Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning and a bottom of the page bump up.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday. I'm hoping to go to the Oktoberfest at the local German Club. I haven't been in a few years and last year it was cancelled. Later today is a BBQ at my son's house and they plan to have a Birthday Cake for my husband. I'm a little hurt by that, although happy for my husband at the same time. My son didn't even wish me a Happy Birthday last month. He has always been like that though so I shouldn't be surprised. He was due in time for Mothers Day and arrived a month late in time for Father's Day. I knew that he was always going to be Dad first and nothing has changed.

Have a great day

Good morning and Happy Labor Day. Hard to believe we are the unofficial end of Summer already. Perfect weather again today..80 and sunny. I did way too much yesterday and am stiff and sore as a result. And I might have gotten a total of 3 hours of sleep between 10 and 7 this morning. Mr L didn't sleep well either. I tried taking tylenol pm..didn't help.

@tazdev3225--Sorry your Son didn't wish you a Happy Birthday last month, yet plans a cake for your husband. Doesn't seem quite fair!

Not planning on doing much of anything today, except napping hopefully. Was going to wash the kitchen and bathroom floors, but that is going to wait another day.

Have a great Holiday, stay safe!

OIP (1).jpg

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day!

Hooray for new puppies, PollyannaMom, and being able to visit with friends, is always a Blessing, too! How is your DS doing? Keeping him in prayer :)

Thanks for the ice cream info, Chickapin Parterre :)

Big hug, dear Taz and I’m sorry, my friend :( That is not right at all! Prayers you do have some fun today.

Lynn, I say this every day but truly my friend, please take care! Now that plan, of your taking a nap, sounds right on!

I just received a surprise delivery of my Christian Book package. I got 4 ornaments--one for a friend of my dad's and I, two for dad, and 1 for me. The ropes they were hanging on looked dirty and not at all festive! I need to get some lightweight but thin ribbon or something to hold them, ideally one green for a Christmas Tree ornament and then the other three can all be white, maybe one...red. All I have is the wider pink ribbon that we used on my suncatcher Cross along with some very flimsy packaging ribbon. I don't suppose any of you have a little extra sturdy but narrow ribbon? Thank you :)

🌼to all. I will check back later.

Happy Labor Day!

We had a nice cookout in spite of the rain. Still had a fire in the fire pit so Tessa could have s'mores. She wanted to toast her marshmallow on a real stick, not a long fork so we found one for her. They brought their power wheels car because we have a bigger yard and both kids were driving it. Tessa can steer but Carter can only push the peddle.

Because it was sprinkling on and off and the grass had been mowed, we spent this morning sweeping and vacuuming to get the grass out of the house. Of course today is beautiful, but with going away Wednesday and tomorrow being the first day of DSIL's school year and the kids new daycare, yesterday was better for them.

Oh, the corn we drove to PA for was worth the drive. It was so good! Have some left over for today.

Back to my chores before inertia sets in.

Hooray for new puppies, PollyannaMom, and being able to visit with friends, is always a Blessing, too! How is your DS doing? Keeping him in prayer :)

Thank you. He is doing well.

I don't suppose any of you have a little extra sturdy but narrow ribbon?

The only super narrow one I have is also pink, but I have a bit of dark green left over from something that is closer to 1 cm or 3/8 in. If that's narrow enough, I'd be happy to share.

Good morning and Happy Labor Day. Hard to believe we are the unofficial end of Summer already. Perfect weather again today..80 and sunny. I did way too much yesterday and am stiff and sore as a result. And I might have gotten a total of 3 hours of sleep between 10 and 7 this morning. Mr L didn't sleep well either. I tried taking tylenol pm..didn't help.

@tazdev3225--
ood morning and Happy Labor Day. Hard to believe we are the unofficial end of Summer already.didn't help

Not planning on doing much of anything today, except napping hopefully. Was going to wash the kitchen and bathroom floors, but that is going to wait another day.

Have a great Holiday, stay safe!

View attachment 602561
..............not if you have seen that twizzlers commercial....about wearing white after labor day.

I hope all of you are enjoying a good afternoon!

Carol. your cookout sounds fun. Prayers for school returns!

I'm so glad, PollyannaMom to hear that! Thank you very much, my friend. I realized earlier, that it would help for me to show all of you the ornaments and their openings that I need the ribbon for. First ornament for dad that I thought ribbon in Green would work. This is the second ornament For my Dad I thought should be white...it could also be pink for sure. For a mutual friend of Dad and I (this may end up being a birthday gift although her birthday is in less than 3 weeks, and finally, For Me What do you think and thank you again! As a P.S. I didn't mind losing the beads because they didn't quite look clean. Plus, I felt they were too much! I often do prefer simpler :) Second P.S. This afternoon: I just tried the pink ribbon I have. It is way too wide for any of the ornaments. It says it is: 9.5mm X 9.1mm

I enjoyed some 🥞 today. I am strange bread product wise as I may have shared before. I need the bread part to be thicker than whatever is on top (syrup or cheese, etc.) I thankfully don't have any allergies, even to gluten, but have never done well with heavier/soggier foods! Finally found a wonderful (and so simple to make, too) pancake mix from Ralph's (Kroger for some of you). It's Kroger brand that as an added bonus only costs $1.99! Another store brand win! We also get our syrup from Target--Market Pantry brand.

Finally, I want to offer a 5 book Love Inspired Series called Home to Hartley Creek to anyone who might enjoy all 5. I very much liked Book 1 other than I don't agree with (no intent of ever starting a debate, you all know that--just sharing my opinion. That was a very minor part to the story) electrical fencing--or collars--for animals, in this case cows! Book 2, I admit at times the father in it bugged me but was still enjoyable. Books 3 and 4 just did not engage me at all! Book 5, I did like a lot. Dad will be going tomorrow to the post office so these could be mailed then. I normally am not able to afford to send out 5 books at one time but media mail rate wanted to ask all of you with these. I do think some of you might enjoy reading about this family and their history.

Last edited:
Today has been a lazy day. Read quite a bit, finished The Sword of Shanara, Book 1 of the Shanara series by Terry Brooks. It is an oldie but goodie I read a long, long time ago. I don't usually reread books but decided to read this one. I enjoyed it just as much now as I did then. It's genre is fantasy.

Lil Joe came back today from a weekend with his dad. He is not engaging with me, ignores me unless he has to talk with me for some reason. He has always been like this since DD left her ex so it's not unexpected. He only ignores me but if things go as usual then he'll snuggle up in a chair with me tonight.

DH cooked some ribs for an early dinner. I slaved over the stove by opening can of Ranch Style Beans and opening a container of Kroger Egg Potato Salad. 😄

:hug:Kirby. Lil Joe sounds like a preschooler I once loved from years ago, I'll call him Adam for this post (not his real name). Adam was one our kids who attended most all day long, most every day. A super long day for any young child, I thought. We were open from 9 (though some kids came by 8:30) to 5:30. Over the years, Adam and I became very close. He was precious to me, that's for sure. I pray as the adult he now is, he's doing fantastic, same with his sibling. I did nothing special. All Glory (always) to God! I simply pray to make a difference to all the children God has entrusted me with in whatever capacity that may be. I do believe in hindsight, God used me as a safe outlet for Adam.

Adam would pretty much stick by me throughout the day until sometime before 4pm. From then on he ignored me! God has helped me over the years understand Adam's reason for doing this which was actually a little similar to how I reacted any time I saw (as an older child) an elementary school teacher. Adam felt I was a safe person for him, someone who truly loved him unconditionally. When he knew the transition out of the preschool would be happening soon, perhaps ignoring me was his way of holding onto that memory as much as he could. He didn't want to lose that connection so he ended it himself. Heartbreaking that such a young child might think that way! :'(

I am thinking for Lil Joe, dear Kirby, God is using you as this little boy's chosen safe person above all else. Perhaps he may be reacting in a more typical kid-fashion to a hard transition from not the most happy of environments to a safe one. I do remember my own teachers often said (though they didn't do much beyond that) they could feel when I had spent the weekend with relatives who probably should not have been caring for a child. Love him as you do and thank you, for brightening his and Lou Lou's lives and, of course, sharing your kindness and friendship with all of us, too!

Last edited:
We ended up taking a 2 mile hike this beautiful day.

Placed an Amazon order mostly for birthday gifts for DDIL. Her birthday is soon after we return so I want to be ready. Added on a couple of other things, one a Christmas gift for Carter. I saw the way he was playing with an oversized water squirter and thought that he’d really like a toddler golf set. Found a Little Tikes one for him.

I tried on my dresses to make sure I had the right shoes, underwear, and jewelry to pack.

Watching Ninja Warrior Then bed.

what is up with you all and vanilla......if you like vanilla...don't try the Tillamook filbert ice cream it will ruini you!!!
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Oh, don't get me wrong. I loooooovvvveee chocolate, and strawberry, and mint chocolate chip, and spumoni, and rocky road, and and and .... :rotfl2: I'll even get in the mood for a black walnut once in a while... (but never rum raisin... 🤢 )

But their vanilla is something special. Almost...like whipped cream in flavor and texture.

Good morning all. I think this might be the latest I have ever post my good morning message. I finally got some sleep last nite. Went to bed at 10 and right to sleep. Woke at 1 coughing, took a cough drop and fell back asleep. Woke at 3, went back to sleep till 4. Fed cats, went back to bed and slept till 7:30. I needed it! Mr L, on the other hand, hardly slept at all. OT and PT both coming today, but when PT calls I want them to tell us if Matt is coming back tomorrow, and then switch it to then. We would like to see and work with him one more time. The reeval lady is supposed to be coming on Thursday to discharge him from PT. This should be OT's last day, but the reeval lady for that said she would be back next week to discharge him. Then we are on our own, and life can get a little more back to normal.

Heat is back today..going to be nothing but sun and almost 90, but it was down to 55 this morning and felt cool!

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day!

Have a lovely Tuesday!!

OIP.jpg

Happy Tuesday :flower1:

Lol PollyannaMom about the cat sleeping in :). Not much going on today just working. I have a couple of test I need to take for a class that I'm taking this semester. I'll also try to finish up the table that I'm restaining. This past weekend kept me pretty busy. Worked on the table on Saturday then I worked Saturday night. Grabbed a few hours of sleep on Sunday morning then went to my sister's new house for a craft day with all my sisters. I painted a cute Halloween decoration and gave it to my son for his new apartment door. Then yesterday the kids and I went to a church festival in Indiana, carrying on a family tradition for over 40 years. Ds1 won $20 and Ds2 won a football that will go to his dog. So I guess it was a good day.

Have a good day :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter