadians...? What if you drove to the US with your enhanced Drivers license and you don't have a passport?

If you bought the tickets separately/staying off site, the CM said then you have to redeem them at the park.
Our tickets are showing as Cad. Resident special on our invoice, but in the MDE now they just show as regular tickets. So here is hoping we don't have to do anything different than usual...

I wouldn't expect WDW to ask FL residents for passports as proof as residency. My point here was that if they allow a DL from FL residents as proof of residency, why should they insist that we show our passports instead of showing a Canadian DL as proof as well (they did for us at least)? Yes, we have to travel with our passports, but we usually carry it when we are travelling. It makes many people feel uneasy to carry such an important travel document anywhere, let alone some place that is crowded and non-travel related.

For us, our situation was different than yours. We are DVC members so we didn't book the Magic Your Way package. We booked our stay and park tickets separately. We sent our Magic Bands to our mailbox in Niagara Falls, NY so we were able to do online check-in and bypassed the desk to check-in. We also had a split stay with the first night being at SSR and the rest of the nights at AKV. We left all of our belongings, including our passports (I know, we're dumb) for luggage services to transfer not even thinking/remembering that we'd need them for activating our tickets. And that's how we came to our situation at Epcot.

I wouldn't expect WDW to ask FL residents for passports as proof as residency. My point here was that if they allow a DL from FL residents as proof of residency, why should they insist that we show our passports instead of showing a Canadian DL as proof as well (they did for us at least)? Yes, we have to travel with our passports, but we usually carry it when we are travelling. It makes many people feel uneasy to carry such an important travel document anywhere, let alone some place that is crowded and non-travel related.

For us, our situation was different than yours. We are DVC members so we didn't book the Magic Your Way package. We booked our stay and park tickets separately. We sent our Magic Bands to our mailbox in Niagara Falls, NY so we were able to do online check-in and bypassed the desk to check-in. We also had a split stay with the first night being at SSR and the rest of the nights at AKV. We left all of our belongings, including our passports (I know, we're dumb) for luggage services to transfer not even thinking/remembering that we'd need them for activating our tickets. And that's how we came to our situation at Epcot.

Yes I totally agree, I don't want to have to carry our passports either... which is why I called Disney as I was uneasy at the thought of having to take it to magic kingdom with us...
I also agree that they should not really expect anyone (package or not) to carry their passports around other than when you are actually travelling.
That's why I think they should accept a Canadian drivers license instead or maybe a photocopy of a passport.
I believe they will accept just the license anyway but I could be wrong.
I was agreeing with you :)

Yes please let me know! There is hope! ( i added to package too :))

Thank you all for the replies... One last question. If we go to a waterpark the first day can we redeem the vouchers at the waterparks.
Thanks
Yes. They have ticket/guest service booths.

Sorry to hijack this thread... we have a package reservation with Canadian offer tickets... although in MDE it just list them as "base ticket" now. We were hoping to go to the Magic Kingdom the evening of our arrival. Reading this thread I understand we have to get our tickets once we get to MK.
I am actually really bummed about this as I don't want to carry our passports around!
Is there any way to get around this?
We don't have any vouchers either, so not sure if our situation is any different?
I would take passport just in case. I'd hate to be turned away. It does state we have to show passport. I don't like it either.
I have 2 vouchers for the Canadian offer, going to DL in Sept, then WDW in Nov! At DL you have to redeem at turnstile. I called to ask because I thought I could go to guest relations when I arrive (non park day) so looks like I'll be carrying around passports our first DL park day.
At WDW I plan on going to Disney Springs Guest Service to redeem. My flight lands at 5:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter