Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I don't think I've ever had rum raisin. Generally, I go for various chocolate ice flavors in ice cream - peanut butter cup, Almond Joy, that sort of thing. I never order plain vanilla at an ice cream place. But DH and DS like it, and I can't have chocolate after dinner time because of the caffeine, so we do buy vanilla for home sometimes.

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

Aw, big hug Kirby and to Lil Joe, too!

Finally! Thank God, you at last got some good rest, Lynn! That brightened my morning to read! Glad Matt is coming back, too! Continued prayer for both you (always) and Mr. L, too!

B &B, I used to love Thrifty’s Mint and Chip because the chips were merely flakes instead of hard and crunchy (usually tasteless pieces). The very best mint flavored ice cream that I ever had was years ago in Houston. There was a local ice cream chain called Marble Slab Creamery. They made a rich but milk chocolate flavored ice cream with a taste of mint to it—amazing!

Thanks for the smile, PollyannaMom! I guess even cats need their “catnaps.” :D

Good for you, Footballmouse! A church festival sounds fun :)

I am not a fan of raisin anything, I admit! As for vanilla, as I get older, I have come to more appreciate its simplicity! I did used to LOVE a vanilla frozen yogurt from a very local frozen yogurt place near church that sadly due to Covid is no more. It was the only frozen yogurt I had ever had that tasted like fresher, colder soft serve, instead of actual yogurt (which I don’t like). In general, there’s (usually) nothing like chocolate!

Thinking of Tina this morning and as always praying she is okay and will post one day to let us know! Also prayers extra for Josh (Apirateslifeforme's) son along with Carol's grandkids, and any other Quacker kids or treachers returning to school today!

I don't think I've ever had rum raisin. Generally, I go for various chocolate ice flavors in ice cream - peanut butter cup, Almond Joy, that sort of thing. I never order plain vanilla at an ice cream place. But DH and DS like it, and I can't have chocolate after dinner time because of the caffeine, so we do buy vanilla for home sometimes.
almond joys...how do you eat them?....because you know there is only one way to eat a almond joy....that is what I tell my son....they only way to distinguish Reptilians from us humans in the coconut groves.

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

Aw, big hug Kirby and to Lil Joe, too!

Finally! Thank God, you at last got some good rest, Lynn! That brightened my morning to read! Glad Matt is coming back, too! Continued prayer for both you (always) and Mr. L, too!

B &B, I used to love Thrifty’s Mint and Chip because the chips were merely flakes instead of hard and crunchy (usually tasteless pieces). The very best mint flavored ice cream that I ever had was years ago in Houston. There was a local ice cream chain called Marble Slab Creamery. They made a rich but milk chocolate flavored ice cream with a taste of mint to it—amazing!
they had a marble slab in seattle...thank goodness I was living in salem. and thank goodness cold stone has wait times like the olive garden....I do not like lines for food....and cold stone is expensive, thank you very much...I can get a blue buny loaded cone for 1.20 or less each....and only 1/16 of the calories.

.I have become a blue bunny fan..
Have you had blue bunny banana split flavor?? OMG...yum and I'm not even a big ice cream fan. :ssst: :laughing:

We love Tillamook....cheese, ice cream and the town actually...lol especially the air museum they have there and of course the cheese factory. It's always been one of our favorite stops on our drives to/from So Cal to Washington. :laughing:

@lynxstch glad you finally got some sleep last night.

Happy Monday all....had a really nice long weekend with the family. Only missing were my DH and DD, BIL and of course, our mom. My daughter said grandma would've been so annoyed we made this trip now and not before like she wanted to all last year....:laughing: My brother is a chef so we had some pretty great meals while we were there. The weather was perfect up there and their house is very relaxing. We all really enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to go back...just wish it was a closer drive. LOL

Today I'm off to Home Depot or Lowe's to be handy woman today. LOL DD called Saturday afternoon to let me know the thermostat wasn't working so she couldn't get the air on, I told her to call her dad who, of course, is out of town again when something at the house breaks...lol. He walked her through a couple things but nothing worked, thankfully it wasn't too hot for our dogs and she was staying the night at my dad's with his dogs. I eneded up getting it working when I got home, thank goodness because it was really warm yesterday. I think we need a new one so I'm going to get that and a new flusher thing for one of our toilets....lol I don't even know what it's called....the handle I guess. LoL I also need some bug spray DD had a little spider crawling on her shirt :scared1: this morning while she was getting ready for work so I need to spray in there.

Told my dad we'd do Taco Tuesday for dinner from a local fish taco place tonight...yum. I've been craving them and asked my dad to make them soon but tacos are only $1.50 for taco Tuesday so we'll just do that, not as good as his but still pretty good.

Have you had blue bunny banana split flavor?? OMG...yum and I'm not even a big ice cream fan. :ssst: :laughing:

We love Tillamook....cheese, ice cream and the town actually...lol especially the air museum they have there and of course the cheese factory. It's always been one of our favorite stops on our drives to/from So Cal to Washington. :laughing:

Told my dad we'd do Taco Tuesday for dinner from a local fish taco place tonight...yum. I've been craving them and asked my dad to make them soon but tacos are only $1.50 for taco Tuesday so we'll just do that, not as good as his but still pretty good.
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄 wife does not like the banana split flavor . wife loves tilamook, but been a while...more of a Lincoln city visitor

what makes for a good fish taco? all kinds of spins here in Yuma...but the best are in Mexico, little tiny hole in wall, long line...and fresh from the sea of cortez

almond joys...how do you eat them?....because you know there is only one way to eat a almond joy....that is what I tell my son....they only way to distinguish Reptilians from us humans in the coconut groves.

I was talking about a local ice cream place - they just put chocolate and almond in coconut ice cream so it tastes like one. I don't actually buy the candy bars.

But I'm curious - what are the rules?

We have a local ice cream place called the Creamery. They make frozen custard in different flavors every day. Their most delicious one is made by grinding up Almond Joy bars and mixing it into the custard..mmm, so good.

Its 84 degrees out and hot..I turned the ac on for the first time in more than a week. Jane from PT came and she's going to request 2 more weeks of PT, and she set us up with Matt for the rest of the visits, as he will be back to work tomorrow. She said Mr L is making really good progress,,came up with more exercises for him to do using just 1 hand and walking, in preparation for being able to use his cane again. And we got the elliptical floor thing up from the cellar and he's able to use that while sitting in his recliner,,that will help strengthen his legs even more. Since she can prove he is making progress, she doesn't see any reason why Medicare won't approve 2 more weeks, since they initially gave him a limit of 2 months anyhoe--OT will be here for the last time on Thursday, someone changed the schedule and noone called and let us know..oh well.

Then I called his Nephrologist to ask if the appt next week could be phone or televisit. They said no, so I said fine, then book an appt into Nov or Dec and if he can make it, we will.

That reminded me to call his PCP, who was supposed to set up a follow up visit for his annual physical when she did the televisit after his hospital discharge, and noone ever did. So that one is now Nov 4, and if we need to change it we will. Only one not being changed is the ortho followup next week to see if the elbow is healing more. It's not hurting him anymore, but he still doesn't have a lot of range of motion in it. I'm just tired of having to chase down these appts, when it's their job to be making them, not mine!

I am going to take a short nap I think. I took a Dayquil, hoping it would help, but it seems to make my cold worse this time :(

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

We have a local ice cream place called the Creamery. They make frozen custard in different flavors every day. Their most delicious one is made by grinding up Almond Joy bars and mixing it into the custard..mmm, so good.

Its 84 degrees out and hot..I turned the ac on for the first time in more than a week.

Have a nice afternoon everyone!
tiolet paper, hand spray, swimming pool hoses.....and now i know why I can't find any almond joy bars. wife says bend over they are at the bottom far corner of the fridge....we wake up to 84 degrees in the house...them are melting temps for my stash....long story though why they are so far out of my reach

Good afternoon.

I should be packing but I'm not.

Today's neighborhood excitement: Our neighbor's recent college grad daughter has moved home and boards dogs at their house sometimes. The one today escaped the fence. After some tense minutes, they found the dog. He will be going off on a leash from now on.

And a fly in the ointment for our trip north. We have a house rented with DD and family, DS and his wife, and another couple and their two kids who were going to stay with Tessa and Carter because kids not invited to the wedding. The kids in the other family are sick and they may not be able to go. We are trying to figure out something so DSonIL can go to the wedding and not have to stay back with the kids.

Back to chores.

:cheer2:Lynn, I am so thankful Matt will be coming back for 2 more weeks and that Mr. L continues to make good progress! Now to get YOU all well, my friend. Please take care!

:hug:Carol and prayers for a safe trip without needing to be concerned about any sick kids!

Chickapin, Parterre, thanks for inspiring much ice cream talk. It's quite warm here today, too. A good 🍨 day. I have also enjoyed hearing all of your Quacker local ice cream shares. I do miss fresh made ice cream option. There's nothing like it and usually it's even better for you.

Wishing all of you a good afternoon!

Lynn, I'm glad that you were able to get some more normal sleep for a change. Hope it happens more often.

I'm in the minority I guess. Ice cream just doesn't do it for me anymore. I eat it occasionally but I'd prefer lime sherbet on a sugar cone if given the choice. And I don't like eating it at home. Would rather go to Braums or somewhere else to eat. I have been to Tillamook in Oregon. Enjoyed my ice cream at the factory. It is good ice cream but a little goes a long way for me. My favorite used to be Butter Brickle at Braums but they don't put it out very often for just a scoop or two.

Ice cream no longer is my go-to treat anymore either, Kirby. Pre pandemic, I much preferred the local frozen yogurt I mentioned earlier or every now and then a chocolate shake from Wienershcnitizel because like the frozen yogurt, it was so much lighter than regular ice cream yet had a very sweet, full, colder soft serve taste (not at all like yogurt). These days for an every so often treat I enjoy chocolate chip cookies from McDonald's and Sugar Cookies from Von's. Out here we have both Von's and Pavilions stores. Same ownership, both part of the same grocery store chain. Dad and I discovered that at Von's fresh sugar cookies are sold inside a bag. 18 for $3.99. They truly are so soft and heat up very well, plus keep. From Pavilions the supposedly same cookies come in a plastic box at the same 18 but for $4.99. These (at least our one experience) were nowhere near as soft or fresh as the Von's version! I'm not a sugar person anymore (though weight is not an issue anymore other than I'd maybe like to gain 5 pounds and then maintain it rather than lose it which is what I did unintentionally) other than my Jell-O Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding which I love. We get the 3.9oz size which is perfect for 4 servings of it.

Time for a phone upgrade again :( I posted last year about the Galaxy J3 I had. I currently have the Galaxy A01 which was supposed to be a step up but isn't. Even the camera on the J3 was better plus for dinosaur techy preferred me, it was easier to use. Dad still has his J3. I don't need any bells and whistles. Ideally a phone would do at least as good as the J3 in low light (which this A01 does not) I turn off Mobile Data 100% of the time and only use Free Wifi so that is not a concern. At least 80% of the time, I use the phone for talking only. The rest, I use between texting, taking pictures and a few times a day checking my email. I do not watch any videos or game. We have and are very happy (great deal on our 2 phones each month) with Verizon. I chatted with someone earlier from Samsung who suggested the A12. What would all of you currently suggest as a budget Galaxy phone? I do realize most of my Quacker family owns iPhones. But always worth asking your opinions! Thank you so much.

Are you sure no one wants those books I offered yesterday? I am not into (or know anything really about) ranching or horses or even cowboys, though some in this series sound handsome but the books were a good read anyway. Only the first one is more centered on the ranch. PM me by the end of this week if you'd like these.

Hugs to all for a good night!

Last edited:

Lou Lou's first day of preschool this year. She was so ready to go that she brought my sandals to me 40 minutes early. 😄

DD got a new student today. On their first day of school, this child attacked the principal, tore down decorations in the hallway outside of DD's class, pushed things off the top of DD's desk, threw chairs in her room and she had to evacuate the other children to get away from him. He's a kindergartener and this is his second school in the district. Hope he's moved out quickly.

Are you sure no one wants those books I offered yesterday? I am not into (or know anything really about) ranching or horses or even cowboys, though some in this series sound handsome but the books were a good read anyway. Only the first one is more centered on the ranch. PM me by the end of this week if you'd like these.

Hugs to all for a good night!
Are you familiar with The Little Free Library? If the books don't find another home, TLFL is a great way to share books (and save on postage, too). Our location even accepts toy donations for the local children. The website has a map which shows a Free Library not far from you. https://littlefreelibrary.org

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter