Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@frog3101--sending many prayers to you and your family. Hope things work out for the best

Good morning all. Rained a little overnite, not the storms they predicted, and now no rain in the forecast today. Going to be 84 and muggy. I did all I had to do yesterday so it can do what it wants out there, lol.

Another fitful nite's sleep. Slept very soundly from 10-1. Hubby woke me to help him to the commode (he can get there on his own, just feels safer if I am standing close by). Went back to bed and slept from 1:30-4. Woke up to feed the cats and found Mr L still awake and watching tv. Said he tried to sleep 3x and only slept for 30 min. Those habits have to change before he starts sleeping in bed again, as I cannot deal with the for the long term. I went back to bed and slept from 5:15-7:15. Both of us will need a nap, probably 2 to make it through the day.

Only thing on my to do list is clean the bathrooms and if they don't get done till tomorrow its not a big deal. No point in washing the kitchen floor if 2-3 days of rain are coming,,I'll wait till its done

Going out to pick tomatoes in a bit. Dinner last nite was mini deep dish pizzas and a salad. Going to try a Bertolli's frozen Shrimp Scampi with linguini for dinner tonite

Have a great Sunday all. Hugs to all who need them, and continued prayers for all of you--

300981-Sundays-Are-Snuggle-Days.jpg

Happy Sunday. Typing with semi wet nails so hopefully no typos.

I must be on a lucky streak this weekend. The other day I mentioned that I won $50 on lottery scratch off tickets, I cashed those in last night for a couple of more tickets and gas money and this morning I scratched off $110. Yay me!!!! Plus I started a 1200 calorie diet (per my MD) and I weighed myself yesterday morning and lost 3 lbs. last week. Let's hope my streak continues!

Saw the weather forecast for next week in my area. We went from scorching 90's last week to 70's predicted all this coming week. Really?!

Back to work today. Having a retirement party for one of the MD's so hopefully no expectant moms decide to come in. I'm sure I just jinxed us!!!!

Have a good day :flower1:

Happy Sunday,

It feels cooler so far this morning and as though Fall is coming closer somehow. I look forward to watching worship either later or for sure tomorrow morning. I just finished reading Christian Random Acts of Kindness from the library. Years ago, as in the early 90's, I first read several of these smaller books printed by Conari Press. I had not heard of them since. It was good to check out these very short in some cases (a paragraph or so) story shares. I would recommend :)

Wishing all of you a good day! Lynn, I love the picture, so cute:tigger: pooh:

Sending prayers your way Frog.

I probably will not get another dog as much as I love them. I can't go through another ending of life phase. It is too heartbreaking for me. Plus we are getting older and if something happened to us what would happen to the dog. Our kids both have dogs and one of the dogs does not get along with others. I know caring for Jasper and having him in the house was calming and gave me a sense of purpose. I am finding that what is going on in the world and I mean everything is getting to be a bit much. I was hoping to have peaceful older years with being able to live my life my way but that seems to have been taken out of my hands and it bothers me. There are always new rules, new restrictions, and just plain bad things in the world. Sorry to be a downer today but I am frustrated by it all and really want to do something about it, but obviously I can't. Plus I found out yesterday that the person who was supposed to fill in for me at work did not really do much. It makes my return to work tomorrow much more stressful. In fact I am going to log on today to try to get a head start on things. Vent over. It does help to be able to vent here as everyone is so kind and caring. Thanks!

We did have a nice vacation at the condo from Sunday to Thursday. I loved having the kids and grandkids running around. Storyland was fun and walking in the NH woods was peaceful. We go to North Conway in the Fall and that is a relaxing trip with some walks and shopping. I am looking forward to that.

Have a nice Sunday!

Sending prayers your way Frog.

I probably will not get another dog as much as I love them. I can't go through another ending of life phase. It is too heartbreaking for me. Plus we are getting older and if something happened to us what would happen to the dog. Our kids both have dogs and one of the dogs does not get along with others. I know caring for Jasper and having him in the house was calming and gave me a sense of purpose. I am finding that what is going on in the world and I mean everything is getting to be a bit much. I was hoping to have peaceful older years with being able to live my life my way but that seems to have been taken out of my hands and it bothers me. There are always new rules, new restrictions, and just plain bad things in the world. Sorry to be a downer today but I am frustrated by it all and really want to do something about it, but obviously I can't. Plus I found out yesterday that the person who was supposed to fill in for me at work did not really do much. It makes my return to work tomorrow much more stressful. In fact I am going to log on today to try to get a head start on things. Vent over. It does help to be able to vent here as everyone is so kind and caring. Thanks!

We did have a nice vacation at the condo from Sunday to Thursday. I loved having the kids and grandkids running around. Storyland was fun and walking in the NH woods was peaceful. We go to North Conway in the Fall and that is a relaxing trip with some walks and shopping. I am looking forward to that.

Have a nice Sunday!
I understand how you feel. :hug: We are in a tough place globally right now. Just about everyone I know is feeling the stress. I know I am. Work has just added to it. I saw an article yesterday, though, that was talking about how relationships are the thing that is most important right now, and I agree. Having the support of friends, family, neighbors and coworkers (and I’ll add, pets) makes all the difference. And of course, looking forward to a vacation or other event! These are the things that keep us going.

Maybe some day, if the right pet comes along and it feels right, you might reconsider. I worry, too, about what will happen to our pets if something happens to us. Before one trip a couple of years ago, I actually wrote on a piece of paper the names of two people I would want to take Toto, and who I would NOT want him to go to, lol. I checked with these people just to make sure beforehand. Neither are family, but people I know who would love him and care for him the way we do, OR, find him another home like that, as they see fit. (And I know both of our kids would keep him, as well, but being young-ish, not sure what they’re living/work situation would be.) So I think there can be practical solutions to those problems, and a relationship with a good kennel is a must, as well. For a healthy dog, a kennel is ok. (But difficult, I know, for an elderly or sick dog, been there several times myself.) It’s not home, but we can go away knowing they’re safe and well cared for. We had a (great) pet sitter last trip and our son who was home due to work, but Toto still had some accidents, probably because he was nervous that his routine was disrupted, etc. Decided that next time he’s better off in the kennel as he’s bored and probably scared for the week, but he knows we’ll be coming back. I hope things are ok at work this week for you.

Loved worship today, Carol, so very touching and a welcome reminder indeed! I hope you got to watch as well.

Big hugs, Snowysmom and thank you so much for trusting in us to share so humbly. We absolutely care and are here, my friend. These times are indeed challenging and can make any type of loss or feeling of displacement or restless feel more profound. There are still for me some days when truly time feels in stop motion or on pause yet I give God thanks every day for each moment especially this time to be stiller and more at peace. I know for myself how important it is to cherish the quiet. I believe Jasper would simply want you to be happy and as Pea so touchingly said perhaps should God place the right dog in your path at the right time, you might change your mind. Maybe, post pandemic, and this is something I may check out here, there would be some way you could volunteer with dogs that way they are not 24/7 in your care but you get to help care for them and be comforted by their furry presence as well :)

Hugs to you as well Pea and thank you for going that extra mile for Toto, I love that you did that. I'm sorry there are two people already who you would not want him to end up with. I pray you and he have many more healthy and happy years together :) Prayers you also have a brighter week ahead. Thank you for reminding us to keep Snappy in prayer! I am sure hoping she is safe.

Dad decided to go to Target. He found this Toaster on sale for $9.99. Since there is nothing wrong with the "oven" part of our current toaster oven, for only $10 it makes both sense and cents to try the 2 slice! I shall share how it works later in the week.

🌼:grouphug:to all of you!

Thanks Pea N Me for your insight. I like that you have thought about Toto and what would be best for him. We were not planning on having another dog before Jasper. When older DS could not take care of him due to work schedules we offered to take him. So, we ended up with Jasper in a different way. It is interesting that when Jasper came into our home, our younger DS was moving out so we had an empty nest. Jasper helped to fill it again.

Thoughts and prayers for all who are in the hurricane's path.

Watching the weather and it doesn't look good for New Orleans, I hope the forecasters are wrong. :(

I didn't accompish much today, spent 2 hours online looking for a coffeetable we both like,,the only one we can agree on is out of stock till Oct 9, so I might just wait till then. It would match our new furniture and the end tables we bought.
I did get both bathrooms cleaned from top to bottom, pretty much a 'fall cleaning'. Did the cabinets, the windows, curtains, floors, tub, shower, commodes, and sinks. Changed out the towels and the rugs,,and they both look sparkling clean.

Off to feed the cats and sit and relax till dinnertime

Stay safe everyone

I probably will not get another dog as much as I love them.
We've chosen not to have anymore pets after our lab/chow mix, Dixie, passed away. It's been almost eight years now. I miss having a dog sometimes but don't miss having to find someone to take care of them when we travel.

We were not planning on having another dog before Jasper. When older DS could not take care of him due to work schedules we offered to take him. So, we ended up with Jasper in a different way. It is interesting that when Jasper came into our home, our younger DS was moving out so we had an empty nest. Jasper helped to fill it again.
God works in mysterious ways.

Enjoyed our Sunday School class again today. Our lesson was the second part of a two part class on empathy. It was very good. About a fourth of the class is attending. Some of them were from another class where the teacher was taking a summer break so I guess maybe you could bump our number up to a third attending. I heard that the early service held outside had a large group attending.

We've gotten some beautiful clouds today from the hurricane. Just a 20% chance of rain, we're staying in the 90's all week.

You'll be glad to know that I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning. I feel so much better today.

Late lunch/early dinner is hamburgers, waffle fries and Bush's Baked Beans.

@frog3101, sending you lots of prayers :hug:

@footballmouse, congrats on those lucky lottery tickets! Wow, we never win more than $2 here... ;)

Sending out prayers to all those in the path of the hurricane, too. I can't believe it's on the anniversary of Katrina as well. I remember I was at work that day, and somehow I managed to be listening to "Moon Over Bourbon Street" by Sting just as the news was reporting the flooding in New Orleans.

For you readers, I finished a good book this week, The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi, genre literary fiction.

I LOVED that book! Really stayed with me for a while. I see that it's the first of a trilogy; I've been looking for the second one at my library:

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Keepe...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Something nice happened to me after getting my blood drawn, it really made my day. I was fasting, so couldn’t wait to get a coffee at Dunkin Donuts, as well as a plain cinnamon raisin bagel. DD and DH each got coffee, too, as well as a donut and muffin, respectively. So we got up to the drive thru, and the attendant said the guy in the truck in front of us had already paid for us! Whoa! I felt sort of bad because it was a decent size order. Credit card already in hand, I said, then, that I would pay for the car behind us, and I did. It felt good! (I don’t even know what the cost was.) I think I might do it more often. I remember there was a thread here about that a couple of weeks ago. I asked the attendant how often it happens, and he said he sees it maybe once a week! 😳 Must’ve been my lucky day! I know DS has paid a few times for police officers behind him. I’ve never done it, nor had it done for me, until today.

This happens a lot in our town. I think every day, someone posts a thank you on the town FB Open Forum, "To the car ahead of me in the Dunkin line..." :)

We had a horribly hot and humid last half of last week. Had to stay inside with the AC on. This summer was really bad for weather! It was either raining or hot and humid, couldn't do anything outside. Our "big" tomato plant and the 2 pepper plants are done. The only one still going strong is the cherry tomato plant that Josh grew from a seed in one of those $1 grow kits - it's bigger than me now.

My mother had ordered a new laptop for me before my birthday in July and it finally shipped on August 16th. I was supposed to get it last Monday, but it had been delivered to Memphis, TN on Saturday. Needless to say, it didn't come on Monday (and I knew it wouldn't - not complaining). But to my surprise, it arrived on Friday morning. Love it! The only thing that is disappointing is that it has an awesome graphics card, so one of my games that still uses Flash is all pixelated and can't be fixed on my end. That's the game's problem, not the computer. Wish the developer would upgrade the game, but they don't seem to care.

Josh had his annual physical on Wednesday and is perfectly healthy. I was surprised that he grew 4 inches in the past year, and 2.5 of those inches were just since May. In the past, he's only grown 1.5-2 inches per year, so this was quite a change. He also somehow pulled off the last 150 points on his Summer Reading at the library, so he got his last 3 prizes and entered into the raffle to have a fire truck come to his school.

I also re-registered him for school, which I don't remember my mother having to do when I was young, but I guess they do now. There was a little debacle when the principal sent out the transportation survey, asking if you will bring/pick up your child from school, or if they're going to take the bus. They need to know the bus number, and they asked for the survey to be returned by the 30th, but the bus routes won't be published until the 31st. Someone emailed the principal about it, so he told us to hold off until we know the specifics.

I found that the band RUSH's concert/documentary movie Cinema Strangiato will be shown in theatres on September 9th, so we bought tickets for that. DH and I saw it 2 years ago, but this time we're taking Josh. He loves them. Chances are good that he'll be the youngest person in the audience (and I will be one of the very few women - the joke is that RUSH only has 45 female fans). Then I saw that the movie Labyrinth will be in the theatres on the 12th (and 13th and 15th) for its 35th anniversary. I bought tickets for Josh and I for that. I think it's one of Josh's favorite movies - and of course I love it for David Bowie. DH isn't interested - I think it's because of Jareth's pants ;)

This morning we got together with our friends and saw Paw Patrol: The Movie and it was actually pretty good! Love when they sneak in references that the adults get but the kids don't :) We went to the nice theatre that has the recliners and we will certainly be going there again! We want to see the new Hotel Transylvania and Addams Family movies when they come out in October. After the movie today, we went to the 99 for lunch. Supposedly you get a free kids' meal with the purchase of an adult meal the day after the Red Sox win, and we had 4 kids with 4 adults, but they would only give us 2 free kids' meals. They said there was a limit, but we can't find that written anywhere... :confused3 (In fact, I just looked it up on a news website and it says "One kids' meal for EVERY adult meal purchased." So we got screwed :mad: )

Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow. My mom has a funeral to attend, so Josh and I will stay home and maybe play games (and I need to do my nails ;) )

Hug, Apirateslifeforme, humidity, truly is the worst as I've mentioned all week. Very thankful Josh is a very healthy, growing boy! :) I'm also glad you have a concert to look forward to and enjoyed /paw Patrol. I know Josh is a big fan of that cartoon:dog:That is pretty rotten about the restaurant but I'm glad you got at least 2 free...not right at all...but was something! :(

Word of warning: Don't ever buy the toaster I listed above! Keep in mind, I only use Mini Bagels because they're less thick and therefore chewy than regular bagels. This machine gave off a horrible chemical smell which we were warned about would happen in the manual upon first time running it through an empty cycle. But still, yuck! Then the Mini Bagels halves barely fit inside the slots plus they did not pop up fully :P This is going back to Target. The very positive to come from this was that now I know for sure a two-slice toaster works very well 🥯for me in terms of properly toasting a bagel to where it gets fully toasted unlike our current toaster oven.

Have a good night, friends :)

Survived our night with Carter. He slept 12 hours. Apparently that is his norm. Such an easy kid. Then had a nice brunch at DD's house. DSIL made creamed chip beef. Normally I don't care for it but this was really good.

Came home and were lazy. DH tried to hook the old yard sweeper to the nes lawn tractor so we could picked up the thick grass we mowed, but it didn't connect right. I did. however. have a fire in the fire pit to burn a lot of sticks and branches.

Roasted a frozen turkey breast for dinner with instant mashed potatoes.

Tomorrow, DSIL goes back to school but the grandkids don't start back to daycare until after Labor Day so DH and I have babysitting duty tomorrow through Thursday. Monday and Tuesday we are going down there and Wednesday and Thursday they are coming up here.

Please say one for my family as well.
Will do, Frog.

this morning I scratched off $110
Congrats!

lost 3 lbs. last week.
Congrats again!

I probably will not get another dog as much as I love them. I can't go through another ending of life phase. It is too heartbreaking for me. Plus we are getting older and if something happened to us what would happen to the dog.
We feel the same way. And as @Kirby said...
I miss having a dog sometimes but don't miss having to find someone to take care of them when we travel

It does help to be able to vent here as everyone is so kind and caring.
Vent away. Sometimes it helps just to get it out and share.

Good morning..welcome to another muggy , can't breathe outside day. Going to be 86 with a chance of storms starting around 6:30 today. Flash flood watch for tomorrow for the remnants of Ida. Say we could get 2-4" and possibly 6" in some places. Not as bad as New Orleans, but not the amount of rain we need at one time. I picked a bunch of tomatoes yesterday, there won't be many left out there that aren't rotting on the vine :(

Managed to sleep from 10-12, woke at 2, 3 and got up at 4:15. Hubby was sitting in his chair in the dark. Said he didn't sleep much (but at least didn't have the tv on). I think I don't sleep soundly for fear that he will call me for something and I won't hear him, so I sleep lightly. I am pretty worn out from not getting a good nite's sleep in the last almost 2 months. OT and PT don't come till tomorrow, so at least both of us can nap a bit during the day. I am going back to bed in a few

Fed all the cats and got hubby his morning pills. Only thing on my to do list today is the kitchen floor,,maybe, lol

Have a nice morning everyone!

R.jpg

Happy Monday, it's a very rainy day here in Cincinnati. I'm guessing we're getting the rain from Ida.

Today is my last day to work from home, not happy about it. :worried:

So my crackhead neighbors have a rabbit. They can't even take care of themselves (or the yard >:() so how in the world they thought they could take care of an animal, I'll never know. Anyway, my son offered the guy $20 for the rabbit and he said okay, well my son never gave him the money so the rabbit is still next door. I have been trying to find it a new home for the past month and I will give the guy $20 just to get it out of that situation. Now it's been hot. And the other day, the poor rabbit has been outside. Like I mentioned earlier, it's pouring down raining here and the poor little thing is on the porch trying to stay dry. My other son and I are trying to decide if we should just jump the fence and take the rabbit. I'll just break down and take it to the city's animal CARE facility. The poor thing is going to get taken by a hawk or another animal. They probably won't even realize it's gone.

What a way to start the week for me! I get my haircut later today so I'll cheer up by then. Have a good day! :flower1:

Last edited:
Good Morning 🌸

Expecting lots of packages today and then later in the week the early Christmas gifts I ordered should begin coming. After learning the hard way last year with ordering and delivering troubles, it will be a relief to have this stuff way in advance as I have said. I would definitely recommend doing your shopping either in store, if you are able, or online early that's for sure.

Dad will be going to a different Target this morning (near a Dollar Tree) to return the toaster and see what other, if any, options they might have. if not, Walmart.com here we come! We are both grateful to know that the 2 slice toaster would be a perfect bagel solution, we just have to now find one that works properly!

I shall check back in later. Wishing all of you a good last Monday in September!

Happy Monday all. Got home at 2am Saturday morning. We made great time with not a ton of traffic at that time which was nice. Slept a couple hours and then I went to a family celebration most of the day and hubby went to our best friends to swim and eat for a couple hours. Sunday was just a lazy day, DH and I went to breakfast then Target for a drive up pickup. The rest of the day we just hung out until DH headed back out of town in the early evening. Taking care of stuff around the house today, laundry, dishes, etc...while DD is working.

@frog3101 prayers and hugs. :grouphug:
@footballmouse Congrats on your scratcher winnings and the weight loss. Both are awesome. :banana:
@flyingdumbo127 have you seen the wide mouth toasters? I think they are specifically for bagels so they don't get stuck. I never liked using the toaster oven for making toast.

@Breezy_Carol Carter sounds like a good sleeper, just how I like. LOL DD was the same way and it was heavenly. I always had family members tell me how easy I had it with her. LoL

@lynxstch I'm so sorry you're both still having a hard time sleeping. I know they are sometimes necessary but do you think DH is taking too many naps for during the day and it's keeping him at night? When I was caring for my mom, if she slept too much during the day, we all had a crappy night. It's hard when they can't do much to keep awake during the day, but I wonder if there was anyway to try to get him more awake during the day....easier said then done, I know.... Fingers crossed, he can get back to the bedroom and both of you get better sleep soon. :grouphug:

I probably will not get another dog as much as I love them. I can't go through another ending of life phase. It is too heartbreaking for me.
This is what DH has been saying a lot lately. He's so attached to both our boys and says he couldn't handle even thinking about their time coming to an end. :sad1: Hugs for everything else you're feeling too...I think we're all feeling that way right now, I know I definitely am. I've had so much anxiety lately I thought it might have been my blood pressure but I got my meds adjusted and my BP readings have been perfect and I'm still feeling terrible. Im thinking I need to make another appointment with my Dr to discuss anxiety meds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter