Purchasing FW Cabins DVC

What are your purchase plans for the Fort Wilderness DVC cabins?

• I have already purchased points for the cabins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I will purchase points later on and/or if they get a better incentive

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • I have no interest in purchasing points for the cabins

Votes: 172 72.3%
  • I’m waiting to purchase Poly 2 instead

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have enough DVC points and don’t intend to add on ever again

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Waiting to purchase on the resale market down the road

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other - tell us your plan

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Only if the dues weren’t so high

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters
We were interested in sneaking in at 7 months until they said there'd be no separate booking categories for non-pet stays.
This is why we lost interest in the resort. We would've like to get a FW in December, but DW if highly allergic to dogs. I don't think it would've been that difficult to have it a separate booking category like CCV walk-in shower vs tub studios. So that on top of the high dues, we are not considering adding on here.

This is why we lost interest in the resort. We would've like to get a FW in December, but DW if highly allergic to dogs. I don't think it would've been that difficult to have it a separate booking category like CCV walk-in shower vs tub studios. So that on top of the high dues, we are not considering adding on here.
In every hotel where pets are allowed (and I have stayed in many, with my own small and well-behaved dog), there are always pet rooms and non-pet rooms. The hotels must consider people such as your wife who have allergies, and be sure not to put someone with severe allergies in a room that could cause a problem. Just from a liability standpoint alone, I would think.

Most? I don’t know how many people like sleeping in a bed that hundreds of dogs have slept in. There’s a reason pet-friendly hotels are few and far between, and are almost always the “lower-end” offerings.
Speaking from experience, there are many very "nice" hotels that allow guests to travel with their pets. For instance, both the Kimpton Hotel and Hotel Monaco are all very pet friendly, and never charge an extra fee, ever. Even certain of the Four Seasons hotels will allow you to bring your dog, if I recall correctly. I even once stayed with my dog at the Hotel Frontenac in Quebec City, which was quite lovely. There is normally an extra fee involved, and sometimes a pet deposit. But your statement that such hotels "are almost always the 'lower-end' offerings" is just absurd.

If you have spent any number of nights at any non-Disney hotels, I would bet money that you have stayed in a room previously occupied by a dog, and didn't even realize it.

Last edited:

Speaking from experience, there are many very "nice" hotels that allow guests to travel with their pets. For instance, both the Kimpton Hotel and Hotel Monaco are all very pet friendly, and never charge an extra fee, ever. Even certain of the Four Seasons hotels will allow you to bring your dog, if I recall correctly. I even once stayed with my dog at the Hotel Frontenac in Quebec City, which was quite lovely. There is normally an extra fee involved, and sometimes a pet deposit. But your statement that such hotels "are almost always the 'lower-end' offerings" is just absurd.

If you have spent any number of nights at any non-Disney hotels, I would bet money that you have stayed in a room previously occupied by a dog, and didn't even realize it.
Westin hotels and Rosewood hotels are also pet friendly, as are many Hyatt Regency hotels. I don't consider these to be lower-end hotels.

In every hotel where pets are allowed (and I have stayed in many, with my own small and well-behaved dog), there are always pet rooms and non-pet rooms. The hotels must consider people such as your wife who have allergies, and be sure not to put someone with severe allergies in a room that could cause a problem. Just from a liability standpoint alone, I would think.
I'm still hoping that to be the case but from the info that's been put out there, sounds like all the cabins are dog-eligible (i.e. no non-pet rooms).

Most? I don’t know how many people like sleeping in a bed that hundreds of dogs have slept in. There’s a reason pet-friendly hotels are few and far between, and are almost always the “lower-end” offerings.
I've found it has gotten much harder in the last few years to find hotels that don't allow pets. I now stay at Doubletree as they are seemingly the last holdouts in the Hilton family and I've moved to booking more Marriott Courtyards. There are exceptions to be sure and my statement is just a general guideline.

I have dog allergies, but they aren’t so severe it would put me off wanting to stay at the cabins for a day or two of glamping, assuming Disney changes the bed and does a thorough vacuuming I’d be fine, maybe with an assist from Claritin. My bigger concern is that it only takes one “dog person” who travels with their dog but then leaves it behind to spend all day at the parks to completely wreck the tranquility of the cabin environment listen to some poor pup howl/cry/whine/bark.

If I had the resources I would buy 2 weeks annually at the CCV cabins.

I have no interest in buying these.
- Lack of deeded ownership interest
- High dues
- Undesirable location
- Limited amenities

I'd much rather buy VB points for example.

Seems to me the cabins will be pretty nice, I wouldn't stay with more than 4 people in them and I think the resort needs to add some deluxe amenities like a new restaurant and a really nice pool/lazy river. We may try them at 7 months if there is availability.

If I had the resources I would buy 2 weeks annually at the CCV cabins.

I have no interest in buying these.
- Lack of deeded ownership interest
- High dues
- Undesirable location
- Limited amenities

I'd much rather buy VB points for example.
I’m going to assume you meant CFW cabins but I’m surprised you would pick VB over this. The points while overpriced because of the high dues are still direct points. At the same time though depending on the CAGR on dues I could see these become the first DVC points on WDW property to become worthless in a distant future.

Most of these places provide pet specific floors or rooms. Unfortunately with DVC, Disney cannot do that.
I'm hoping that that it gets a "Cabin - Dog Friendly" as a booking type. I think CCV originally had all the studios lumped in together and they separated it a little later in the booking tool as there were tubs and shower studios. 🤞

For everyone complaining about location and transportation, it’s got pretty much the same as WL/CCV/Boulder ridge, which are pretty popular. Plus FW has so many more activities than most other resorts. The pools not as great, but beyond that I really don’t get why everyone hates it so much. I plan on staying here, though not buying, simply because I have more than enough points already and I agree with everyone on the lack of incentives and dues, but the location/transportation/amenities complaints I don’t understand.

For everyone complaining about location and transportation, it’s got pretty much the same as WL/CCV/Boulder ridge, which are pretty popular. Plus FW has so many more activities than most other resorts. The pools not as great, but beyond that I really don’t get why everyone hates it so much. I plan on staying here, though not buying, simply because I have more than enough points already and I agree with everyone on the lack of incentives and dues, but the location/transportation/amenities complaints I don’t understand.
I think when you are staying in the cabins you are much further away from the transportation than at WL, BRV is even closer. I think for the cost and dues the amenities should be much better. I like the cabins from what I see but for the point cost and dues I would never consider adding on there.

I think when you are staying in the cabins you are much further away from the transportation than at WL, BRV is even closer. I think for the cost and dues the amenities should be much better. I like the cabins from what I see but for the point cost and dues I would never consider adding on there.
They need to build a skyliner from FWC to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter