Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, all :goodvibes

Loving the sunshine coming in the windows this morning!! I've been sipping my coffee and working on a jigsaw puzzle, and DS just went to pick up Dunkins' for breakfast. No big social plans for today. - DS has to work in the afternoon, and I'll probably do some scrapbooking, "walk" the cats, and catch up on The Voice with DH.

Good morning. Nothing but sunshine today. No wind, no rain, perfect. The Dave's got here unannounced at 8. I was awake, but not even dressed yet. I'm doing some outdoor things while they are working. I can't look at him up in the ladder like that. At least today the rest of the ones over the roof will be gone.
I put the new deck chairs out, ordered cushions for them. Filled the deck planter with potting soil for my herbs. I'm going to hook up the new hose, and if it's not windy this afternoon I may do the burn pile and get that out of the garden.

Have a great day

1713107254010.png

What a nice visit you had, @Snowysmom !

We just left our friend, Joyce. We had breakfast in a small local restaurant, it was where we last saw her husband, Jack, before he passed. She had not been able to go there to enjoy a meal. She said she had tried, once, but the food tasted awful, it was just a bad experience. Today, with us, it was different, and she thinks it will be from now on. We went to church and visited Jack’s grave before breakfast.

IMG_3229.jpeg

It was just a wonderful visit. She has a screened in front porch and her front garden is full of blooming azaleas! We even saw “her hummingbird! “

Good day to everyone! Hilton Head is our next destination!

They left about an hour ago. Dave Jr had to go pick up his daughter. And the winds came up out of nowhere. Now they say we have a chance of small hail, are they nuts? All of the branches and limbs are off of the roof. There are 2 more limbs to take down next weekend and then they can start on the base of the tree. It was another truckfull of wood, and another trailer full of branches. One of the big branches hit the corner of the gutter and a piece of the edging of the metal roof. Dave is replacing them at his cost. He didn't back his truck up fast enough as it was coming down and it caught the corner. But no one got hurt, and those pieces are just material..so it's fine.

We are at 83 degrees right now. I put my new deck chairs out and my new hose, cleaned up some of the branches, and I'm going to lay down and take a short nap, I'm tired

I liked your post dear PollyannaMom :hug: above mine for the hope of brighter weather tomorrow. I was so glad to read you rested today, my friend.

Lynn:hug:, you had an early visitor. Prayers long by now you are resting! Have some warm cocoa.

Bobbi:hug:, I love the picture thank you as always for sharing. I would love a screened in porch or even a sunroom in a home. Years ago I worked at a preschool that was a small older house. The first very small room tou entered before the kichen was a sunroom. It was a teacher break space of sorts. I'm so thankful you got see your friends and how blessed they were, of course, to see you!

Cool and a little rainy Sunday here. Dad dropped off some books this morning at a thrift store and then went to Pavilions. Tomorrow he will shop at Ralphs. I still need to watch online worship and look forward to doing so this evening. I would appreciate extra prayers for recovery. Today is one month exactly until my birthday. God willing for His sake of course so that I might be of better fuller service to Him though I give thanks of course that my extra weakness right now is made perfect in His strength. I also pray that if it is His will besides of course to be back to normal and completely well, out of any foot pain for me, I honestly so want to be healthy again for my dad. I trust and know in His perfect way this will happen. I admit and apologize to Him my human wanting at times to be well! I sincerely am thankful for all moments and what grace that I am recovering period! Love to all and good evening, too :)

@flyingumbo127 Wishing for healing for you and better health ahead.

Good morning, It is 42 with temps going into the 60s. Crack X is coming this morning to fill in 2 large cracks in the foundation wall. I have salt therapy today which I look forward to. It is a nice 45 minutes to mediate and relax and the salt therapy helps with allergies and clearing out my sinuses. I can breathe so much easier after that. Plus I leave relaxed which lasts for a little bit so I enjoy it while it is there. Yesterday was a quiet day. I did get some birthday gifts for Luke and Sam as their birthdays are next month. Luke will be 7 and Sam will be 2. Sam is getting to be such a character and talking more and more. Luke has become more outgoing and enjoys playing baseball this Spring.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning.:sunny:

It was beautiful outside this weekend, and of course I was stuck inside a hospital working. Hoping we get the same weather next weekend, I'm taking Mia to the zoo on Saturday.🌷🐧

Snowysmom - I've never been to Sedona, I'm sure it's beautiful. That will give you something to look forward to.

We booked our flight to Orlando for our girls trip. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am both ways 😳!!! Why do we get ourselves into things like this. I have no idea what we're going to do when we land. Taking an Uber to the airbnb place so we won't have a car. Can't order groceries that early b/c we won't have anywhere to put them. Hopefully the pool area will be open and we can atleast change and sit around the pool.🩱

I talked my work situation over with my coworkers this weekend :grouphug:. Everyone was shocked and mad to hear what was happening. One of the girls assured me that the new girl coming from another hospital would definitely give up her weekend so I could pick up that weekend. Fingers crossed that works out.🤞 Still waiting to discuss this with my manager, she didn't return my call Friday. I told a couple of people to be ready if I show up for a meeting, someone else is going in with me so I have a witness. My manager likes to deny things that she's said in the past. We've all learned our lesson.

Didn't get anything done around the house over the weekend so tonight will be laundry and cleaning :laundy:, and tomorrow I'll head to the grocery store. I picked up a couple 4 hour shifts Wednesday and Thursday night. I haven't been to the grocery store in about 4 weeks. My goal was to eat everything in the freezer and pantry before I bought more stuff. I did pretty good, I have a couple of fish filets left and some bagged frozen veggies. I must have bought them for a recipe b/c I wouldn't eat them on their own. Working from home on Wednesday so I'm hoping I'll be able to meal prep for a few days.

Well looks like people are starting to roll into work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. It stayed near 70 degrees all night. Had some brief showers earlier, and the sky has some dark clouds, but it's sunny for the most part. Calling for sunny and 77 again today.

I was going to finish mowing the side lawn where I have to use the self propelled, but now I have to wait until it dries out again. I'll probably have to mow the whole lawn again tomorrow before we get more rain on Wed and Thursday. It was supposed to be nice next weekend, but now they're showing rain for Saturday. But Sunday should be nice, so maybe they can finish the tree. I didn't expect it to turn into a month long deal of weekends, but since they both work during the week, they have to do it on their off hours

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and we were talking about the high winds. She said "We were worried about the babies" and I had no idea what she was talking about as their kids are 6 and 7. She said the new chickens. No wonder they put up a metal coop and put the 3 chickens and rooster in there. They left the old coop out back, and now have 24 more chickens? I said "No more roosters". She said "I agree, if there are any roosters, we're going to get rid of them."
They better, the one they have now is more than annoying!

Off to get a shower and get dressed and decide what I'm going to do outside today besides mow when it dries out.

Have a good day

1713185553756.png

Good morning! Finally we have some days without driving. We are at Disneys HHI Resort, and we really like the new look. I have a HA unit, because I need the HA shower features, and in the remodel, it includes a seat! Previously, I had to request a seat!

IMG_3237.jpeg

There is now just a regular tub, they used to have a jacuzzi type. I really like the picture above the tub.

IMG_3238.jpeg

Because I book HA, there are limited views I get, but I do like this particular view of the marsh. The tide was out when we arrived.

IMG_3234.jpeg

They did have an adult tricycle for me, so, I am ready for our HHI adventures on the tricycle!

Someone at Tom’s PT, who also has a timeshare on HHI, suggested Aunt Chilada’s for good fajitas. I have found no fajitas to my taste in Cape May, so we both were looking forward to our meal last night. It was great!! We shared their beef, chicken and shrimp fajita! Oh my! We will get another one before we leave!.

It is supposed to get up to 80° by this afternoon, so, we expect to go swimming too!

Have a great day!

Bobbi

Have fun dear Bobbi! Lynn, please stay warm!

More challenging Monday here. Time of month showed up late last night at 2 months. Not done with that yet. The mess is the hard part especially more restroom trips right now. Grace of God I know this too shall pass. I choose to look at it as extra physical therapy I can do myself which gets me stronger and is encouraging, too.

Have a good rest of the day, friends.

Bobbiwoz I hope you have fun on your trip. Lovely pictures.

Good morning. It is 40 now and expected to get into the 60s again. Yesterday Crack X came to fill in the 2 large cracks in the basement foundation wall. I didn't think it would take 3 hours but when I saw all that he did I know why. It looks sturdy and has a 10 year warranty. The tech was nice and explained things and was kind enough to lock the bulkhead for me when he was done. Now for the drains in the window wells. Last 2 rains did not bring any water into the basement but while heavy at times it was not raining all the time. I think a long steady heavy rain would be different. The drains will make me feel better. I would just like to be able to stop worrying and stressing every time I see rain in the forecast. The weather was nice and I did get in a couple of walks. Today I see the therapist. I had to cancel my salt therapy yesterday as the repair took so long. I go tomorrow instead.

Have a good day.

Good Morning :sunny:

So nice out yesterday. Got home from work yesterday and threw in a load of laundry, started dinner, and then fed all the animals. After dinner I went out to walk. Didn't realize it until later that my "short" route was actually 2 miles. My back was killing me before I was 1/2 done. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, I'm pretty sure it's arthritis.

Went up to the hospital last night b/c I had to take an assessment for a job that I really wanted. I wasn't too happy about having to do this assessment again. I just did it 3 weeks ago for another job I applied for at that company. I thought my answers would be valid for atleast 6 months since it's the same test. If you don't do well enough on this test then you aren't able to apply for another position for a year! Anyway, I got my group of coworkers together and we were ready for the test. I started clicking on "accept" and "continue" a few times and sure enough that's all I needed to do. The other test was still valid. Just hung out there for about an hour talking with everyone. Got home and started to watch the Reds game but fell asleep. They're on the west coast for a few nights so the games don't start until 9:30, already in bed.

Tonight I'm off to the grocery store. Hopefully I can keep the cost down a little. I was thinking of going to Aldi's but I don't think they have most of the items I need, no point in going there and then having to go to Krogers also.

That's about it for me, have a great day!:wave:

Good Morning dear 🐣family,

Snowysmom and Footballmouse, I liked both of your posts for your continued kind courage. I truly wish you both, all of dear you, you all know that, peace and joy.

Miracle from God I got more sleep last night. I also have been able by His Grace alone get up half a dozen times now from using the restroom with assistance from the counter and walker! So positive. Dad's help overall is still needed for me to get up from a chair/in general but what an amazing blessing of extra hope. Dad will be visited by Dr. S this afternoon. I am sure praying she is of help to him. Thank you all always for your prayers for dad and I.

Love to all. Happy Tuesday.

Good morning. Another sunny 77 degree day in the neighborhood. I got the parts of the lawn mowed that I can't do with the riding mower, weed wacked around the outside of the garden and gathered trash. I just made my grocery list for tomorrow and got 3 returns ready for Walmart. I'm going to paint the porch chairs and tables, and then decide if the rest of the lawn needs to be cut again before we get more rain tomorrow

Watched Idol last night, happy with the top 14 for the most part. I picked 9 of the 14 from the start, so I'm doing good so far, lol

Have a nice day

1713275850898.png

@flyingdumbo127, let’s pray that Dr. S helps your dad!

Sleep eluded me last night, and so, I got up to read and took 2 sleep aides, so we are not up and out yet. Yesterday, we did ride the bikes and swam. Saw flying pelicans at the beach! I have so many pictures of them flying in formation….it’s something we don’t have in Cape May, we see one or two infrequently.

We ate at Sea Shack, which is my favorite sea food restaurant. I had grilled Oysters, shrimp and scallops with their delicious sweet potato corn bread. I had the rice, the next time I think I will go with the small salad. If I were alone here, I would eat at Sea Shack every day!

IMG_3239.jpeg
Some of the best Disney Cast Members are here in HHI, we chatted with one while biking around the resort. She sent us this magnet and wrote a lovely note asking if she could do anything for us, to just ask!

IMG_5454.jpeg

We only have one car, and we had already received one on a previous visit. So, this one is being mailed to Dorothy, my friend who had encouraged me to try the tricycles at Disney’s HHI, to see if it was something I could do. My adult tricycle has given me much enjoyment, and exercises!

Enjoy your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter