• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

Hairdressers are opening June 15th in Greater Montreal. Mine usually comes to our house and doesn't charge us anything because her daughter is one of my daughter's best friend but from the 15th until the end of June, she will be working everyday so she gave me an appointment at the salon for the most urgent jobs, DH hair and DD7 fringe! lol. I told her DD10 and I can wait a few more weeks.

Have you not read the posts from people about what a dentist office must do? It’s a lot more then other businesses. Think about it they are working in your mouth spraying your saliva everywhere. It’s not just PPE. If you think what the dentist is charging is too much then don’t go right now.

Actually we have a relative that works at a dentist office, their office is charging $15, I called mine as we have cleanings next week, and they are charging $25. So yes I am fully aware, and yes I read the posts.

Plus it seems to really vary by province. Our hairdressers have been open for well over a month and so have dentists. We just had nail salons and tattoo open. We have less than 10 active cases right now. So health departments per province have different rules.

Dang Double Dang....I want to move to Peterborough,,,no haircut for me.:(
To be honest I think I am too scared to go even if I could.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario-whats-each-stage#section-2Hugs
Mel

Ours will open Friday, but being high risk I don't feel comfortable going for quite some time. My bangs will continue just getting clipped back, which keeps them from annoying me, which is all that matters. For some reason the rest of my hair has been growing slower than normal, but I always wear it back anyway so it also isn't an issue. When I eventually go it will be for a trim all around and it recreate bangs :-)

SW

I'm not super concerned about getting my haircut just yet. I do the box dye for my roots, so I'm good there. Seeing as we don't have in person meetings for work I don't have to look nice every day for the one other co-worker that is working out of our office right now. I've enjoyed wearing a ball cap and my yoga pants to work. LOL. Hope we don't open to the public for a bit! Ha Ha.
But, I'm super excited that Ontario Parks will be open for camping!! At least now it will feel like a bit or normalcy to get away there.

I am very happy to hear pools will be opening though the city of Ottawa isn't sure how they will do it. Kiddo loves swimming so at least it would be something we can do during the summer on hot days! I'm almost tempted to try and go camping... but I am not one for "roughing it" so not really sure that will happen ;)

I am very happy to hear pools will be opening though the city of Ottawa isn't sure how they will do it. Kiddo loves swimming so at least it would be something we can do during the summer on hot days! I'm almost tempted to try and go camping... but I am not one for "roughing it" so not really sure that will happen ;)
You can rent a cabin, or check out some yurts. There are some really nice "glamping" yurts out there. As for pools, our city council decided last week they would not open the outdoor pools or the municipal campground if given the go ahead, as it takes approx 6 weeks to get them up and running, so it would be mid July at earliest, then they close down end of August. I'm hoping they change their mind about the campground. It's easy to go back and forth to work from there and the teenagers can stay out there during the day and ride the trails, etc. Just be out of the house and away from gaming systems!!! My dd is a lifeguard, so not sure what's going to happen with her. She's applied for other jobs for the summer because most likely she won't be back working until the fall.

I'm very interested in Ontario parks camping opening up. Seems like it may be our only type of summer vacation this year and my kids really love it, so I hope we can at least give that to them. Our first trip is currently scheduled for the end of the month at Fitzroy and then 2 weeks later at Algonquin Park. We have a travel trailer so we can be fairly self sufficient, even if the shower facilities don't open up. We're in Ottawa as well and will try to take advantage of the open pools when we can.

I'm also happy about camping at Ontario parks. We have trips booked at Sharbot Lake, Bonnechere and Sandbanks (booked for one of the weeks we were supposed to be at Disney). We have a trailer as well, so we can be self contained. I tried to book Fitzroy for the end of June, usually it's easy to book last minute, but it's pretty booked up! We usually do our first trip of the year there as it is only a 20 minute drive and if we forget something it is no big deal! We hadn't even de-winterized the trailer yet, since we weren't sure camping would happen, that needs to get done now!

I'm also happy about camping at Ontario parks. We have trips booked at Sharbot Lake, Bonnechere and Sandbanks (booked for one of the weeks we were supposed to be at Disney). We have a trailer as well, so we can be self contained. I tried to book Fitzroy for the end of June, usually it's easy to book last minute, but it's pretty booked up! We usually do our first trip of the year there as it is only a 20 minute drive and if we forget something it is no big deal! We hadn't even de-winterized the trailer yet, since we weren't sure camping would happen, that needs to get done now!

We always do Fitzroy the July long weekend as my son is usually in a spring hockey tournament in Kanata that weekend. Thanks for the reminder, we haven't de-winterized ours yet either, we haven't even stepped in it yet. Enjoy your camping trips :)

Ditto on having not dewinterized yet. We've got Earl Rowe booked in July, and Two Rivers in Algonquin booked in August (to replace our Disney trip). The itch to be able to get out is driving us crazy. Normally by now, we'd be 3 trips in and I'd have the rest of the season already booked out. Instead, I'm still waiting for the KOAs and other private parks to open up so we can also book some of the full service camping. While I love the provincial parks, I really don't relish the dump stations. Since the wife refuses to get a blue-boy tote, we're pretty much relegated to the size of the tanks when we don't have sewer. And if the bathrooms at the parks aren't open, they're gonna fill up even quicker. I know we can do 7 nights with mixed usage, but if we'll have to be fully self-contained, I'm probably gonna have to tear down and disconnect after only 3 nights.

Vancouver Island Health Region is now Covid-19 free!

So yeah, if the rest of the world wants to stay away, that would be great! :rotfl2:
)
We said that for weeks where I live. Good luck with that!!!! lol
We had 1 case when everything started to happen...then nothing...our numbers never went up with the lock down. Areas around our area, has some cases. They lift some of the restrictions here ( Alberta ) and we start to get cases. I think right now we are at 12 active cases. And people are loosing their frigging minds with the new cases. It seems to have leveled out now. But out of a population of 80,000 with a HIGH NUMBER of people who come into our city and area for work and go out again- 12 cases is great!
I hope you stay at 0 cases for a while. They were not doing much testing here ( go figure :guilty: ) but even with our increased testing now, we have not seen a real surge here like I thought we would.

EDIT: To be clear, cut the hair BELOW your fingers, not above. Remember it'll bounce back up once you're done. You can always cut more off, but you can't glue it back on if you take off too much.
This had me rolling :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ALWAYS start off with little bits!!!! When I was hairdressing, I would always tell my clients to just call to let me know your on your way so that I can give you a bang trim. Just step away from the scissors...just step away!!!!!! I would always include a free quick bang trim for my clients and I could always squeeze them in between clients. Everyone would be patient with that extra 5 minute wait...because most of them would come in for at least one bang trim between cuts ;) Some days I miss cutting hair...others not so much ;):laughing:

So checking the Ontario Parks site, there is still no information on reopening yet as of 13:00 today. I am thinking that roofed accommodation may not open however based on some commentary I read a couple of weeks ago. I am wondering what all the rules/restrictions are going to be. Some provinces are restricting parks to half capacity (alternate campsites) which would see a lot of sites closed and tons of cancellations. Not in favor of this as most parks we frequent have pretty spread out sites already. Some provinces are imposing residency requirements for camping, which I am in favor of. Will comfort stations be open? There are a ton of high touch areas in there and it will be difficult to keep clean, but tent camping will be very difficult if they are not open.

I have our trailer all set and ready to go. Dewinterized and did the initial start up a couple of weeks ago in anticipation. We do plan on buying a poop tote before our longer scheduled trip in August so that we won't have to break camp to dump. Only two trips booked at this time, Woodlands and Lake St. Peter.

)
We said that for weeks where I live. Good luck with that!!!! lol
We had 1 case when everything started to happen...then nothing...our numbers never went up with the lock down. Areas around our area, has some cases. They lift some of the restrictions here ( Alberta ) and we start to get cases. I think right now we are at 12 active cases. And people are loosing their frigging minds with the new cases. It seems to have leveled out now. But out of a population of 80,000 with a HIGH NUMBER of people who come into our city and area for work and go out again- 12 cases is great!
I hope you stay at 0 cases for a while. They were not doing much testing here ( go figure :guilty: ) but even with our increased testing now, we have not seen a real surge here like I thought we would.

We started lifting restrictions 3 weeks ago, the day after Victoria Day and our numbers are still looking good. Our health region has a population of 785,500 people and we have had a total of 130 cases. The province (BC) has a population of 5.1 million and only 2,659 cases total.

So I'm in BC and got a call from my dentist office yesterday, having to rebook all our appts (so as to space people out in the office). My appt was only delayed by 5 days (so I'm going this coming Monday the 15th), but because my hubby needs a Saturday appt (not worth taking an entire day off work just for a dental cleaning) his appt has been pushed back a month to mid July (my kids appts got pushed back as well). I don't know if there will be an extra cost for PPE at this time, some of their 'changes' include bring your own pen to sign documents (don't remember that last time I signed anything there lol) and wait in my car/call when I arrive. Apparently they are emailing documents over for me to sign before my appt (have not received them yet) so I will update again when I get more info about any changes and/or extra charges.

So checking the Ontario Parks site, there is still no information on reopening yet as of 13:00 today. I am thinking that roofed accommodation may not open however based on some commentary I read a couple of weeks ago. I am wondering what all the rules/restrictions are going to be. Some provinces are restricting parks to half capacity (alternate campsites) which would see a lot of sites closed and tons of cancellations. Not in favor of this as most parks we frequent have pretty spread out sites already. Some provinces are imposing residency requirements for camping, which I am in favor of. Will comfort stations be open? There are a ton of high touch areas in there and it will be difficult to keep clean, but tent camping will be very difficult if they are not open.

I have our trailer all set and ready to go. Dewinterized and did the initial start up a couple of weeks ago in anticipation. We do plan on buying a poop tote before our longer scheduled trip in August so that we won't have to break camp to dump. Only two trips booked at this time, Woodlands and Lake St. Peter.

I really wish Ontario Parks would release more info. They posted about the ‘good news’ Monday afternoon on their FB page but really didn’t provide details. As you can imagine, there are hundreds of posts all asking the same types of questions.

@bankr63, @thr33boys

Ontario Parks just updated their website.
https://www.ontarioparks.com/covid19
Looks like they are going to start opening campgrounds starting June 22 for those campgrounds that are in Phase 2 areas (which is most of them) Sounds like it wont be all at once though as they're encouraging you to check your individual campground to check if they are open and what amenities are available.

@bankr63, @thr33boys

Ontario Parks just updated their website.
https://www.ontarioparks.com/covid19
Looks like they are going to start opening campgrounds starting June 22 for those campgrounds that are in Phase 2 areas (which is most of them) Sounds like it wont be all at once though as they're encouraging you to check your individual campground to check if they are open and what amenities are available.

We’re definitely happy and will make due with the shower situation. Wish the fields were open as we like to kick a soccer ball around or play catch but at least we can hike, swim and have campfires. We’re booked at Fitzroy, Sandbanks, Pog Lake (Algonquin) and Arrowhead...and that only takes us to the middle of July. :)

I'm going to drop this link in several threads to make sure that anyone who's affected by this is fully aware. We've only been given 48 hours to comply with mandatory mask wearing in any establishment in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Ontario health unit - very large area

https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/news...er-section-22-health-protection-and-promotiom
and an article from our local paper

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...g6pqnc2kuxncjgcbk3n_9as#.XuDwR5Pxf5Q.facebook

At least you’re in the part of the province that’s been paroled...the whole GTA is still in detention because Toronto proper can’t get its act together... ;-( I’ll trade ya...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter