Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Eclipse Day! 🌒

I have my glasses and will be headed outside this afternoon. We are in the totality path so we should go completely dark 🌑. It's kinda cloudy today but hopefully it won't obstruct the sun much.

Worked all weekend so didn't do anything except try to sleep. The boys replaced my brakes, shocks, and wiper blades on my car yesterday :car:. Saved me a lot of money.

I have been fighting a cold since last Thursday and now I have a raging headache. I guess it's moved itself to behind my eyes.😵

Tried watching the CMT awards show last night. Lasted until 9:00, I was tired and the show wasn't any good 😠. I wish the writers would stop trying to make the host funny. She's a singer, not a comedian so she's didn't know how to deliver the funny comments 🤫. I think there were more TV celebrities on stage than singers. They did a tribute to Toby Keith so I'll probably fast forward through the show and watch that part tonight.

The big men's college basketball game is on tonight 🏀. I picked UConn to win it all at the start of the tournament so I have a chance. Too bad I'm not in any kind of bracket pool. Caught the 2nd half of the women's college game yesterday.

Back to work, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning, dear friends. Snowysmom, Footballmouse, and Taz, please take extra care of yourselved this week. All of you be kind to yourselves and stay warm and well. Always may you know God loves and is beside you forever. I care too. Happy Monday to all.

Good morning, all. Happy Eclipse Day! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

We're in 92-93% here, so should be really neat. (I remember watching the one in 2017, which was less than that and still pretty cool.)

Otherwise, not much going on today. - Went through a pile of mail, will probably put away the Easter stuff, and maybe do a load of laundry. Thawing shrimp for dinner, but not sure yet what I'll do with it.

Good morning. Calling for 70 and sun, but we just had a shower. Just enough to wet everything again.

I did all kinds of oddball chores yesterday morning and was tired by noon. I sanded and put polyurethane on the deck railings, weed wacked around the sheds, gave the shed ramp another coat of the blue paint. Washed the kitchen floor, and did laundry. At 1, Dave unexpectedly showed up. We took the old garden fence down, and he took it in his truck to get rid of. We got the mowers out and he took the mowing deck off the rider and sharpened the blades (he said they didn't even need it, but since it was off he did it anyhow). We cleaned off the bottom good and greased the bearings. Sharpened the blades on the other mower and put them away. Then he painted the X and door frame blue, and I love it. It really sets it off now. He hung my "She Shed' sign, and my 2 cat decorations on each side of the door. He stayed for awhile trying to figure out which order they want to take the rest of the limbs off the tree next weekend. He's working on roofs if it's nice the next 2 days, then rain for the next 3. So we're going to go to Lowes and get the new fencing one of those days. He still has to get the gutter cut for the shed, but that's the last thing. Other than that, it's done and I paid him for it.
After he left, I got the weed whacker back out and did inside and outside the garden while the fence was gone. I'll pass the mower over it when the ground in there dries out. Then I can burn the brush pile and till the garden. Then he can put the new fence up.

I watched all of Idol last night, and still have the same favorites, plus a couple more. It's on again tonight too. Went to bed at 1:30 and my SIL texted me at 5:30-to 'wake me up'. Seriously? I texted her back "You succeeded, turning phone off." Who does that??

Going to clean the bathrooms and maybe watch a show and wait to see if the grass dries out enough to finish mowing.

Have a nice day, only watch the eclipse safely if you watch!

1712584454692.png

Good afternoon.

I am feeling better but the knee is still a tad swollen . The bump on the head is fine as long as I don't touch it. Day by day.

I was not really excited about the eclipse. I am NOT the science person in my family. My youngest brother actually took his boys to Niagara Falls for it. I had to get my grandsons today at noon as they were let out a bit early. My daughter had gotten the eclipse viewing glasses. After Anthony got home I left but then started thinking I may never get to experience this again in my lifetime. I went back and got Ben and Wyatt and took them to an open field. All I can say is WOW! That was an amazing experience. I managed a few pictures on my phone using the glasses.

This was as we were getting started
20240408_150804.jpg

I liked the effect with the clouds
20240408_151010.jpg

These two are my favorites though - in the first one you really get the effect of the moon passing over the sun.
20240408_151041.jpg

20240408_151430.jpg

I am so glad I did it as it is an experience I may never get a chance for again.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We got a fair bit done, including our mowing and whatnot.
Saw a bit of the eclipse, went outside a time or two to see it. Welding helmet worked great 8-) Not life changing, and it was interesting.
So, I went to a Aldi for the 3rd time ever this weekend. First time I went to this exact store when it was newly opened and everyone was going on about it, I guess about 4 or 5 years ago??? In all truth I wasn't terribly impressed. Second time I went to one was in Passau, Germany about a year and a half ago. So on a lark I went to the first one again Saturday and I remain underwhelmed. I purchased a few things, including cube steak which is something I've never bought or made before. Oh - and the Aldi brand Trisquits, but we haven't tried those yet. Anyhow, it doesn't really appeal to me but I'm glad I gave it another try. Don't think it will be on my regular rotation. But I am serving the cube steak tonight. I ended up giving it a quick sear at lunch then stuck it in the crockpot w/ some store bought mushroom gravy (I know - sodium bomb ) & fresh mushrooms. We will see how it does, I'll serve it over either mashed potatoes or noodles, depending on what my husband prefers. I don't know if I'll have any, gravy really isn't my thing. If it turns out okay I'll make it again, only this time I'll try to look for other ways to cook it. Is it on anyone's regular meal list? Is there a 'regular' way of cooking it that isn't in the crock pot?
Eclipse aside, weather out is beautiful. Hoping to enjoy some of it when I head home in a few minutes.
Have a good evening all -

But I am serving the cube steak tonight. I ended up giving it a quick sear at lunch then stuck it in the crockpot w/ some store bought mushroom gravy (I know - sodium bomb ) & fresh mushrooms. We will see how it does, I'll serve it over either mashed potatoes or noodles, depending on what my husband prefers. I don't know if I'll have any, gravy really isn't my thing. If it turns out okay I'll make it again, only this time I'll try to look for other ways to cook it. Is it on anyone's regular meal list? Is there a 'regular' way of cooking it that isn't in the crock pot?
I don't make it myself (DH is not a fan) but I loved it as a kid! (I can't remember exactly how my mom made it, though.)

Good evening dear friends:grouphug:Taz, thank you for such great pictures. Please feel better! Dad has an appointment with Dr. S on Monday, we are so grateful. I have a very frustrating and disappointing update from a home health aide Dr. S had recommended to me. Tiffany apologetically texted me back saying she is not in my area (she is a couple hours or so away from me in fact) and doesn't have any contacts near me either. Rotten all-around. I will be relaying this to Dr. S's office tomorrow. Brighter note is that I started a special birthday surprise for a dear friend and retired church pastor, named Louise who I have shared about on here before. It means a lot to me to do something special for her. Have a good evening everyone and sweet dreams.

Last edited:
@flyingdumbo127 Sorry that the home health aide did not work out. Maye Dr. S has someone else she can recommend. It is hard to find good health care. Glad to hear your Dad has an appt with Dr. S.

Taz great pictures of the eclipse.

EasyAs I went to an Aldi's once and was not impressed. I did buy some knockoff wheat thins which were surprisingly good. Kenny tried some of the frozen chicken and I think bacon and he liked it.

Good morning. It is 44 now but going into the 60s again. I did watch the eclipse, safely with my glasses. I saw it from my deck. It got cooler the more the sun got covered. I remember that from the 2017 eclipse. I missed Chris so much yesterday as I know he was looking forward to this eclipse even right after we saw the 2017 one. He had plans to go to Vermont where his cousin is. I ended up going to CVS minute clinic yesterday for my left ear. I thought I had an infection but instead there was wax pushed up against my ear drum. The nurse cleaned it out rather vigorously. My ear is still sore but for a different reason and it is still muffled a bit. But she says she can see the ear drum and it is clear. My ear feels swollen probably from all the water forcefully hitting the ear drum and ear canal. She did say it will take awhile for it to normalize. I am not patient. I probably would not go back there again. She was OK but I was not impressed. Kenny has used them for the kids so I figured I would try it.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning. it's in the low 40's right now but supposed to go into the 70's this afternoon.

I like Aldi's but I go in there with no expectations. I did find the Marsala sauce from last year and got a few jars. I don't get meat there as I am weird about meat but I do like the produce usually and the bread is cheap. Jim used to get all his cereal and snack foods there when he still worked. I do go there for baking supplies though. It's more of a supplemental store for me.

@Snowysmom - I have had my ears flushed more times than I can remember because of impacted wax issues. It seems like its vigorous at the ear drs. but they use a pressurized flush and thankfully the last one let me get hearing aids. It may take a few days to feel normal again. I was just happy that I didn't feel like I was underwater anymore.

Not much going on here today. Resting my knee as it is still hurting and a bit swollen. I am used to it and should be feeling better in a week or so.

Have a good day,

I went to an Aldi's once and was not impressed. I did buy some knockoff wheat thins which were surprisingly good.
I agree about their store brands! DS likes these:
IMG_1025.jpeg
just as much as the Girl Scout ones!

I've also had great luck with fruit there, and found really good prices on nuts. I wish there was one closer to me.

Sorry about your ear. :hug:

Good Tuesday morning.🌧️

Left work early yesterday, just not feeling good. I was able to watch the eclipse from my backyard. It was pretty cool to see the moon moving like that 🌒. I didn't think about the temperature dropping. It went from 75 to 67 when the moon covered the sun.

Finished working from home and then I got caught up on my ironing. Watched the Reds game ⚾ and then switched over and watched the men's basketball finals 🏀. Finished off my taco salad for dinner.

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. We are already at 60 and going near 80 today.
Saw very little of the eclipse here, though the sky did darken and the temp dropped slightly. I only watched because it may be the last solar one I see.

I have the trash down to the street, have cleaned and put WD40 on all of the ceiling fans and opened the windows. I just got the shop vac out to do the inside of the car, hooked up the hose and turned the water on for the season outside. Going to wash the car after I do the inside. They are calling for a chance of rain for the next 3 days, but the bad birdies pooped on the 3 of the windows and it's easier just to wash the whole thing

Have a good day

1712670860948.png

Good morning everyone!

Shopping for food: Aldi is part of my plan as is Costco, Giant and Safeway.

Costco is my main shop. I get most of the meat there as well as cheeses, snacks, and some prepared foods and coffee pods. Plus numerous other things. I try to buy what I'll use and share if I know upfront using a whole package of something won't work. I share with older DD and my friend/neighbor.

Safeway is where I watch for specials and buy smaller amounts of items as needed. Safeway has Safeway For U, where they offer you a discount on things you've bought or might buy. Occasionally they will toss me a $5 of $50 or $5 off $30 or just $5 off. Usually they will offer me a little pet food discount that I will use, but they never have the larger amounts on display that I would buy, such as FF senior chicken pate for 82 cents a can. Anyway, I'll get some stuff for a reasonable price when I pay attention.

I go to Giant on occasion to pick up deli meat as I like Boars Head brand. Did this last weekend. I rarely get a discount, but I get what I want and usually spend about $50 including a particular bun I buy - brioche pull apart rolls from Capital Baking Company who claim they are a local Artisan Baker - that may be but I haven't really checked them out. The rolls have a slightly sweet taste like Kings Hawaiian (but better imho) and I make a little sandwich with turkey or ham plus cheese, tomato and maybe avocado. The ingredients don't cost 50, maybe 25 but before I leave the store I manage to toss at least $50 worth into my cart. Impulse shopping at it's finest.

Aldi is where I will grab a 'quick' purchase as it's easy to run in, get lemons and honey, like yesterday, for a hot drink for my DD who seems to have a cold. (Hope I don't catch this. She's also tested twice and is not positive for the big or little "C".) Told her it usually takes a cold about 2 weeks to clear but since we haven't suffered with viral illnesses in quite some time, it just feels never ending to her.

I also sometimes buy seasonal items such as frozen apple strudel and other stuff in this line. I'll bake one of the strudels and save the other for another day as one is all the two of us really need to eat. I really don't like to buy their milk because it's too 'cheap' and I've heard it under cuts the dairy business to the bone. Anyway, Costco is probably the same idea with cheaper milk. I also like to browse their aisle with here today, gone tomorrow stuff. I got a thin rug - the kind you throw in the washer - last year for $20 that I use in my entry to catch dirt. Color was perfect and it washes. Another item I will buy is crusty bread and some veggies plus the package of fondue they have. This is good with a glass of wine.

The fake girl scout cookies are excellent. Once I've made my required contribution to the GS troop at $5 a box, I'm free to buy the Benton's, lol.

They also sell greek yoghurt in a larger container that combined with the Simply Nature granola is very good. I buy the cranberry granola mix and the whole milk plain yoghurt.

Can't think of anything else right now.

With 4 days of Hello Fresh, I don't have to buy a whole lot extra, but let's just say, nobody here or visiting goes hungry and I really try to share rather than waste.

Our outside thermometer says 62°, but weather app says we’ll go up to 59° so, who knows what it’s really, here in CM! The fish are not really interested in eating, so not asking our house visitor to feed them when we’re gone.

We have SVdP meeting this afternoon.

It’s not easy for me to go to our Aldi’s and the only thing I ever bought there that we really liked was a ham. However, we tried one from there at least two other times, and they were definitely not as good. So, I don’t go to Aldi’s. We shop mostly at WalMart, ShopeRite or Acme. Fish we get from Local fish market.

Enjoy your day!

I forgot to comment on Aldi's. We only have a Super Walmart, Martins (Giant), Weis (can't stand), Save a Lot (rarely visit), and Aldi's. I do Aldi's and Walmart every week. I find Aldi's produce better than Walmart and a lot less $ than Martins. Their meat is good, I always watch for the weekly specials. Last week I got a prime rib marked down 50%. I got a huge $65 piece of meat for $32.40. I cut it into 3 sections and froze it. When they have their seasoned brisket I always grab 2. The only meat I don't care for there is the ground beef, I get that at Walmart. I like most of their store brands and they always have awesome non food items for much less than anywhere else. I bought a folding wheelbarrow there 2 weeks ago for $35. They were $75 and 80 at Lowes and Amazon. Their store brand cookies are good, especially the thin mint and peanut butter ones.
I wish we had a BJ's or Sams or Costco closer, but I'm not driving 45+ minutes to get to one.

The car is clean and shiny inside and out. I'm going to take the cats blankets off the swing and chairs on the front porch, wash them and store them till next winter. That's the extent of my to do list for today.

I called to reschedule the appt I had next week for my new primary care. It was with a male doctor and the more I thought about it, the less comfortable I felt. I called the number they had given me and no one answered. It happened yesterday too. I called the hospital's main # and she told me they gave me the wrong number..duh! I called the one she gave me and they answered on the first try. The guy I had the appt with was booked into next February, so I went with the female nurse practitioner the nurse recommended. I have an appt in June now. I feel better with a female.

Off to get those blankets in the wash and on the line, then I'm going to put the new deck chairs and table out and sit and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter