Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:grouphug:to all and of course extra with love to Lynn!

Pollyannamom, your trip sounds like fun :)

Thank you all for your extra love and prayers always. It is frustrating. It's also plain hard I admit as a human to be hurting daily. I know the longer this goes on the longer it is prolonged (set in soreness) so it has to be nipped in the bud, it must be! Try more calls shortly.

Love to all.

PMing you soon dear Pea. I'm on the phone now with a possibility but not until Tuesday. In a nutshell, at the moment, I need an initial consult either by 📱or 🖥️Not able to navigate 🚶‍♀️well enough to go down the dozen or so stairs to the car. Otherwise, I absolutely appreciate (always appreciate you which I pray you know by now) your kindness and belief in me, encouragement! More to come.

Last edited:
Dear Quacker family.
Don passed away just before noon today. His body couldn't take any more. The boys didn't make it here, they were only half way when everything got too bad and I had to tell them to turn the vent off. He was gone in 5 minutes

Summer was a drama queen the entire time and had me so upset I had to leave the room and be comforted by nurses. Don's brother and his wife, and his sister and my niece were there, along with the pastor, and most of the nurses on the ICU floor. His brother and his wife from FL just called me and prayed with me on the phone.. They are both teachers in a seminary I think it is. They offered to come up, but I am having just a simple service as Don had wanted. They couldn't donate his body because of the mersa. So they are going to have a tree planted in his honor. They thanked me for taking care of him and asked me to stay in touch.

I am heartbroken and sad, and angry and so many other emotions, but I wanted to let my Quacker family know.
Thank you all for every bit of strength and comfort you've given me this week.

Lynn

Dear Lynn, I don’t know what to say, no words can take this pain away. Please just know that you did the very best for Don. In a weird way I kind of hope that my Kris, Snowy‘s Chris and your Don get to meet each other, I like the thought of them watching over us.

I bought a firestick for my TV, I was getting tired of watching shows on my phone. I only have a few streaming services so I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I've been watching a lot of shows on the streaming channels :happytv:.
Nice! You are like my DS18. He will be in his room watching a show on his phone with a nice 45" TV right there.
Glad you made the switch and can see you are enjoying it :-)

Lynn, what a difficult day. :hug: I’m glad you had people there who supported you. You are very strong, and did the right thing giving him a peaceful passing surrounded by people who loved him. Judique is right, Don said goodbye to his sons before he left home - so glad he did that. Please take care over the coming days. You know we’re here anytime. Big group hug all around. :grouphug: 🐥

Lynn, you've been an incredible example of In Sickness and In Health. You have exhibited strength I know many of us wondered if we would be possessed of, should we find ourselves in the same position. We've read your words these past years as you've brought us along on your journey of caring for Don, and in doing so you've shown us all your true spirit and proved yourself to have been the most competent and loving caretaker and advocate for Don.
That kind of caring doesn't go unnoticed, and I'm so very sure Don felt your love in those seemingly everyday tasks you did that made his days so much better. Your caring attention and advocacy of his needs carried him lovingly to his good night.
I am so sorry for your loss.

I can't decide if I even want to get dressed today. Fell asleep too early and woke up middle of the night and read about Don's passing. Cried a little because it made me sad. I'm pretty sentimental at times, but can hold up in public.

Got up, fed the kitties, had some coffee and let Dog and Kittykitty out. Dog was back in a jif and Kittykitty went to sit on the patio wall to watch a birdfeeder for any action.

I climbed back onto my bed. DD is asleep and won't emerge until later. She's not a breakfast person unless it includes meat. I rarely include meat in breakfast as I'm not a big meat eater.

My next Disney trip is in 3 weeks. It will be at Boardwalk with a couple of days at Hilton Head on the return trip. No friend to go with me this time. I have Boardwalk View scheduled and I'm hoping I get the newly renovated studio. There are now pictures out and it looks fresh. It has the new murphy bed if someone else were coming. This is a short visit, with only 3 nights at BW. I may add a night before I leave if anything pops up or stay at Swan or Swan Reserve for a night beforehand or even afterward. I'm flexible and it will depend on how I'm feeling and the weather. This was a 6 night trip and I stole points/nights to create a 6 night Easter trip with my girls.

The return to Hilton Head is also a chance to try the newly refurbed rooms if I'm lucky. In any case I'll get a walk on the sand in and a chance to enjoy the sea air.

Going down has not been booked yet. I need to do that reservation and I have quite a few points or credit options. Holding me back was the possibility of increasing the Disney stay at an offsite hotel. Got to get on with it! This trip will happen barring an emergency. The October one was canceled due to lack of interest by me - it was still nice here in Maryland and pretty hot in Florida! It was a no brainer to switch those points to Easter and enjoy my family going with me.

Anyway, just rambling on, so I'll say so long for now......

I'm reading through messages, posts, and texts this morning and even through all of my tears, I am feeling all of the support, care, and love, even from people I've never met in person. So many people Don worked with at Friends Aware are posting messages on his facebook and mine that I've met or never met, and how he touched every single one of them.

The house is too empty and quiet. Our one little cat, Half Pint, who was Don's 'lap cat' has been sitting in front of me not moving and last night she climbed into my lap, something she never does. At the moment, she's sitting on the desk, right in front of me, just laying there. Somehow, she knows.

Summer has gone radio silent on me since last night. I was worried about her and the kids. She won't answer my phone calls or texts. She didn't deal with things well yesterday and everyone has mentioned her being a drama queen. I know she had to handle things in her own way, but she took time away from me with him that I can never get back. I wasn't going to cause a scene in front of Don, so I had to leave the room. I was in the hallway being comforted by nurses and strangers, and it hurts. I feel resentment towards her right now, and I don't want these feelings. I'm mad at the world right now. The only one I'm not mad at is God. He put Don on this earth for a reason, and he took him to Heaven for another reason. That's the only peace I have right now.

His brother and sister in law in FL called me and talked for 40 minutes last night. They aren't able to come up for the service as they are both teachers, but they are planting a tree in their yard in Don's memory.

I thank each and every one of you.

As an off note, do you know how to remove someone who is following you on the DIS for no apparent reason all of a sudden. My mind isn't working right and I can't figure out how to. I don't know them, they aren't posting on this thread or any other thread I ever read, but it says they are now following me.

Should have kept rambling. A reminder email from Costco made me order a new Baggallini metro back pack. I ordered the black, but considered the gray as it would be a softer color. I also ordered an over sized Eddie Bauer full zip hoodie which I think will fit a friend as a small token Xmas gift. And a couple of pairs of the j sport slip on shoes for winter. I have a pair from last year and found them comfortable for running around with no worries if they get wet or dirty.

Costco has become my 'play' clothes provider. Yesterday I found 3 things in store on sale and spent $11. 2 tops and some gray stretchy pull on pants. My older DD is becoming the same way, shopping Costco for casual clothing. Younger DD is still more conscious of what's 'in'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter