Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@PollyannaMom, I had to google chaffle to see what they were. Interesting.

Chaffles are egg and cheese creations cooked in a waffle maker. (They're low-carb - for DH, but I like them too.)

My recipe is:
3 eggs
1.5 cups shredded cheese
(I used a Mexican mix today, but have also mixed motz. and cheddar)
2 heaping Tablespoons almond flour
bacon bits
(not really measured, just dumped in)

and it makes four square chaffles.

There are lots of different recipes out there, though. I've even recently seen some intriguing dessert ones on Pinterest (- gingerbread, snickerdoodle...) and plan on trying one of those soon.

I see she edited it..when I saw it earlier,,it said she made Charles for breakfast..I thought Charles was her hubby and she cooked him..lol..Chaffles makes a lot more sense!

:rotfl: Auto-correct didn't know what chaffles were either, so it attempted to "fix" it. Thankfully, I proof-read after I posted.

Chaffles are egg and cheese creations cooked in a waffle maker. (They're low-carb - for DH, but I like them too.)

My recipe is:
3 eggs
1.5 cups shredded cheese
(I used a Mexican mix today, but have also mixed motz. and cheddar)
2 heaping Tablespoons almond flour
bacon bits
(not really measured, just dumped in)

and it makes four square chaffles.

There are lots of different recipes out there, though. I've even recently seen some intriguing dessert ones on Pinterest (- gingerbread, snickerdoodle...) and plan on trying one of those soon.

:rotfl: Auto-correct didn't know what chaffles were either, so it attempted to "fix" it. Thankfully, I proof-read after I posted.

Can you make these chaffles in a Mickey waffle maker or does it need to be a square one?

Good Morning, everyone!

I slept better last night and hope you friends, did, too :) I just enjoyed a 🥞treat for breakfast. Dad is having some too. we usually have these just for lunch. Every now and then a mini pancake at breakfast is sure tasty :)

Good to see you, Sweetpeama, and congratulations to your daughters on their fair projects. That sounds like fun :)

You just rest today, Lynn and take it easy. I hope Mr. L’s son will stop by later for a visit :)

Hug and thanks, B&B so much. We just are after a plain ole toaster lol. Dad said he most likely would have to see it at a store in person as opposed to ordering it online and I agree…Next time he is at Target maybe they’ll have something different. We have had Oster products before. Prayers your DH has no reaction to his vaccine and yay that you got to enjoy a breakfast treat!

A lazy morning getting in some extra R&R sounds like a wonderful Saturday plan, PollyannaMom! :)

Good for you, Footballmouse!

Hug and lol Carol, enjoy your extra Carter time and keep cool, my friend! I look forward to watching worship tomorrow :)

Happy Saturday, friends! I'll check back later. Oh as a P.S. I finished watching "A Chance at Romance" that I had DVR'ed on Hallmark earlier in the week. It was a bout a 12 year old boy who sets up his widowed father with a woman the son thinks is perfect for his dad. It turns out she was (of course). The story ended up being sweet, some beautiful scenery, plus the dad was a bit handsome, too. The actual story, was rather contrived even for Hallmark! Still a very light watch! Oh beware of annoying Celeste if you ever check this movie out! Her character was WAY too much.

Good Saturday Morning!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but my attitude has adjusted and I'm fine now. I hate waking up with a bad attitude, it just has to work itself out.

DD made hand held individual chicken pot pies to take to her boyfriend, Mike later today. He is doing better but still has vertigo/dizziness when he sits upright. While the food is not bad in rehab he is craving homecooked food.

DH made taquitos for breakfast this morning. They were so good. Between his cooking and DD's my kitchen is a wreck. Guess I'll need to get in there in a little bit and clean it up.

For you readers, I finished a good book this week, The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi, genre literary fiction. Also, a the Tucker Mills Trilogy by Lori Wick, genre inspirational.

I'm going through some mental stuff right now, some depression. I miss my mom, can't seem to get my weight in gear. Gained five pounds instead of losing it. Some days are good, others not so good. It's all in God's hands...

I saw an advertisement on Facebook for a new movie coming out on Netflix next month called The Starling. Looked like it might be good.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!

Good Morning, everyone!

I slept better last night and hope you friends, did, too :) I just enjoyed a 🥞treat for breakfast. Dad is having some too. we usually have these just for lunch. Every now and then a mini pancake at breakfast is sure tasty :)

Good to see you, Sweetpeama, and congratulations to your daughters on their fair projects. That sounds like fun :)

You just rest today, Lynn and take it easy. I hope Mr. L’s son will stop by later for a visit :)

No resting until I finish the lawn. Calling for rain starting tonite and maybe the next 3 days,,and its so tall now its the only chance I will have till next week. And its next weekend that Mr L's son is coming up from Salisbury (near Ocean Beach). Its their big fantasy football pick thing on Sunday , so he will come up Saturday late afternoon and leave Monday morning sometime. The weatherman lied..it shows our high will be 83 and its already 85 and we have nothing but sun! BTW Mona,,your cooling postcard arrived today in the mail..thank you so much. I think I will put it in my pocket while I finish mowing the back and see if it cools me off,,lol..That was very sweet of you!

Hug and thanks, B&B so much. We just are after a plain ole toaster lol. Dad said he most likely would have to see it at a store in person as opposed to ordering it online and I agree…Next time he is at Target maybe they’ll have something different. We have had Oster products before. Prayers your DH has no reaction to his vaccine and yay that you got to enjoy a breakfast treat!

A lazy morning getting in some extra R&R sounds like a wonderful Saturday plan, PollyannaMom! :)

Good for you, Footballmouse!

Hug and lol Carol, enjoy your extra Carter time and keep cool, my friend! I look forward to watching worship tomorrow :)

Happy Saturday, friends! I'll check back later. Oh as a P.S. I finished watching "A Chance at Romance" that I had DVR'ed on Hallmark earlier in the week. It was a bout a 12 year old boy who sets up his widowed father with a woman the son thinks is perfect for his dad. It turns out she was (of course). The story ended up being sweet, some beautiful scenery, plus the dad was a bit handsome, too. The actual story, was rather contrived even for Hallmark! Still a very light watch! Oh beware of annoying Celeste if you ever check this movie out! Her character was WAY too much.

DD made hand held individual chicken pot pies to take to her boyfriend, Mike later today.

Yum!!

I'm going through some mental stuff right now, some depression. I miss my mom, can't seem to get my weight in gear. Gained five pounds instead of losing it. Some days are good, others not so good.

I hear you. :hug: I always miss my mom a lot in August too (anniversary of her passing). I think it helps just that you're recognizing your feelings, and the ups and downs, and I hope their are more ups for you soon!

Just had a heck of a storm. Lots of thunder and dumping down rain. Temp dropped from 90 to 75 in about 10 minutes. Still sprinkling. Calling for a chance of storms for the next 3-4 days. I just finished the last of 4 loads of laundry. Mr L is at the sink doing his stepping exercises,,then it's dinner and then nothing. My back is screaming at me..hasn't hurt this bad in a long time, and I didn't do anything differently? I took a hot bath, did my hair, and then had him put some Icy Hot on it..took 2 tylenol arthitis strength tablets,,and I hope that helps. Off to figure out dinner.
Have a nice evening DIS family

It was warm today. The strangest thing happened this afternoon, It was bright and sunny out, and then I looked out the window and it was pouring. I didn't see a cloud in the sky, just sun. The rain lasted about 10 minutes. Weird!

I was lazy today... Oh heck, I'm lazy everyday since retiring. I really need to find a hobby or something! I used to do a ton of craft work, but have zero interest in that anymore. I know I should be doing things around the house but, no motivation. When it cools down some, I want to paint the hallway and upstairs bath. It has so much white woodwork:scared:

Got to church and finished our altar guild job. Had to wait until after a memorial service was over. Then DD brought Carter to the church to hand him off to us. It is close to her in-laws where Tessa is staying. Came home and played a little then had dinner of elbow noodles and spaghetti sauce. DH and I had salad and I gave Carter some cucumbers. Played some outside then he had some milk and a graham cracker, I read some stories and he was in his crib and asleep before 7.

Tomorrow DD and DSIL are having a brunch for when both grandparents return their charges.

I look forward to watching worship tomorrow
I will be watching sometime too. Can't really get Carter to sit through it.

I know I should be doing things around the house but, no motivation.
Ditto. DH still feels like he has to be doing something in retirement. Me, not so much.

Watching some pre-season football and trying not to snack.

A lot of running around last few days. Event on Thursday was nice, but traffic was a nightmare, bumper to bumper. Delicious Italian luncheon in Boston, with good company, though, made it worth it.

Had my blood drawn (though technician seemed a little Covid-cuckoo: “Stop right there!!” 😆), got a haircut, and did some grocery shopping in two different stores today. Also had to get a new bedroom TV as ours stb.

Something nice happened to me after getting my blood drawn, it really made my day. I was fasting, so couldn’t wait to get a coffee at Dunkin Donuts, as well as a plain cinnamon raisin bagel. DD and DH each got coffee, too, as well as a donut and muffin, respectively. So we got up to the drive thru, and the attendant said the guy in the truck in front of us had already paid for us! Whoa! I felt sort of bad because it was a decent size order. Credit card already in hand, I said, then, that I would pay for the car behind us, and I did. It felt good! (I don’t even know what the cost was.) I think I might do it more often. I remember there was a thread here about that a couple of weeks ago. I asked the attendant how often it happens, and he said he sees it maybe once a week! 😳 Must’ve been my lucky day! I know DS has paid a few times for police officers behind him. I’ve never done it, nor had it done for me, until today.

We spent a long time when we got home cleaning out the fridge (should’ve done it before), vacuuming, emptying trash in every room, and the dreaded putting groceries away for close to an hour and a half. DH and I had thought about going to a concert tonight, but decided we’d rather get in comfortable clothes and have a quiet night watching Dr Pol! I snuck in an unintended nap on the sofa, too, which felt good. Wearing a warm outfit I bought in World Showcase in June since it’s a little chilly tonight, yoga type pants from Italy, and a Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust top with Tinkerbell on it. :goodvibes

I just wanted to say to @Snowysmom, I hope you feel better. Do you think another dog at some point might help you? Dogs are so good at calming people and getting those endorphins flowing! The news has been tough. I am a news junkie and love watching the news and knowing what’s going on. Normally we watch a lot of news here. But tonight we felt like Dr. Pol. Tomorrow we’re planning to make another sauce with more tomatoes from the garden, and we have some chicken tenders marinating and zucchini from the garden we’ll grill, as well as some corn on the cob. DD went out to a fair tonight we are waiting for her to bring us home a sausage, pepper and onion sandwich for a late dinner. Toto is having a quiet night laying between DH’s legs on the sofa. Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone! 🐣 PS All of my lab work came back good. Yay. See my doctor in a few days for yearly visit. She’ll be in a good mood, lol.

Good evening,

I'm sorry about your back, Lynn. Wow that is crazy weather, DazedX3! It does remind me of a couple times when I lived in Northern, CA (a very rainy part). Anyway out of nowhere it began to pour, right when I was going into a supermarket. Dad had come up to visit me on one of those times, too. Oh well/ I'm glad you were safely home! :)

We will both enjoy online, Carol.

Hugs, Pea, have a more relaxing and pain free (I pray) day tomorrow, my friend! Prayers your doctor's visit goes well.

FYI warning big time about an Amazon seller T-Marie. A kind friend named Nancy, as an act of kindness had sent me as a gift a package of 50 of this company's Merry Christmas postcards that (were supposed to) look like this: B07HKS8JZS I shared earlier about my Christmas card (and any item) requirements and these at least spelled out very clearly "Merry Christmas" and I could cover up the majority of the "We" with an "I" if I wanted to send myself not with Dad. Plus a different friend who is so label handy is making me some personalized stickers using her address label sheets of Luke 2:11. Vicki is even making sure the "S" in (Savior), "W" in "Who," and of course first and foremost "C" in Christ all start with capital letters.

What came twice, were 50 postcards all right. One big problem: they all said "Thank you for your business" on them! Nothing about Merry Christmas! Awful that this same thing now occured twice. The second time, I was promised by a supervisor the same error would not happen again. T-marie must have or Amazon did, someone must have put the wrong label on the back of the postcards wrapping because it did say "Merry Christmas postcards." Too bad they weren't!

Nancy is also trying to budget more this year and instead of sending out all Christmas cards is also sending out some Christmas postcards. I did (knowing these were coming) already get extra postcard stamps along with first class stamps that I had put away for Christmas use. I can, of course, use the postcard stamps on anything. As some of you know I do enjoy sending out postcards but that's kind of not the point. Amazon was very kind to give me a $15 promotional credit to make up for those. I have ordered postcards of different type from them many times, yet it never occurred to me until, today, to whether Amazon themselves ships and sells any postcards (thus being eligible for the promotional credit I was given). They don't! Very minor vent just frustrating. Thank you all for listening.

Sweet dreams always!

My DH will never retire. He may shut down the company and not to large remodels or new builds but he'll always do some sort of plumbing work like changing out faucets and such. He has a hard time just relaxing. Even when we go on vacation we have to go, go, go.

Dinner tonight was Salmon Milano with Basil Pesto Butter (courtesy of Costco), mixed vegetables and a salad.

Good evening to all. Sending prayers and extra blessings to each of you who need them. Extra ones to those who are in the path or know anyone in the path of Ida.
I come tonight to ask selfishly for prayers for myself. Things in my house are not the best right now. It’s been a slow build that came to a head tonight. I am pretty broken and the only thing I feel Ive got right now is prayer and we all know the more prayers the better. Please say one for my family as well. Thank you Quakers.

:grouphug:Frog. And much prayer, my friend.

Late night for me check in to share Amazon situation worked around! Real quick long story super short: I ended up getting these postcards: ASIN B07JBD67N7 on my dad's Amazon account. I didn't mention earlier that a few days ago he cashed in $26 worth of coins to Amazon via Coinstar which we added to his account (because he paid for Prime this month to watch a TV Series)+ We had a $10 gift card on his account. We used that money plus only $16 of our own additional money toward the Christmas postcards along with 3 other items we were going to buy now anyway. As I said, Vicki is still making me the same Christmas Scripture stickers that I would have used in the original postcards. Plus I happen to have my own Merry Christmas stickers I could use on these postcards along with others already.

On my Amazon account, using the $15 promotional credit, we got 4 other items we would have gotten anyway right now, $15 worth of which were shipped and sold by Amazon bringing that total to just over $11.

For $27 (a good half the cost of all items) we got everything :) Please pray these postcards are what I ordered when they come, I will certainly let all of you know. Please remember to let me know if you would like Christmas mail and I don't already have your mailing info. You know it (always) would mean a lot to me to send a fellow Quacker a snail mail hug.

Extra good night wishes to all. See you in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter