Question about Making own shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
TravelinGal said:
Well, I'm certainly not a lawyer, but subsection 113 from the link you gave, which deals specifically with pictorial and graphic images, seems to say it IS legal.

Well, if you would have read the law closer, this (section 106)...
Subject to the provisions of subsections (b) and (c) of this section, the exclusive right to reproduce a copyrighted pictorial, graphic, or sculptural work in copies under section 106, includes the right to reproduce the work in or on any kind of article, whether useful or otherwise
Refers to the OWNER of the copyright not the general public. Proves my point! EXCLUSIVE right is granted to the copyright holder not the general public.

In the case of a work lawfully reproduced in useful articles that have been offered for sale or other distribution to the public, copyright does not include any right to prevent the making, distribution, or display of pictures or photographs of such articles in connection with advertisements or commentaries related to the distribution or display of such articles, or in connection with news reports

These images have not been lawfully reproduced and what article or news report is being referenced by these designs :confused3

I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm simply pointing out that people are being criticized for not giving credit to a designer when they themselves are guilty of the SAME EXACT THING!!!

HayGan said:
I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm simply pointing out that people are being criticized for not giving credit to a designer when they themselves are guilty of the SAME EXACT THING!!!
HayGan - you are not a routine poster on this board. Is there a reason that you had to jump on the bandwagon now, other than to start a war and feed the fire???

Tammi67 said:
HayGan - you are not a routine poster on this thread. Is there a reason that you had to jump on the bandwagon now, other than to start a war and feed the fire???

Excuse me?!?!?! Did you mean thread or board :confused3 Didn't know that one had to be invited :rolleyes: I used to participate quite a bit in the designing thread. I stopped posting there awhile ago for a number of reasons. I had several requests for my designs lately so I thought I would stop in what was going on. I saw this post and felt really bad for the OP. Didnn't know that only "regulars" opinions were welcome :rolleyes:

Thank you Tammi for once again reminding me why so many of us began to stay away from the design threads!!!

If you designed your own - and are thinking about doing so again, why would you come in and start with such an attack mode?

I for one, always give credit to the original creator of the art if I can find out who made it - and I do try to find out.

If you look at your post regarding copywrites from an objective point of view, it can come across as accusatory and mean spirited. :confused3

Creative DISigns is open to anyone who wants to be here!

Yes, I did mean board. If you are a frequent visitor then you should know that the copyright issue has been brought up many times, discussed with attorneys, and we have been told there is no violation.

No one has to be invited here to participate. In fact, we welcome people. But when one only posts to stir up negativity, that can be done without. And I do remember you from your posts before. These have the same tone as your previous ones. We are a group of friends here and there is always room for more, but when someone just pops in to jump on an argument, that is unacceptable.

Tammi67 said:
Yes, I did mean board. If you are a frequent visitor then you should know that the copyright issue has been brought up many times, discussed with attorneys, and we have been told there is no violation.

No one has to be invited here to participate. In fact, we welcome people. But when one only posts to stir up negativity, that can be done without. And I do remember you from your posts before. These have the same tone as your previous ones. We are a group of friends here and there is always room for more, but when someone just pops in to jump on an argument, that is unacceptable.

Excuse me but I have NEVER posted anything negative on the designs threads/boards so please before you go throwing out accusations get your facts straight or show some proof!!! What did I say that was negative if you so clearly remember. :confused3 I silently went away as the tone of the original thread was heading in a direction that I wasn't comfortable with.

And why is it unacceptable for a new participant to join in on a thread? I stated an opinion and mine is no more/less valuable than others. What - because I don't live on this board I can't comment. :sad2: I came back over here because of several recent requests I had received for a design that was mentioned in a recent post. It peaked my interest to see what has been going on. I read the OP's post and felt bad that she had been the subject of such criticism when clearly everyone here is guilty of not giving credit to the original designer of the images. Nobody's images here are clearly original and yet I see very little if any credit given to the creator/copyright owner. I was trying to point out that those who are up in arms over others not giving credit are themselves very much guilty of the same thing.

And I wholeheartedly disagree with you on the legality issue as I was contacted about one of my "designs" by the copyright owner.

Lets just continue to design and be happy ! This is supose to be ahppy place geeez its disney :banana: :banana:

Good Grief enough already...this is NOT a debate board!!!!!

If you have something to say to some one PLEASE do so in a PM!

This thread is locked.....I'm very UNHAPPY as this is the second thread in 2 days! :mad:

Can't we get back to having fun ,being considerate of others and sharing some Disney magic?!?!?!? pixiedust: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter