Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Lynn :grouphug: It sounds like Summer needs to figure out her feelings and how to deal with them. You need to take care of you right now. It is normal to have so many feelings right now. There is no right or wrong way to feel. It is up to you. Sometimes you just need to take it one minute at a time and take a deep breath now and then. Your little kitty is so sweet and seems like she wants to comfort you.

I am not sure how to take someone off following. I did click on my user name and saw ignoring so not sure if that would work. There is also a choice for privacy but not sure what that does.

I'm reading through messages, posts, and texts this morning and even through all of my tears, I am feeling all of the support, care, and love, even from people I've never met in person. So many people Don worked with at Friends Aware are posting messages on his facebook and mine that I've met or never met, and how he touched every single one of them.

The house is too empty and quiet. Our one little cat, Half Pint, who was Don's 'lap cat' has been sitting in front of me not moving and last night she climbed into my lap, something she never does. At the moment, she's sitting on the desk, right in front of me, just laying there. Somehow, she knows.

Summer has gone radio silent on me since last night. I was worried about her and the kids. She won't answer my phone calls or texts. She didn't deal with things well yesterday and everyone has mentioned her being a drama queen. I know she had to handle things in her own way, but she took time away from me with him that I can never get back. I wasn't going to cause a scene in front of Don, so I had to leave the room. I was in the hallway being comforted by nurses and strangers, and it hurts. I feel resentment towards her right now, and I don't want these feelings. I'm mad at the world right now. The only one I'm not mad at is God. He put Don on this earth for a reason, and he took him to Heaven for another reason. That's the only peace I have right now.

His brother and sister in law in FL called me and talked for 40 minutes last night. They aren't able to come up for the service as they are both teachers, but they are planting a tree in their yard in Don's memory.

I thank each and every one of you.

As an off note, do you know how to remove someone who is following you on the DIS for no apparent reason all of a sudden. My mind isn't working right and I can't figure out how to. I don't know them, they aren't posting on this thread or any other thread I ever read, but it says they are now following me.

I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get unfollowed. It may be by making your account only available to those you allow. But - then they can search for your posts.

This is one of the reasons I don't post personal pictures anymore. Too much weird out there.

****Okay, took a look and the only suggestion I found is use 'ignore'.
You can also change your privacy settings but I don't know if that will hold back the 'following'.

I found that I was following two members. One was credit card related 'Amex Rat' - supposedly an Amex insider. The other was a name I have no memory off with no posts at all.

I also had one DVC member on 'ignore'. Don't remember why, but I've been here over 20 years so who knows what irritated me. I've gotten both more careful and better at 'moving on' and not getting dragged into stuff.

If this continues to bother you, contact a webmaster and ask for a suggestion.

PS: Summer will have to work through her own stuff. Her loss - support wise I mean. It's time to focus on you and Half Pint right now. Don't squeeze her too hard!

Lynn❤️I would also appreciate a link to Don's obituary. ITA with everyone's well said, kind and wise words. You absolutely went above and beyond to respect Don, his wishes, faith, and do the kind and right thing no matter what. Summer and other family members will come around. I keep them in prayer too. MUCH love all around and we are here!

Hugs to all this Saturday. I sure would appreciate continuing prayers. Lots of foot pain still. God willing I will have an appointment next week. Till then, I just am stuck still. No fun. Thank you for your continued extra care and prayers. I pray to give God thanks, trust and witness in all. I pray to try to be content in all circumstances, to know He uses all, even me, and even this trial of pain I'm in for good. He is with me always. as a human it is so hard to be hurting all the time. All this aid, please take care of yourselves, dear Quacker family and your feet! :grouphug:

I would also like to read Don’s obituary if you don’t mind. I’m thinking of you and trying to remember those early days, but I can’t recall a lot of it. Maybe that’s a good thing, the brain protects our heart sometimes. Please feel free to reach out anytime, you have now joined a club none of us want to☹️
As far as Summer goes, she’ll have to come to terms on her own, sounds like there may be some baggage there. The only person you need to take care of right now is you. Give yourself extra grace during this time.

Lynn❤️I would also appreciate a link to Don's obituary. ITA with everyone's well said, kind and wise words. You absolutely went above and beyond to respect Don, his wishes, faith, and do the kind and right thing no matter what. Summer and other family members will come around. I keep them in prayer too. MUCH love all around and we are here!

Hugs to all this Saturday. I sure would appreciate continuing prayers. Lots of foot pain still. God willing I will have an appointment next week. Till then, I just am stuck still. No fun. Thank you for your continued extra care and prayers. I pray to give God thanks, trust and witness in all. I pray to try to be content in all circumstances, to know He uses all, even me, and even this trial of pain I'm in for good. He is with me always. as a human it is so hard to be hurting all the time. All this aid, please take care of yourselves, dear Quacker family and your feet! :grouphug:
Already sent it to you Mona, you didn't have to ask. :)

Lynn Thinking of you today. :grouphug:

Good morning. Cold one here today, 26 degrees. BRRRR! Yesterday I ran around like a crazy person from store to store, walking outside, and going to Kenny's house to let his dog out while they were gone for the day. He does like to see me which is nice. I did get alot of stocking stuffers for the grandkids. Now to work on the kids. I went down to my basement yesterday to find a puddle of water a bit under and coming on the floor near the furnace. I know there is no water in the furnace. I called the mgmt co and got some guy. He first said it was groundwater coming up which got me a bit disturbed. Then he said he wasn't sure. He called back later to ask for a picture so they could see if it is a warranty issue. Duh! I have lived here 5 weeks, of course it is. I googled the issue and it looks like it could be the condensation drain being blocked. They also attached a dehumidifier drain tube to the furnace so it could be that. I have not heard back after sending the picture so I will contact them again tomorrow. It looked like it was drying up yesterday afternoon but now it is back. I am going with the condensation drain blockage. And it is a new system! Every time I go into the basement I wonder what fresh disaster awaits me. I went through this at the old condo and I thought I was done. But life keeps throwing me curveballs. I am tired of throwing them back.

Kenny, his kids, and I are going to see Jeff today. Aimee and the girls are going to a Taylor Swift movie so it will be the boys and I.

Have a good Sunday.

I've decided to make TG a gift giving occasion for my 3 grandchildren.

Wasn't my intention but DD asked me to check for a certain kids jacket and I found it for the oldest. Next, I found a cute 4 piece set for the 14 month old.

Next time I see all three will be Thanksgiving, as far as I know. That means I now have to find a gift for the almost 7 year old. She's the fashionista so I'll look for a cute dress, probably. Then, I'll add something small and fun.

As I get older I think of my mortality, even though it's now my plan to make it to 90. At least. Haha, but my half brother's grandmother lived to 106 and we are also related in a different way to the grandma, lol. My children's grandpa is now 96 I think it is, but in a care home here in Maryland, so anything is possible. My own parents died much younger - heart attack for father and mostly diabetes for mother. Neither had to happen. However, all these risk factors are being considered in my treatment and I am very careful to try and follow by doing the right health related things.

I want my GD's to remember me, so I will try to create more memories. I wish my son's family could come for Easter next year but it's probably not going to happen. I'm going to pitch it on TG and book a room for a couple of nights just in case. They don't have to do parks if they don't want to. One of our best trips was after a cruise where we stayed at Polynesian and the kids swam and we went off site to Celebration for dinner one evening, and just had takeout from CCook's another day plus loads of in room snacks. I did order bread pudding from what's it called near 'Ohana - mobile order.

The biggest issue is my son gets antsy being away from home. He thinks a couple of nights twice a year is more than enough. DDiL would love to go, so there is a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter