Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Yours went down, ours went up Snowysmom! :laughing: Who knows what we’ll end up with. Getting robocalls already about potential flooding today. And I can’t believe it but a dentist appt I’ve been waiting for forever got cancelled due to the storm (that hasn’t even hit yet)! I was headed there even if there was snow on the ground. So now have to deal with rescheduling that again - tomorrow, they said! 🙄 Ugh! Nothing outside so far, though. (Spoke too soon, it’s starting!)

I gave Toto his bath yesterday. It was a long one, and felt like my back was broken bending over the tub. I have to soak his lips (for over 30 mins), but he didn’t like it. And soak his rear end. I needed three hands, so DD helped me. I had to give him some Tums, too, as I could hear his stomach gurgling - he’s had bad gas! :faint: Once he was dry, I had to shave his mouth hairs. (And just did his butt hair.) He was upset with me. But he had his ‘bathrobe’ on all evening and snuggled up against my legs (as he is now). I feel bad we have to do this. I’m sure the kennel stay didn’t help. 🥲 If I were to ever build a house I would put in a dog wash area. I still have to give Grady a bath, too, post kennel stay. We won’t be able to blow the hairs off him outside today, though, so I’ll have to wait. You have to blow the hairs off a German Shepherd or it’s ridiculous trying to keep up with it.

I cooked pork roast last night with mango pepper jelly. We had mashed potatoes (only because DH and I had a miscommunication about it, was going to skip those), pork stuffing with apples, and Italian beans, my favorite. It was good. DD was working but we put a plate aside for her. DS was actually off and he enjoyed it. Now if I could just remember where I bought the mango pepper jelly. :scratchin It was a lot cheaper than the Stone-whatever one that we sometimes buy (garlic and onion jam). What I do is cook the meat with just salt, pepper and garlic powder, and put the jelly on it only in the last five minutes of cooking. Then I leave some jelly out to use while eating it, too. I like it that way, it’s flavorful and not dry. And probably better than a heavy gravy.

Well I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. 🐣 Will check in later.

IMG_6530.jpeg

IMG_6533.jpeg

PS I found the jelly on Amazon, but it seems expensive. I might’ve gotten it at Big Lots or Aldi’s.

The snow has started coming down at a pretty good clip here. Here is one of the kitties watching it:
View attachment 833696
Aww, cute! Our front screen door just blew open from the wind. Toto went nuts, so I had to show him that no one was there. He ran out onto the porch and was blowing around in the rain! :lmao: So he ran back in.

Going to be a blustery day! pooh:

Good morning everyone! I just had to step in to say that we received some really good news yesterday concerning Carol and her situation. That's all I really feel comfortable enough to say at the moment but wanted to tell you since ya'll have been so good about praying for her and the kids.

James is still doing well. He has a bone marrow test in April at his one year mark post transplant. He is feeling really good and has begun working out some in a gym.

Joe and I have both had an upper respiratory illness that has been going around. He had it first, I don't usually get whatever he has when he gets sick and vice versa since but this time I did. I'm just about over it, just a lingering cough.

We started out in the upper 30's but our high today is expected to be in the upper 50's, mostly sunny. The weatherman has talked a lot here about the weather a lot of you are receiving.

Cirque de Soleil has been in town and Joe and I went to see them on Sunday. The show we saw is called Crystal. It was performed on ice and very good. We've been to four or five of their shows over the last 10 years and have enjoyed every one. Our favorites so far has been OVO and Kurios.

I just finished Love On The Spectrum on Netflix last night. I have enjoyed watching this series. It just makes me feel so good inside. I'm going to try the one that takes place in Australia next.

Thank you so much for thinking of us, praying for us, your support strengthens me. Most times I don't feel like joining in but I do check in to see how everyone is doing. I'll try to stop in to chat more but no guarantees, this whole past year has been like a dark cloud over my head but the sun shines through occasionally. My faith has not wavered, patience is the key, all in His time. Prayers are being answered and we pray that more good news will be forthcoming and that the truth will be made known.

Good morning everyone! I just had to step in to say that we received some really good news yesterday concerning Carol and her situation. That's all I really feel comfortable enough to say at the moment but wanted to tell you since ya'll have been so good about praying for her and the kids.

James is still doing well. He has a bone marrow test in April at his one year mark post transplant. He is feeling really good and has begun working out some in a gym.

Joe and I have both had an upper respiratory illness that has been going around. He had it first, I don't usually get whatever he has when he gets sick and vice versa since but this time I did. I'm just about over it, just a lingering cough.

We started out in the upper 30's but our high today is expected to be in the upper 50's, mostly sunny. The weatherman has talked a lot here about the weather a lot of you are receiving.

Cirque de Soleil has been in town and Joe and I went to see them on Sunday. The show we saw is called Crystal. It was performed on ice and very good. We've been to four or five of their shows over the last 10 years and have enjoyed every one. Our favorites so far has been OVO and Kurios.

I just finished Love On The Spectrum on Netflix last night. I have enjoyed watching this series. It just makes me feel so good inside. I'm going to try the one that takes place in Australia next.

Thank you so much for thinking of us, praying for us, your support strengthens me. Most times I don't feel like joining in but I do check in to see how everyone is doing. I'll try to stop in to chat more but no guarantees, this whole past year has been like a dark cloud over my head but the sun shines through occasionally. My faith has not wavered, patience is the key, all in His time. Prayers are being answered and we pray that more good news will be forthcoming and that the truth will be made known.
Nice to see you Kirby. I'm glad that Carol has finally gotten some good news. And very happy to hear that James is still doing well.
I wish we could like and dislike something at the same time on here. Sorry that you and Joe have been under the weather but glad that you are on the mend.

Do you know the name of the show on Netflix that you said takes place in Australia? I'm looking for new things to watch. TIA

Drop in whenever you feel like it. Just to say hi is fine, because we miss you!

Good Morning and prayers each of you journey this Holy Season of Lent that starts tomorrow, closer to God. He is forever with you. By His Love extension and making us a family, I care, too, you know that.

Snowysmom love and🙏for health and of course safety always to you and your family. I would not do well living in true wintry weather. Cool enough here at times. Please stay warm and well, all of you.

Footballmouse:hug:glad your washer is fixed. I hope Mitchell had a very Happy Birthday, too. He along with all of your family are blessed to have you. We are to know you.
Pea, Toto:dogdance: prayers and forever you prayers, my friend you know that. I'm also glad your dinner turned out so tasty.

PollyannaMom, what a fantastic picture. Your🐈 has his watchful gaze on his neighborhood all right!

Kirby, just❤️and extra prayer. Praise always to God. I'm so thankful to Him that your faith has remained steady, He is with you, dear friend, forever and absolutely beside James and your precious grandkids too. It warmed my heart to read of happier news for them at last!

Lynn, please enjoy whatever you watch on📺Take care to get good 🛌I hear you though. I typically, grace of God, am now sleeping a ton better, only really get up twice during the night as the third time it's get up time for me anyway. Colder weather=stiffer a bit achier under knee leg muscles that require my being up a bit more, dad understands, he is the same way with his own joints. I generally am up by 4:30 or so and just am resting in the recliner chair. Pray, of course. I also sometimes check on here and may watch something upbeat on my Kindle. Did any of you back in the 90's (I watched in reruns in the early 2000's) watch a small PAX TV Show called It's a Miracle with Richard Thomas? Grandma and I both enjoyed that show. I watched an episode of it this morning. After breakfast when I'm feeling cozy and warm, I am so graced to get to rest/sleep easily here at the table always a good hour, so I do catch up that way.

Quiet early morning here otherwise, blessed new day that God has gifted me. I pray to rejoice and be of kind witness in it. I'm going to start in earnest making health related calls, prayers appreciated. Thank you. Dad is currently at the laundromat.

A ::MickeyMofun note. Dad and I were talking about Disneyland yesterday. As I have shared, God has absolutely blessed us with a much greater ability to go. Dad and I were thinking about Spring either just before or after my birthday. Disneyland is currently offering a SoCal Resident 3-Day 1 park (We have no interest in CA Adventure, only Disneyland) per day ticket at a discounted price. The offer is valid through the first few days of June only. Thanks to God's small miracle again to us of blessing this by having family and friends completely out of the blue, other than my cousin who said she would, contribute to this as a birthday gift for dad, affordability is now possible. The same with a 2-night Anaheim hotel stay. Yes, we only live 45 minutes away from DL. Being able to stay a couple nights will enable us to rest while still enjoying DL a few morning hours. Blessing to even be able to consider. Whether we go or not to me is in a way secondary. Sincerely what grace of how He connected this together!

Normally as I may have shared in the past, I would prefer to spend my birthday at home quietly. God brought an extra smile to my heart when I reflected on my daily prayer that I be sent by Him in all ways, always. This time of pandemic truly has reinforced to ne how precious every moment is. Each day is indeed a gift of life to rejoice, be glad, and give thanks in. Don't wait until tomorrow, next week or year to make a kind difference, follow His call, and let someone else touch your life. Definitely embrace each day extra with those you love.

The above was a long winded, I know, but I pray also meaningful tiny way for me to say each day counts. Dad and I have been through and by God's sheer mercy and love alone overcome a lot especially my beloved dad the last few years. We have, from Christ, this extra joy of time together in relative health now, time to celebrate now not wait! I had originally kept as a goal going to DL the week of May 6th or May 13th. Either would be before Memorial Day, during the promotion, and right around or just after my birthday, it would be a way to belatedly also celebrate dad's birthday in an extra way to since our being able to go was absolutely made possible by birthday gifts to him. Last night, I realized that I have wanted to go to Disneyland at least one more time on my actual birthday. Just something extra special to me about doing that, not that I am in any way someone who ever wants attention lol the opposite! Just a fun feeling to be at a special place on your birthday as all of you may know from your own experiences! So, God willing should it be His call first and foremost always and will, and dad and I have the health and peace of mind (feel comfortable pandemic wise being there, we do not right now) we're going to visit ::MickeyMo::MinnieMoon my birthday. Why not, right? The downside is the weekend special discount is higher. We'd go Sunday-Tuesday, Homebody me (I absolutely always prefer to be home especially at night) realized that it might be more relaxing to get to Anaheim on Saturday so we would wake up by DL on my birthday Sunday already there and having the ECV plus food for our stay. That, of course, adds the huge expense to us of another hotel night, something to consider, we have time. What a blessing to have options period. Thank you all for listening :)

I will check in later. Love to all.

Last edited:

Thank you both so much dear PollyannaMom (love the image) and Footballmouse. As l Iong as we have the health and feel comfortable being in a crowd we will go. We have time to try and save for the extra hotel night and ticket difference. I also had the idea to find out whether DL is a Gift Card choice from our bank credit card rewards. I will keep all of you updated and appreciate your encouragenent. Hugs!

Good evening everyone

Cold day here and what was supposed to be rain started that way, turned to sleet and then heavy snow. Thankfully not a lot of accumulation and the sun came out by noon. Even my non sunny side of the street was almost snow free by 3. I hope it's the last of the winter weather for the year but somehow think we may get one more storm. As long as it doesn't stop me from going to DIsney World or occur while I'm there. I don't trust my husband to not go out and shovel.

We have been disagreeing quite a bit the last 2 days and I'm not sure if I should be upset with him anymore. As I have mentioned he had 2 strokes almost 7 years ago. They left him with residual damage that we can all see but he can't acknowledge. He has balance issues and numbness on his one side. He fell about a month ago because he insists on taking out the trash, in the DARK using a cane and holding on to a railing AFTER I am in bed. He swore he wasn't hurt and in fact never told me about the fall. I found out from a neighbor a week later. All doctors have given him orders he is not to take out the trash anymore because he needs to go down 5 steps out of the house, 2 steps at the entry and another 5 steps to the driveway where the receptacles are.

The disagreement is because I want him to use a Rollator Walker when we go out. He can use the cane in the house even though he relies on it so heavily it has a small bend in it now. He will use the clunky walker we have from the strokes but that one is horrible. If you have ever seen the original Vacation Movie with Aunt Edna that is what he looks like. I took a consensus of my kids and the older grandkids and they all asked me "Have you seen him walk?" We all know he needs it. I have gone so far as to threaten cancelling him from the Alaskan Cruise. He thinks I am emasculating him when all I am trying to do is keep him safe. And he did get bruised when he fell. I had to bring his phone up to him earlier today and he has 2 very large bruises on his back. I get that his disability is hard to accept but I don't know what else to do and I don't want to keep nagging him.

Oh well thanks for just letting me unload a bit. It helps.

@Kirby - so nice to hear you have had some good news lately.

Have a good night

@TazDev So sorry you are having disagreements with your DH. I can understand that it is hard for him with all the changes in his life over the past few years. But, he needs to take care of himself for himself and his family. Everyone wants him to take care and be there. Walkers have changed alot over the years and a rollator is a good choice. I see people out and around with walkers every day and honestly, no one thinks twice about it. I think it is great that they have a choice to be out and around and active. I hope he takes care.

@flyingdumbo127 A trip to DL would be wonderful for you and your Dad. I agree that having a hotel room would allow you more freedom with arriving when you need to and a place to go to rest. I love Pollyanna Mom's picture of you and your Dad at DL.

Good morning. Cold here after the bit of snow we got. I had to shovel by front walk and stairs myself. I went out to move a chunk of snow from where they plowed my driveway and saw it had not been shoveled. It looked like everyone else had their walkway done. At least it was only 1-2 inches of snow. They did come by later to salt the walkway and steps. I feel sometimes like I am the outcast here. I don't get emails and now my walkway is neglected. I am having a sprinkler inspection today because the condo manager said I was not here when they did it in Dec. I asked my neighbor if she got an email about it and sure enough, she did. I did not. I let the manager know that she needs to be sure I am on the distribution list. She said the inspection will be between 8:30 and 4:30. I told her I am here until 2:30 and if it needs to be rescheduled then so be it. I have to pick up Kenny's kids at the bus and that is my top priority. I don't see this condo complex as my long term place to live. I will try to stay long enough to get the 2 years in for tax purposes and then see where I go. Maybe once the residents take over the HOA things will get better. I will wait and see. I still think I may go back to the area where Chris and I lived once I can do so without pain and heartbreak.

Have a good day.

Happy Ash Wednesday.

Nothing exciting going on. Weather is still the same, mid-40's and no snow (which I'm happy about).☃️

Had to rearrange my breakfast this morning 🤔. Usually I have and egg and bacon or oatmeal and bacon, since I can't have bacon today I just went with oatmeal and strawberries and then a hard boiled egg for a snack later on. I was running early this morning so I decided to stop at Dunkin and get myself a Chai Latte. It just doesn't taste right, don't think I'll even be able to finish it. That was $5 wasted.>:(

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

:grouphug:Snowysmom🕊️always love , you know that. I sincerely pray you receive support and that work needed is completed! Thank you again so much. Dad and I are looking forward to DL. Prayers we have the health to go and also feel comfortable being there. It is only mid February :)

Footballmouse:hug:I'm sorry your breakfast treat was a let-down :( May you have a brighter day ahead.

Happy Valentine's Day, dear Quackers and Ash Wednesday Peace, too. I will check back later.b

Good morning. Happy Valentine's Day!

No snow yesterday, this morning we have little powdered balls of snow, and it's cold outside.

Summer went to see the podiatric surgeon yesterday, and he told her she has neuropathy in her feet and hands. He wants her to use arm cane crutches, put in an order for them, but she says she's not going to use them. She's going shopping with me today, I'm surprised she can still move as much as she does, but she doesn't stop.

Off to the market, have a great day

1707920332132.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter