Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all. Rained some overnite, all is wet outside. Wasn't raining until I took the trash down , then of course it started while I was doing that. Still calling for a lot of rain today. Its 70 and very sticky and muggy.

Hubby slept from 11-1,,then watched tv for an hour or so..then slept. He just took his morning pill and a tylenol and is going back to sleep. He's tired of that chair, and I don't blame him. I told him maybe today he can try walking into the bedroom and just sitting on the bed to see how he does. No OT, no PT, no nurse today, but he will still walk and do his exercises.

@Allison Joy,,I hope you don't get any symptoms and stay clear

@tazdev3225, I hope you feel better soon!

Have a nice morning all

f09403aa49cfaf9a7987d35dd82ebac0.jpg

Hello everyone, I haven't posted much lately but have read most days. I've been battling some "doldrums" lately...

...She loves a T.V. character named Bluey...Walmart pre-made it is. I'll jazz it up a little with some Bluey figures I found.

I know what you mean about doldrums. I've kind of been there lately too, but I'm working on it.

My friend's kids are also crazy for Bluey. Figures on the cake is the best, because then she can keep them to play with!

I got my first COVID test today...

...The other good news is that I recently bought myself the entire Harry Potter Series to re-read, so so perhaps I can just enjoy that the days I'm off!

Sorry about the testing and worry. Chances are you will be fine, but that doesn't mean it isn't stressful in the meantime!

You will love the books, though!!! I got into them around the time book 4 came out. It was near my niece's birthday, and that's what she had asked for. She loaned me the first three, by way of explanation, and I was hooked. By the time 5 came out, I was preordering two copies - one for her and one for me!

Good morning.

@apirateslifeforme - sending continued prayers to your friend and her family and to you. I am sorry this has caused you to struggle so much.
@Allison - here is to you staying healthy and receiving a negative test result. Enjoy your time from work and getting a chance to read a bit.
@footballmouse - much luck in the search for a new job.
Wishing all less stress and more peace.
I am really struggling with school starting. Every year it gets worse for me. The phrase “The days drag, but the years fly” is so very true.
One of my kids decided to have a lemonade stand today, so my mom was gracious enough to help out. Said child went yesterday to spend the night and make some treats to go along with the lemonade. I’m going over later to drop of ice and help them set up. Hope at least a few people stop. Our little town is pretty desolate some days.
Hope everyone has a good day.

One of my kids decided to have a lemonade stand today, so my mom was gracious enough to help out. Said child went yesterday to spend the night and make some treats to go along with the lemonade. I’m going over later to drop of ice and help them set up. Hope at least a few people stop. Our little town is pretty desolate some days.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Best of luck to them! I definitely enjoyed doing that as a kid.

I do try to stop if I'm out walking, but I should get better about stopping when I'm driving.

Ugh, I can already tell this isn't going to be a good day. My phone battery died during the night (even though when I went to bed it was fully charged :mad:) so I overslept this morning. Busted my butt to get to work before my boss, which I did so that was a success. Didn't have time to make my protein shake for breakfast or pack my lunch :mad:. I need to just take a few minutes to breathe and get myself calmed down so I slow down. I didn't even say goodbye to my dogs when I left :(. I think I'll sneak out later in the morning before it starts getting hot and take a walk outside, I need a zen moment.
Trying something new for dinner tonight, some kind of stir-fry, we'll see how well that goes over. Hope everyone has a good day and stays cool.

Man did it ever pour this morning. One minute I looked out and it wasn't doing anything except some wind blowing leaves around..2 seconds later it was dumping down buckets. I think the worst of it might be past us, but now we have tornado watch out until 8 pm tonite? We also lost power for about 10 min this morning..not good when Mr L needs his oxgen. We have an emergency tank, but we have never had to use it..made sure the portable concentrator was fully charged,,it's good for 3 hours..so hopefully we won't lose it again..

Stepdaughter lives in WV..they rent their house. Last Thursday they started having issues with their toilets not flushing, their washer not draining etc. (they are on a septic tank). The guy couldn't come out till yesterday (they had to go to the Dollar Store to go to the bathroom :(). They pumped out the tank, but its still not working. They told her to put sulphuric acid in the toilets last nite and if that didn't work to call the landlord again. The guy who pumped it out, ran a snake through the main line, but said he hit something..either a broken pipe,,or a tree branch/root, or a giant clog..and couldn't get through it. The city next week is coming to dig up their yard and run them into the main sewer system, but that isn't going to help her if there is a problem in her main line to start with. She says they are going to have to stay at a hotel for the next few days , since the guy who came yesterday can't come back till next week. The 2 girls start school on Friday, and can't even go school clothes shopping since they haven't been able to shower, or wash clothes. I told them they could come here and shower, but the girls don't want to. She is at the laundromat now washing the boys clothes since both boys work (Ollies and Walmart) and need clean clothes for work tonite. This one is going to cost their landlord a fortune!

Sister in law texted me (from our driveway) asking if I wanted to go to the discount store over the PA line. I hurried to get dressed..and hubby was fine since we were only gone about 20 min. She brought me a bunch of squash and more tomatoes,,lol..like I don't have enough now.

Stay safe in this storm if you are in it's path!

Good morning to all!

Yikes, please definitely stay safe Lynn and anyone else in the path or an impending storm!

Love the lemonade stand share, Frog! I never did have one of those (I don't think). I did for a summer sell candy! I would try my best to make sure both my kid customers got a deal and that I earned my own money back on the cost of buying the candy to begin with plus ideally make a tiny profit. That was a fun memory during a not positive time in my life.

Hugs to all in need of extra cheer and a reminder, that we fellow Quackers care 🐥

I might just bop around today to a few of my favorite browsing places, just to veg out a bit. Tired. And sad about the world situation. 🙁 The images of people hanging on the moving plane are haunting. And I fear for those left behind.

Its a very sad situation, but I am trying not to watch any news coverage about it, just for the reasons you stated.

That’s all I’ve got right now. 😣

Feel better!

Gonna try to catchup here a bit -

She saw a chipmunk 🐿 the other day, and I think she's determined to find him again.

I love seeing cats on leashes! It's so out of the ordinary ( for me!) I understand his/her desire to vanquish the chipmunk though! Our barns cats have left a few 'remnants' in the barn :sad2: of their adventures in hunting thru the fields and woods.

My MIL's potato salad and my mother's were completely different but both good

A decent potato salad has always alluded me. My mothers, while fine - very plain. I've purchased some from the farmers mkt. that is good. I'd like to work up a good recipe for my own use.

Yes another spam call

They do seem to be very prevalent recently, don't they?!? I mute my phone to all calls 8 AM - 5:30 PM every night and it's been the best thing ever for me. I haven't missed a important call yet, but I have missed a fair bit of SPAM calls, and a few text messages that were not time sensitive.

Help has been scarce. The pandemic is taking it’s toll on everyone.

I have 2 immediate family members who are nurses, and they say the same thing. They each work in a different type of situation - the one who is in a hospital says she is being called on to cover more and more shifts. The one who is based in pediatric home calls is also being offered more and more shifts to make up for lack of staff. And they are in 2 different states.
We have - just recently - had a bit of luck in hiring some new folks. I just hope they don't flake out on us and turn out to be steady employees. At this point it's nice just to get a applicant that passes the pre-employment screen...

Had to go back to the office in July. I AM SO FRICKING BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a different experience than most, for the very brief time I spent 3 days in, 2 days at home I hated it. Yeah, got a lot done around the house- but my work suffered. I was bored at home. But I much prefer the pace of the office and all that comes with that. We are fortunate that we never had to close down or lay anyone off and we all were able to keep going, although I think a few of the office staff would have preferred to be home, but it just wasn't feasible.

He is doing much better at walking , and he even said today that he feels a little more improvment day by day now. We are hoping the ortho xrays that arm on Thursday and maybe tells him he can put a little more weight on it,,or put a soft brace or something on it so he can use it a little more..that would be SOOOO helpful!

That must be very heartening for you to see him acknowledge his improvements after these long weeks. Hoping the Dr. appt. goes swimmingly for him tomorrow and brings continued good news!

I've been battling some "doldrums" lately.

That has hit me a bit, too. I know I'm going to have a busy next 9 months due to family & travel commitments plus the holidays and yet I can't seem to sink into and enjoy the this quiet time of year when I should be taking advantage of the lack of 'things to do', but instead I'm just feeling kinda blah half the time.

The bad news is that I'm so nervous (even though I probably shouldn't be) that I'm projecting symptoms onto myself!

Good luck, I hope it all turns out negative for you. I remember when I had an exposure and had to get tested. Waiting at home for the results I was imagining all kinds of things, every twinge. Was that a headache? Do I have a fever? Is my throat sore? Can I taste this? I drove myself nuts. I was negative, then felt like a goof ball for being so dramatic. But maybe that is what our brain does to keep us busy and occupied?

The other good news is that I recently bought myself the entire Harry Potter Series to re-read, so so perhaps I can just enjoy that the days I'm off!

I'm not going to say that doesn't sound like a pretty nice way to spend a few days!

Still calling for a lot of rain today. Its 70 and very sticky and muggy.

I keep hearing the warnings for storms. We are grey and windy, hot & humid here. I think our timing is that we are expecting storms around 7 or a bit later, which it perfect timing as the dogs and I have a standing 7 PM glass of wine on the porch date.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays cool.

You, too!

I told them they could come here and shower, but the girls don't want to.

Not sure how old the girls are, but - and maybe I'm out of line here??- why is this a question they were asked? If it was me I wouldn't ask, I would tell them "here is what we are doing in order to get thru this difficult situation". Especially if she is the one trying to deal with everything, make alternate arrangements and deal with the laundry of kids old enough to work on top of having folks troop thru her yard, probably her house and not having a specific timeline for it to be done.

The images of people hanging on the moving plane are haunting. And I fear for those left behind.

Horrific. We've been watching, I'm terrified for those people. Don't get me started on the rest of it....

Well, let see - what's been going on? Not a whole lot w/ us. It's Wednesday, so that's exciting:crazy:. We had a big trip planned NEXT December, and it's been driving us crazy. We are ready to go now. I'm waiting to hear back from the agent, if there is still availability I'm pulling the trigger this afternoon and rebooking for this coming March. I'm ready to go now. I wish he'd call me back, I'm ready to start planning! I need to call up the vet and make an appt. for one of the dogs, he just needs a few vaccines that are due, and a once over by the vet. My husband has decided he does NOT want to go anywhere for a long weekend for his B'day, nor does he feel like a big birthday meal out. Just a quite evening in with a few folks. So, that is what we will do. He wants simple and I'm always over-doing it, so I'm going to do my best not to overdo it! I have decided to get him a projector/screen set up for watching movies outside...he's always wanted something along those lines. I don't even know where to start - I'm hoping my very tech-abled BIL will assist with the purchase! He's usually pretty helpful with these things.

Headed up to Lancaster, PA for the day on Saturday. Not caring if it's going to rain or not, just going with the flow so we can both get out of the house for the whole day doing something non-work related!

Not sure what dinner will be this evening. Was planning sauteed shrimp over caesar salad, but we had a big lunch AND we have a lot of lunch leftover. So, we will have one or the other. I guess we'll see what we feel like later.

Garden is starting to slow down, which is good because I haven't been able to keep up the last week or so. Tonight I've got to roast a few cookie sheets worth of cherry tomatoes and try to figure out what to do with about 40 jalapenos. I may try to make some poppers and freeze some, we will see where the evening takes me!

So all this talk of potato salad has me thinking of a QOTD:

QOTD: What's your go-to potato salad recipe?

My recipe? I don't have one, but I'd like one!

Watching Governor Hogan's news conference about COVID. High point so far is a mandate for nursing home and hospital workers to get vaccinated.

Under a tornado watch until 8PM. Yesterday, when we got so much rain, there was 2 or 3 inches in the bucket I leave outside as a rain gauge. Today is so humid we broke down and turned AC on again, just to get rid of the humidity.

Well.... I got my first COVID test today.
Hope it is negative.
But, WOW! This surprised me and got me thinking. I've had 5 to 10 tests. They are so readily available in neighboring DE, free with no referral or symptoms necessary. We have taken them before and after any family gathering, like Christmas. And groups are 6-8 people. My DGS had his first test before he was 3 months old. Both grandkids have been tested multiple times

QOTD - Have you had COVID tests done?

@lynxstch, I hope your stepdaughter gets through her septic issues. At least she doesn't have to pay for it like we did.

Just finished a jigsaw puzzle and started a Kincaid one of The Little Mermaid. I have a bad case of inertia.

Continued prayers for all of you in the impending storm's or yikes, tornado's path. Please stay safe, friends! Here it is overcast and cooler today. What a switch that it is most likely warmer in this apartment than outside.

Dad brought me home from the library today Miracle of the Cards and Miracles from Heaven (both in DVD and book form) I look forward to seeing them both and will share how I like them. Good reminder that the library can be a DVD free source :)

Hooray for jigsaw puzzles. I am so hoping when dad goes to the Dollar Tree tomorrow that they will have some new puzzles.

I am not a potato salad eater nor have I thank goodness had reason to get a Covid test, don't have answers to today's QOTD's but thank you both Easyas (wow you did great catching up) and Carol for asking them :)

Have a safe rest of the day everyone!

Watching Governor Hogan's news conference about COVID. High point so far is a mandate for nursing home and hospital workers to get vaccinated.

Up till now it wasn't mandated for hospital workers to be vaccinated. A few of us had conversations about it when hubby was in the rehab unit. Most of the PT and OT people haven't been vaccinated..I guess that will change now.

Under a tornado watch until 8PM. Yesterday, when we got so much rain, there was 2 or 3 inches in the bucket I leave outside as a rain gauge. Today is so humid we broke down and turned AC on again, just to get rid of the humidity.

Ours got scary. At 3:15 we had a tornado warning for Allegany and Washington County..right where we are. Fortunately that one passed and nothing happened but I held my breath till 3:45. There would be no way to get Mr L down the cellar steps..there are 11 of them..he can barely do the one outside the back door! Its 80 and still muggy out. We had another bout of rain a little while ago. Now its 80 degrees, half the sky is gray , half of it is sunny and there is a slight breeze.

Hope it is negative.
But, WOW! This surprised me and got me thinking. I've had 5 to 10 tests. They are so readily available in neighboring DE, free with no referral or symptoms necessary. We have taken them before and after any family gathering, like Christmas. And groups are 6-8 people. My DGS had his first test before he was 3 months old. Both grandkids have been tested multiple times

QOTD - Have you had COVID tests done?

QOTD answer--no

@lynxstch, I hope your stepdaughter gets through her septic issues. At least she doesn't have to pay for it like we did.

Yeah..luckily for her the landlord is footing the bill, but I have a feeling that it might lead to a raise in her rent

Just finished a jigsaw puzzle and started a Kincaid one of The Little Mermaid. I have a bad case of inertia.

I just can't get myself to finish the puzzle I started last November..so good for you!

Two QOTD...must be a record or something. :rotfl: So. 1. I don't make potato salad. I love it, but I'm....well, lazy. :rotfl2: I don't like egg in it, nor bell peppers (a former step-m made it with both...yuck); I like a bit more mayo than mustard, but not gobs of mayo. I also like the German kind. 2. One. Just a weekish ago, when I was worried i brought it home. I HATE anything in my nose (not even a little bit of snot, I always feel like I can't breathe). so, it was, as you can imagine, just a delight. :rolleyes2

We had hot dogs, tater tots, and frozen veg for lunch, and are just having salad for dinner. I might make some bread to have with it; I have a cheesy garlic mix, a Hatch green chile mix, a cornbread and ale mix, and a sea salt and cracked pepper mix from Soberdough to use up. IDK.

I sent a package of the banana salted caramel bread mix to DD#2, along with 4 cans of pure pumpkin, a tshirt DH got from work for DGS#2, some candy for him as well, and some pumpkin chai tea bags for her. They can't find pumpkin out there yet, so I went ahead and shipped some, just in case. I sent another work shirt and some candy to DGS#3 at the same time. I spent almost an HOUR (not counting the 10 minutes I spent outside the line, addressing everything and doing the customs stuff) waiting in the line to ship it. This location is always busy, and it's just for shipping or p.o. boxes; they don't even hold mail for the people in the area. :charac2:

DD#2's BFF had her baby yesterday! A little boy, so adorable, with a headful of hair. Eating and sleeping like a champ; takes after his mama there. :banana: I was going to take over some meals and snacks for them; but several of the dad's family have been dx +, (and have been around other family members before/after dx) so we decided to just send them a gift card from Doordash. That way, they can order from wherever whenever they feel like. I already sent her a playpen thing, a few outfits, and a blanket.

DD#1 is due in mid-September, but she hopes he's early. and DD#2's SisIL is having a c section in late October. We are going to be overflowing with babies...and I can't see any of them. :sad: >:( I am so mad and sad right now.

Y'all stay safe, and have a good week!

QOTD : Potato Salad

Idaho Russets..I peel them , cut them in quarters, and cook them in a pressure cooker for 9-10 min. Drain and cool. I also hard boil some eggs to add to it, cool them and slice them in an egg slicer. Can't give you measurements as to what I add, as I do it by look and taste.
Miracle Whip, yellow mustard, celery salt, onion salt (sometimes green onions depending on what occasion I am making it for), and garlic salt. Mix well and chilll. I sprinkle some smoked paprika on top before serving, but it's mostly just for looks , lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter