Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I'm on a roll this morning. Trash is down to the street (those guys are going to hate me for awhile, bigger pile than usual). I've decided it's time to really start getting rid of stuff that is never used anymore. I don't want to leave a mess for anyone to have to deal with when it's my time.

My hair is colored, the pickled eggs are done. Boxes are packed with food for the food pantry at Summer's church. I called the insurance agent to find out what I needed to do to cancel his health insurance. She will take care of it when she has a death certificate. I don't want to be dealing with all of this for months, I want to know what I need to do now and have it done. I've crossed off half my list so far.

Summer got the bags to dispose of the meds, I cancelled the newspaper for when we reach our paid date, which I believe is the middle of Dec. I put a stop on the automatic withdrawal at the bank for that amount, since they already took out November.

They just came and took all the oxygen equipment, so one more thing crossed off the list. Working on the annuity paper now. Not bad for 10:30 in the morning

Off to finish vacuuming and washing the kitchen floor. If I keep busy, it's easier!

Lynn You had such a busy day yesterday. Thinking of you today. :grouphug:

Good morning. It is 27 here now and expected to go into the upper 40s. It will be getting warmer the next couple of days. So far the furnace seems OK. It actually seems to be working better than it was but I am not going to say that too loudly and knock on wood as I say it. I will be picking up Kenny's kids at the bus today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is also my in the office day. I really do not like driving so early in the AM but rush hour traffic is worse.

Have a good day.

Good morning Didnt sleep well, and my heart started racing in the middle of the night. I thought I was going to end up in the er. I said some prayers and took an extra one of my meds and it stopped. I think everything is just hitting me, and between grief, sadness, stress, and a broken heart I was just waiting for it. Okay this morning though

I am not looking forward to today one little bit.

Have a nice day everyone

Good morning.🍂

My cough is back and it brought a headache with it. I don't know why I keep coughing, started again yesterday and all through the night.🤒

Didn't do anything last night. I was tired at 7:00 but made myself stay awake. I should have went to bed at 8:00 but lost track of time and ended up watching the new NCIS show. Fell right to sleep at 9:00 when I went to bed.😴

Short and to the point today. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning Didnt sleep well, and my heart started racing in the middle of the night. I thought I was going to end up in the er. I said some prayers and took an extra one of my meds and it stopped. I think everything is just hitting me, and between grief, sadness, stress, and a broken heart I was just waiting for it. Okay this morning though

I am not looking forward to today one little bit.

Have a nice day everyone
Hugs and wishing that the day goes okay.

It wouldn't be normal if you didn't have some heart racing/anxiety on this day.

Once it hits and you go through it hopefully the healing will start. It's not a quick process.

I called my cardiologist and he says he thinks it was a panic attack, but to let him know if it happens again and he'll change a med or increase the doseage on one of them. I feel okay today, except I have a headache. I'm showered and dressed, and the cats are fed. Just waiting for Summer to get here. She doesn't want me driving today, bless her. She did most of the work on the picture boards yesterday. Her attitude has done a 360 thankfully.

I've got the dishwasher emptied and a few things loaded. Swiffered the kitchen and stripped my sofa off it's big throw that I use to keep cats and kids from destroying it. It is really a cheap bed comforter that is thin. It's an autumn print with a dark background and this is it's first time through the washer. Hopefully it won't come out all wrinkly because I want to turn it over to the plain side. Right now it's covered with something temporary for the day as anyone with indoor cats and dogs know how this goes.

Then I sat down and odered a 36x18x72 inch tall chrome colored shelving unit with wheels for my kitchen. I'm so tired of moving stuff to clean up 'that' corner next to my fridge. Stuffed there are 2 counter stools, and two small rollaways. But, stuff ends up on the floor like 35 can coke packages for DD, and various other stuff. I have plenty of space and quite a bit of organization but there is never enough. Wish I had a pantry that would have a closed door access. Not going to happen so I'll try this and see if it works better. Probably should purge some pots and pans.

Moving on, I'm itching to put up my Xmas tree because it's new. Trying to hold out until either after my trip or if I can't manage that, at least after Thanksgiving! I'm like a kid!

Oh, and another issue: DD made a chocolate cake last night from a Betty Crocker mix. She did it 'right' but I thought it was tasteless. Also, skimpy in our 9x13 pan. It didn't have a cakey consistency even with frosting, just too light, if you get what I mean. We rarely do cake mixes so maybe I'm just not used to this.

Fast forward to this morning and I'm awake at 3am reading drivel on my laptop while still in bed. An article and a tiktok about Betty Crocker cake mixes and that they reduced the size of the ingredients like 16 ounces to 14 ounces (approximately) but you still use the same amount of water,eggs,etc! That would certainly seem to account for the lack of body this cake had!

If I buy any more mixes, I'll be looking to see what Duncan Hines and Pillsbury are doing, but I'll probably just mix up my own if I can find cake flour.

Oh, and why I bought the mix - couldn't find cake flour! I only bake occasionally. It's on Amazon but I don't need 5 packs of the one I want.

Last edited:
Lynn, broken heart syndrome can be real, so let’s keep an eye on that, ok? 🤕 Thinking of you today. :flower3: Don’t have any caffeine! And try to maybe slow it down a bit, get some rest when you get home and over the coming days! I know you like to keep busy but all that adrenaline and other hormones might be having an effect on your heart and encouraging it to race. Hugs.

Snowysmom, that was almost a miracle fix if that takes care of the problem. Thank God. I really want you to love your place and feel at peace there.

Flyingdumbo, I hope you are making progress on getting an appt for your feet. Not going to ask if they’re better because I know they’re not. 😐

Footballmouse, sorry your cough is back. Are you taking robitussin or Mucinex? That gucky pllegm that arrived with us int he past few years can be tough, and last for weeks. You can also try that arm and hammer saline spray, follow directions, to get some of the guck out of the back of your nose and throat, if you think that’s the issue, if you’re having discomfort there or if you’re feeling no satisfaction when you cough. (Lol)

Hugs to all.

Well my vet bill yesterday was $800. This is getting ridiculous. Vet wanted to start Toto on some heavy duty meds for his skin issues and I said no, we’re rolling our sleeves up and going back to old fashioned care. It will take a lot of work, but hopefully it helps. Worried about kenneling him for our upcoming trips, but even if he was home, I think he’d be stressed if we’re gone. Poor guy. His birthday is in a few days, he’ll be 10. SIL told me she spent $4K at the vet’s recently, too, so I don’t feel so bad. Veterinary prices have just really gone up, as has food and medicine. Probably not a surprise shelters are fuller than ever now, which makes me so sad.

Have a good day today. 🐥 Lynn, we’re with you In spirit today.

Carol, I love that also! Thank you for saying that. Dear Lynn, in spirit we all absolutely are with you! You know I wish I lived closer so that I could physically be present. Through God's love we all are there. 💓

Feel better dear Footballmouse🙏

Judique, when I enjoyed eating cake mixes, it sure was challenging to find one that tasted good and moist. I hope you are able to come across as tasty :cake:

Happy Wednesday to all with a :grouphug:always. Thank you always for your feet prayers. Leaving it at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter