Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good afternoon to you all.
Lynn, I hope today brought you some peace and being around family helps you thru the next few days.

Not a whole lot going on. Getting ready to gear up for Thanksgiving. Trying to figure out my tables & seating configurations. Gotta finalize my menu and create a outline, and then a final grocery list for this weekend...yeah, I approach it like a English paper :idea: . I'll wash all my Thanksgiving linens and count my china plates again...I think I'm 1 short, I've got 15 plates and 16 people coming over. I am thinking of giving my 7 year old niece one of the salad plates instead - then I won't be short. As you can see I'm waaayyyy to neurotic about the day. Obviously no one cares about their plate - except me! I'm trying to relax and approach it with a bit more chill I promise! Anyhow, big grocery shop this weekend. My folks get into town Sunday sometime. Husband picked up a new TV for their in-law suite this afternoon, so I guess we will put that up this evening or tomorrow. I've got to turn the heat up on their side as well, and turn the gas back on to their fireplace...living in the Bahamas for so long, and now in Florida they like it warm -actually stiflingly hot!
We welcomed a new foster pup last weekend, a 2 year old frenchie who was surrendered because another dog in her household kept attacking her. She's a bit of a unicorn - healthy (none of the usual bull dog skin issues, or known health issues) already spayed and up to date w/ her vaccines. No behavioral issues, crate & house trained plus she's young...so after I get her to the vet on the 24th (first appt. I could get) I anticipate she'll be up for adoption. I'll share her info with anyone once she's officially on the market, in case anyone knows anyone in the mid-atlantic or northeast who is interested. She's a compact, small little wiggle butt for sure! Super cute!
Eldest son is 28 today. Don't know how my husband got to be so old that he has a 28 year old son:rolleyes:::yes:: haha!!
Got a new spot cleaner for carpet/upholstery cleaner machine thing that I may try out this evening as well. Got it about a week ago and haven't taken it out of the box yet, but I need to. Before I know it I'll be out of time to get the clean up chores done before Thanksgiving.
Dinner tonight will be sauteed chicken breast - I'm not sure if we will have it over rice with a curry sauce or just over a salad. Either way I'll heat up some naan I have in the freezer to go along with it.

It was a long day, and I'm tired, but I'm calm and at peace. When we got to the funeral home this morning. I was standing at the table they had his ashes on, putting his picture and my jar of pickled eggs on it, when they started the playlist I had requested. The first song they played was Cross My Heart, which was 'our' song, and I lost it for a minute. I was the only one in the room with the ashes listening to it. There was only 1 flower arrangement there, from Friends Aware where Don retired from. I realized that the flowers I had ordered weren't there. I called the florist and she said we don't deliver a day early (despite their telling me I had to put a date, and I put yesterday. It was 20 of 10 at that time. She said he's on his way there right now. About 5 minutes later, the van pulled up and a ton of flowers came out. There were some from Allegany High School where he graduated and where his brother taught for almost 40 years. Ben's restaurant in Ocean City sent a beautiful bouquet, Don's brother and sister in FL sent a huge gorgeous one. There was a dish garden we had no idea who sent, until Ben remembered the name. When Don worked for Super Fresh there was a district manager with this name. He died, but his son sent flowers to us. Libi, Don's boss from Friends aware sent a dozen beautiful yellow roses for friendship. She asked me to give one to each of the 7 grandchildren and Summer, Luke, Ben and Marcella and keep the other 2 for myself. There were others from people I didn't know. I had to call the florist and get names and addresses for thank you cards.
Gracie sang beautifully. I have never seen Luke emotional before, but even he was crying when we first got there.
The luncheon was very nice too. My sister in law insisted she fill a plate for me to bring home so I didn't have to cook tonight either.

Ben, Luke, Marcella and Taylor just left. They were here for almost 4 hours. The boys got the wall mount up and hooked up the new tv and the new dvd player, and plugged everything in. Everything works perfectly and is even paired with the streaming box remote that wouldn't turn my old tv on or off all of a sudden. Then they took the roll top desk out to the garden for me to burn in the spring. I'm tired and I think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Thank you all once again for supporting me through the last week and a half. It really helped!
Lynn

Good morning, All

The week is moving faster than I thought. Believe it or not I was sure there were two more weeks until the fourth Thursday of the month. Finished my food shopping, turkey breast brining in the cooler, greens soaking in the sink and green beans blanched. Things are moving along nicely and hopefully the meal will be on its way to NC by Saturday.

Had a parting of the ways with my regular home attendant; knew it was coming thus anticlimactic when it did. Wish her well in her future endeavors anddddd hope she finds the SAH little old lady of her dreams cuz it ain’t me, LOL.

My new person is a neophyte in the healthcare industry so hopefully we can learn and work together for the next year or so. The pandemic really slowed down my recovery time; expected to be out of this demned wheelchair by now yet there is still hope. Current home attendant looks forward to studying English, acquiring her GED, and ultimately become a nurse. I explained my healthcare exit plan and it seems to coalesce with her needs. Would be great to have someone with a vested interest in my wellbeing.

Playtime is almost over so back to kitchen detail. I need to gather my cooking tools together for baking. Making my baked goods now will free up the oven for later use and onward we go.

Remember to be your best, people!

Lynn The service and luncheon sound like they were peaceful and comforting. So good to have your family and friends with you. I am glad Ben and Luke kept you company for a while and got your TV set up. Beautiful flowers. I hope you get some rest and some peace.

Good morning from my office. I was not sure if route 3 would be open due to the tanker accident yesterday so I left really early thinking I would have to take back roads. They got the road open both ways for rush hour this morning and then will do off and on closures to do some cleanup. I will go back to the condo route 93 to 495. I have to pick up the kids at the bus again today. Last night I made mac and cheese for dinner for everyone. Tonight they said maybe takeout.

Have a good day. Need to do some work.

Good morning.:sunny:

Lynxstch - glad everything went well yesterday and you were happy with the flowers. 💐

Easyas - happy birthday to your son!:bday:

Went to a craft fair at the hospital yesterday. All proceeds go back to the hospital. I ended up buying a few things and then I hit up the bake sale and bought the boys each a loaf of banana bread and a loaf of cranberry bread for myself.🍞

I think I've decided that we're going to have Thanksgiving breakfast next week instead of a lunch or going out. Everyone can bring something and I'll make a few things.🧇🥓

Need to take Boomer to the vet for his yearly check up tonight 💉. It's a late appointment so we need to hustle so I'm home in time for the football game, Bengals play tonight instead of Sunday.🏈

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. Going to be 70 degrees today. I have to drop off a death certificate at the insurance company, get a couple of groceries (mostly for the cats), and do one other errand. Luke and family and Ben are all going to come over before they head for home today. Then I am going to get the riding mower out and clean up the leaves one more time. Then I'll let both mowers run until the gas is gone, and take the battery out of the rider and put it in the cellar. One more thing off my to do list. Don's boss asked me who our handyman was because she needs a new window put in her garage. I called Dave and asked if it was okay to give her his number, I never do it without asking first. He was sad to hear about Don. They always got along well, and we've known Dave since 2001 when we bought this house. Summer needs to come over today and get her box of stuff, and anything out of the fridge they eat that I don't.
I guess today will be the first day of what my new normal will be, now that things have settled down some
I did manage to get almost 8 hours of sleep last night, which is more than I've had in quite a while.

@PollyannaMom I hope your DH and DS feel better soon, and that you don't catch whatever it is!

Have a good day all

1700142366627.png

Good morning.

We did a road trip to lower slower Delaware. First stop was Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge for some bird watching. Unfortunately they were closed for a deer hunt. Then headed down to Dover to go to a light store. We need a new fixture in our foyer and there are surprisingly few lighting store. The store was closed for lunch break. Strike two. We drove out to Prime Hook Wildlife Refuge and did see a few birds. Then to Milton for lunch at Dogfish Head Brewery, which was good, (I am putting all the towns in for @easyas123 ) Started back north and got to the light store before it closed. Didn't buy but they definitively had some we liked. On up the road to Willey's Farm Store and bought a couple of gifts for grandkids. Then home.

Lynn, I'm glad yesterday went as well as it could.

@PollyannaMom , I hope your family doesn't share and they get well soon.

Bengals play tonight instead of Sunday.🏈
You have that wrong, the Ravens play tonight.😉

Good morning.

We did a road trip to lower slower Delaware. First stop was Bombay Hook Wildlife Refuge for some bird watching. Unfortunately they were closed for a deer hunt. Then headed down to Dover to go to a light store. We need a new fixture in our foyer and there are surprisingly few lighting store. The store was closed for lunch break. Strike two. We drove out to Prime Hook Wildlife Refuge and did see a few birds. Then to Milton for lunch at Dogfish Head Brewery, which was good, (I am putting all the towns in for @easyas123 ) Started back north and got to the light store before it closed. Didn't buy but they definitively had some we liked. On up the road to Willey's Farm Store and bought a couple of gifts for grandkids. Then home.

Lynn, I'm glad yesterday went as well as it could.

@PollyannaMom , I hope your family doesn't share and they get well soon.

You have that wrong, the Ravens play tonight.😉
Don's oldest son used to be the manager there years ago, I know where you were talking about too, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter