Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hugs, Frog. I have finally listened to God and stepped back from my current church. I keep it in much prayer and in the meantime continue to be so Blessed each week by listening to worship from Carol's church. If you ever want to share more, just PM me.

I was so glad to read that at last you are unwinding, Lynn. Many prayers continued and that your SIL will offer to come by and relieve you if need be at times.

:dog:❤Easyas, thank you again for all you continue to do for many a pup! Wow that you still have Sears out there1 I don't suppose there are any Kmart's in your area? Let me know if there are and thank you!

Dad and I did the ducky puzzle today. It may have claimed to be only 100 pieces (my puzzle patience limit, lol. Sometime I'd try 150) but it felt like hundreds! The pieces did not fit easily together, plus had odd corners to them and shapes. If you touched a piece, watch out for a breaking puzzle section--we learned to hold down anywhere near. Most of all to do it on a poster board rather than directly on the 99 cent only tablecloth. I had to share with my Quacker family and also ask whether any of you would enjoy doing this? I'd be happy to mail it to you. I'd probably send it inside a sandwich bag with the picture to save a little on postage by not including the box. 🐤 The Cupcake puzzle, that we did a couple weeks ago was MUCH easier all-around 🧁

Attachments

• Duck.jpg
    Duck.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Cupcakes.jpg
    Cupcakes.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Happy Sunday.

Went to church then took Paisley for a 2+ mile hike in Fair Hill. It is such a nice day. AC off and windows open. Dinner was hot dog for me and hamburger for DH with corn on the cob and tomatoes.

Last night DD and family came up to bring Paisley and we had pizza and salad for dinner. Nice to see them all before they left for the Outer Banks. Funny that they are in OBX with DD's in-laws and we have the dog. DS and DDIL have their in-laws dog because everyone, except DDIL, from her family is also in the Outer Banks. And we are home with the dogs. But, DS just invited us to meet them in Annapolis next Saturday night for dinner. Something fun to look forward to.

Not much else going on here.

freezer roulette
This cracked me up. We have Carol's smorgasbord here.

Good Monday morning all! They said we would have rain overnite, nope, not a drop. 69 and muggy outside. Calling for rain today and tomorrow, but who knows.

Mr L has been complaining all night that the wrist on that sore arm hurts. We tried Icy Hot and that worked for a little while, but don't want to put more on in case the Dr doesn't recommend it. Now he tells me he doesn't know if he will be able to go to the ortho appt on Thursday. I think PT Matt is bringing his truck ramps today to see if it makes it easier to get the wheelchair up and down the step, in case hubby can't go down on his own.

I have about 1/2 of a summer cold..always get it at this time of year. And of course now that I am awake (since 2 am since he had the tv on and the flashing light of changing pics kept me awake), he's sound asleep. Think I will go back to bed for a little while too.

Have a nice morning everyone!

f594972c8a50a4477b2aecf22a9443e2--monday-monday-monday-quotes.jpg

And of course now that I am awake (since 2 am since he had the tv on and the flashing light of changing pics kept me awake), he's sound asleep. Think I will go back to bed for a little while too.

If he needs something to fall asleep to, would he be willing to try a book on "tape" or a podcast or something? It doesn't seem fair that his TV is always keeping you up.

If he needs something to fall asleep to, would he be willing to try a book on "tape" or a podcast or something? It doesn't seem fair that his TV is always keeping you up.

Thanks for the suggestion. He doesn't do books on tape, but possibly a podcast would work...I might suggest that tonite..he can use his phone and his earbuds for it..

Matt the nurse was here at 10:30 and suggested he try taking tylenol every 4 hours for a couple of days to see if that helps the pain, without having to take anything stronger..and to keep a log of when the pain is the worst, or when it's less. I felt kind of bad when Mr L told Matt the nurse that I had a little burn out yesterday, but Matt said it's understandable..and to take a break when I need it. If I need to walk out to the shed and close the door..and yell or scream, to just do it. He said sometimes its harder on caregivers than on the patients,,and I believe that one!

PT Matt was here at 11. We tried the truck ramps he brought..and I could take Matt down the ramps backwards using them..but pushing him back up got stuck at the sill step of the door. And Mr L weighs more than Matt, so that won't work. Then we tried the walker to the door, bring wheelchair to the bottom, and Mr L went down the step backwards and did okay. Going back up he kept saying he couldn't do it..but Matt was behind him (to the side in case he went backwards and the wheelchair would be right there), but Mr L managed to do it with just a little help from Matt. Then he stood at the kitchen sink and did side to side exercises with his legs and then it was the end of the hour so it was back to his chair. Going to have him walk to the kitchen at least one more time today and do those exercises..then 2 times tomorrow and Wednesday, and then hope that on Thursday myself and stepdaughter can manage to get him down to the car and over to the ortho appt.

Good suggestions, PollyannaMom :) I know back in my preschool teaching days, the kids enjoyed listening to story tapes during nap time. Maybe there is an adult version of such things or simple calming music with earphones :)

Hug, Lynn always. YES! It is often so much harder all-around on the caregiver. Please don't take all this on alone and be open to and ask for help! I was in a much different situation with my beloved Grandma (age and dementia were hugely at play) but know from that experience how easy burn out is! I also remember feeling so SAD that the relationship I once had with my Grandma had so changed because our roles had. What I mean by that is it was absolutely a gift from God to be trusted to care for her and get to have once more those years closer with her. I was feeling like I had in a way lost my Grandma because I was so emmeshed in daily responsibility that that had become a burden and was exhausting me all-around, not healthy or what I know God wanted for me or Grandma. This is an extra reason I always urge dear you to please remember to take care of yourself! I was also the only family member locally so literally daily stuff all fell on me. I reached out to a caregiving support group and met a great group of friends through a local hospital. :grouphug:💛

Carol, I extra loved worship from yesterday! What true joy the last 18 months has been to me in terms of God slowing me down and my being stiller! I am truly healthier all-around than ever and pray to live simply and kindly, always close to Christ and in thanks to Him for all, including family and dear friends, and extra special Quackers He has Blessed me with.

Last edited:
Our forecast for all day rain today, turned out to be a bust, as expected. We had maybe 20 min of very light rain,,then the sun came out. It sprinkled again for a few min a little while ago, sun is back out. Temp is 77 but its very muggy. I found it hard to even breathe out there when I went to feed the cats.

Dinner is chicken pot pie, salad, and cranberry sauce. Hubby says he's walking to the kitchen for dinner..that will be a change

Have a nice evening everyone!

Lil Joe's first day of kindergarten. Can't wait till he gets home to hear how it went!
View attachment 597649

I can hear those new sneakers squeaking from here!

Hello and good evening everyone. Had a haircut and eyebrow job after work, but I'm home now and the dogs and I are having a glass of wine on the porch, catching up on some emails and waiting for the next round of rain. It rained earlier, and I think we are just in a lull at moment, with maybe more coming in a bit. There is a breeze and the temp is pleasant.
Yesterday I slow roasted two shoulder of venison roasts with tomatoes and onions and jalapenos for about 5-6 hours, till they were falling off the bone. Pulled all the meat - so we will have that for dinner this evening with the rest for lunches this week. I was pleased with how it turned out super tender, like pot roast. Made some (more) pico de gallo so I'll have that with it as well

I'm on the road tomorrow & Thursday, and as of right now we are planning on going up to Lancaster for the day Saturday. A little putzing around, a little outlet shopping. Just a little day trip with no real objective in mind.

Our forecast for all day rain today, turned out to be a bust, as expected. We had maybe 20 min of very light rain,,then the sun came out. It sprinkled again for a few min a little while ago, sun is back out. Temp is 77 but its very muggy. I found it hard to even breathe out there when I went to feed the cats.

Dinner is chicken pot pie, salad, and cranberry sauce. Hubby says he's walking to the kitchen for dinner..that will be a change

Have a nice evening everyone!
Homemade?????

Is there any other kind? lol! I have yet to come across any store bought one that tastes that good!
no ...there is no other kind...that is why I was salivating over your dinner....and chicken pies are like grandmas cole slaws and potato salads...only one way to make them....beauty of living in retirement community is that everyone trys their version of coleslaw, potato salad and chicken pot pie

I hope Lil Joe's first day of kindergarten was fun!

I also hope everyone is doing well. I'm having a hard time about my friend's daughter, despite never meeting her. I think the PTSD from my own child loss is weighing on me (and my doctor agrees). The obituary listed all the things she wanted to do in her life, and I can't stop thinking about how she didn't get to do any of it. In my selfishness, I didn't go to the visitation; I would have been a mess before even walking in. I just couldn't bring myself to go. They listed 2 charities for donations and I'm going to donate to both - not that money makes up for my absence, I know.

Josh will be 6 this coming Wednesday, so we'll be headed to the Nickelodeon Universe theme park in NJ! He's very excited. DH was wondering if we're going to have to quarantine when we return on Thursday, but I don't think we're going to be in NJ for a full 24 hours. By the time we park and get out of the car, then get in and leave the following day...it might be close, maybe 23 hours, but not technically a full day! ;) (Although we're stopping in Sleepy Hollow, NY on the way home, too, so it might be slightly over 24 hours in the end.) Then on Saturday we're planning to go to the Space Expo at the New England Air Museum. Josh is excited to meet a real NASA astronaut :)

Today was the annual GYN visit. I have been going to the same doctor since 1983 and he has gotten me through a lot. I really like and trust him. We had a good time reminiscing today. I am going to be sad when he retires someday. I drive a distance to see him as I started with him when I lived in Baltimore. He is worth the drive to me.

Other than that, just dance lesson. And sending pictures of Paisley to DD.

Dinner was turkey/feta/spinach burgers, sweet potato, and fresh green beans.

For the first time in months,,its finally raining,,and raining pretty hard. I just ran out and made sure the downpouts were clear, and I did the gutters last week, so they should be good. Weather says '72 and rain shower'..well that's a pretty heavy downpour for a shower,,lol. At least I won't have to water in the morning..

@chickapin parterre--I agree..my Mom's potato salad is the only kind I will make or eat..I make a knock off of KFC coleslaw that everyone loves (and it's the only thing I will ever eat at KFC after getting food poisoning there when on vacation in CA), and chicken pot pie was my great grandmothers recipe. Nothing like the tried and true!

@apirateslifeforme--sorry you are having such a hard time with your friends daughters death. Sad that the obituary listed so many things she never got to do. I am sure that your friend will understand why you didn't go to the visitation. And I am sure the charity's will appreciate the donations. Have a great time on Josh's birthday trip!

Today was fresh green beans.
oh my....I miss fresh green beans....but I boil them really soft with a hint of bacon and onion....slab of butter oh yum....and here I am in oregon....closing down green bean season and have not ventured to a roadside stand for green beans or even fresh corn....that is what happens when not only are you couch surfing...you are also at the mercy of someone else indulgence in costco prepack calories...but hey i have my fresh peaches.....now i can smirk at those green ones in the store in the early spring....here...lets play hardball catch!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter