private jet adventure??

For what you get, it's in the same comparative ballpark as a lot of other ABD trips. There's lots of exclusive experiences, a lot of handholding, a lot of group activities, some higher end accommodations and travel methods, etc. If you want budget or cost-effective vacations, IMO you're not really booking ABD trips anyway. There's lots of cheaper ways to vacation, you're paying a premium for the Disney Extras, really.
I've taken 13 ABD trips, including Japan, China and New Zealand, NONE of which were anything close to budget or cost-effective. I am WELL aware of what ABDs include, the nature of the activities, the accommodations, the Guides, the Disney extras, etc. It's not that I'm looking for budget or cost-effective. I just don't think that what this particular trip offers is worth it for me, especially crammed into what looks like 24 exhausting days.

ETA: Also, doing some *really* quick math at the per-person, per-day cost of this and the most expensive trip I've done (New Zealand) at today's prices, the private jet trip is $4791 per person per day, and the New Zealand trip, with a quickly googled airfare of $7300 dollars is $1775 per day. So not really the same ballpark. Even airfare at $11,000 comes out to $2150 per day.

Oh yeah, and the odds of this ever being an amount of money I'm able to hand over for a single trip are incredibly low. It'd be like an "I suddenly came into a bunch of money I wasn't expecting" situation that'd get me there.

ETA: For me, "if I could afford it" definitely means "if I could afford it without depleting my entire savings"
I still wouldn't do it. It just doesn't appeal to me. I could do a lot of First Class travel to a lot of ABDs covering way more than 24 days for that amount of money. *Maybe* if it included flights with lay-down seats so you could travel while sleeping rather than wasting so much touring time flying...

Sayhello

Last edited:
I've taken 13 ABD trips, including Japan, China and New Zealand, NONE of which were anything close to budget or cost-effective. I am WELL aware of what ABDs include, the nature of the activities, the accommodations, the Guides, the Disney extras, etc. It's not that I'm looking for budget or cost-effective. I just don't think that what this particular trip offers is worth it for me, especially crammed into what looks like 24 exhausting days.

ETA: Also, doing some *really* quick math at the per-person, per-day cost of this and the most expensive trip I've done (New Zealand) at today's prices, the private jet trip is $4791 per person per day, and the New Zealand trip, with a quickly googled airfare of $7300 dollars is $1775 per day. So not really the same ballpark. Even airfare at $11,000 comes out to $2150 per day.

I still wouldn't do it. It just doesn't appeal to me. I could do a lot of First Class travel to a lot of ABDs covering way more than 24 days for that amount of money. *Maybe* if it included flights with lay-down seats so you could sleep while traveling rather than wasting so much touring time flying...

Sayhello

I guess it's that the price doesn't seem too bad to us, at least compared to some of the other vacations we've done. The per-day cost isn't that much worse than some of the Regent or Viking cruises we've taken, and there's a lot more exclusive experiences included. Even Disney cruises can get up in that same price range, at least when you start talking suites. I'll admit we don't have any ABD trips to compare to, but none of them look cheap for what you seem to get, and I'll admit, none of the other itineraries appeal to us the way the private jet one does. But, I guess that's why they don't offer it as often as the other ABDs, there's a fairly small pool of people that are interested who can both afford it and feel it's an okay value for the price.

I'm on the jet right now and we are having a great time. While at first I was a bit disappointed that there wouldn't be lie flat seats, the way we are flying, there isn't really an overnight flight. The closest thing is the flight from Oakland to Japan but you won't want to sleep long so you can sleep when you get to Japan and get used to the time change.

I'm on the jet right now and we are having a great time. While at first I was a bit disappointed that there wouldn't be lie flat seats, the way we are flying, there isn't really an overnight flight. The closest thing is the flight from Oakland to Japan but you won't want to sleep long so you can sleep when you get to Japan and get used to the time change.

Please post back with a review when the trip ends.

That was my thought too. I was surprised by the last of lie flat seats, but every flight is daytime.

How is the food on the jet and trip overall? I'm curious if they go to any special locations you wouldn't get on other trips.

Yes! I'd love a trip report.

I recently met a fellow traveler on a short trip who had done a different company's "round the world private jet tour." My impressions were that these trips were tailored to people who 1.) have large chunks of disposable cash, 2.) have limited time and/or are making up time from not traveling in the past, 3.) value quantity over quality regarding locations (lots of one day at a place skim the surface vs deep dive into the local culture.) He wanted to tick the boxes and see all the places after rarely traveling in the past due. to work. This did it for him.

I recently met a fellow traveler on a short trip who had done a different company's "round the world private jet tour." My impressions were that these trips were tailored to people who 1.) have large chunks of disposable cash, 2.) have limited time and/or are making up time from not traveling in the past, 3.) value quantity over quality regarding locations (lots of one day at a place skim the surface vs deep dive into the local culture.) He wanted to tick the boxes and see all the places after rarely traveling in the past due. to work. This did it for him.
That's a really interesting observation. And I really don't fit any of those 3 attributes. :) That explains a lot!

Enjoy!! I'll echo the requests for a report, too!

Sayhello

Last edited:

I've said it before - this trip doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I mean, there are some great experiences at the different locations, but pretty much every location deserves a lot more time (or at least another day). (I mean, take the India stuff and build a full land India ABD around that, I would definitely consider that.) But I'd rather take 10 ABDs than do this with my family (and the cost would be about the same, depending on the ABD).

But hey, if this trip floats your boat (and fits your budget) - you do you! No judgment here. Oh, and write a trip report, please.

This trip really raises the bar for VIP treatment and special experiences:
  • A private jet painted with the ABD logo
  • Disneyland's president handing out the pin of the day
  • VIP tour guides at the Disneyland resort, taking small groups on whatever attraction they want
  • Much more access and special experiences than the standard So. California ABD trips
  • Meeting Imagineer Kim Irvine, the daughter of "Madame Leota" in the Haunted Mansion
  • Being accompanied by Becky Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives.
  • Six adventure guides or leaders. Not sure what the difference is between an Adventure Guide and Adventure Leader
  • Physician that accompanies the entire trip
  • I hope the guests brought an extra suitcase to carry all the gifts and purchases from the stores the public can't normally access
But I would worry about heat and exhaustion. The So. California short escape ABD was one of the most tiring vacations I've been on. The blog reporters said they spent time resting at Skywalker Ranch to recover, and that's just after 2 parks. 10 more to go. July/August in Japan, China and Orlando will be tough with the heat and humidity.

Both 2024 trips seem to be still available if you have $115k to spare.

If I won it or somebody gave it to me, I'd definitely go, but I don't see me ever paying that amount of money for this trip, even if I had it. I'd have to have a HELL of a lot more disposable income than $115,000 to ever consider this a good use of my travel money!

Sayhello
If you are booking this type of trip, you money works for you, you don’t work for your money

This trip really raises the bar for VIP treatment and special experiences:
  • A private jet painted with the ABD logo
  • Disneyland's president handing out the pin of the day
  • VIP tour guides at the Disneyland resort, taking small groups on whatever attraction they want
  • Much more access and special experiences than the standard So. California ABD trips
  • Meeting Imagineer Kim Irvine, the daughter of "Madame Leota" in the Haunted Mansion
  • Being accompanied by Becky Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives.
  • Six adventure guides or leaders. Not sure what the difference is between an Adventure Guide and Adventure Leader
  • Physician that accompanies the entire trip
  • I hope the guests brought an extra suitcase to carry all the gifts and purchases from the stores the public can't normally access
But I would worry about heat and exhaustion. The So. California short escape ABD was one of the most tiring vacations I've been on. The blog reporters said they spent time resting at Skywalker Ranch to recover, and that's just after 2 parks. 10 more to go. July/August in Japan, China and Orlando will be tough with the heat and humidity.

Both 2024 trips seem to be still available if you have $115k to spare.

These were my thoughts, exactly, when reading through the blog. The trip is, actually, above and beyond what I expected it to be, but, yes, I could see why they would be exhausted after just doing the SoCal/DL portion of the trip. I am anxious to hear how they all hold up as they continue traveling and continuing switching time zones. I would really love to be able to do this some day, but the regular ABDs tend to exhaust me - I honestly don't know if I could physically handle this trip.

These were my thoughts, exactly, when reading through the blog. The trip is, actually, above and beyond what I expected it to be, but, yes, I could see why they would be exhausted after just doing the SoCal/DL portion of the trip. I am anxious to hear how they all hold up as they continue traveling and continuing switching time zones. I would really love to be able to do this some day, but the regular ABDs tend to exhaust me - I honestly don't know if I could physically handle this trip.
Exactly!!!

Sayhello

I'll be happy to share my thoughts once it is done but just a couple things.

Yes, this is not a deep dive on any destinations, but there are special experiences in each stop. I think the challenge is many of them are either supposed to be surprises or are impossible to confirm a year out when the trip goes on sale.

It is exhausting, but they do reiterate that you don't need to do everything but they just want to give options. We have skipped out on things to rest.

There are many reasons guests decided to book this trip and everyone's reason is unique. For me it was an impulse buy that I originally regretted, but am so happy I decided to go. Getting to do many of these special experiences are just unheard of. For example, we were the first tour ever given of Marvel Studios or having expedited attraction access at Tokyo Disneyland and visiting their Club 33.

Yes, this is not a deep dive on any destinations, but there are special experiences in each stop. I think the challenge is many of them are either supposed to be surprises or are impossible to confirm a year out when the trip goes on sale.

It is exhausting, but they do reiterate that you don't need to do everything but they just want to give options. We have skipped out on things to rest.

There are many reasons guests decided to book this trip and everyone's reason is unique. For me it was an impulse buy that I originally regretted, but am so happy I decided to go. Getting to do many of these special experiences are just unheard of. For example, we were the first tour ever given of Marvel Studios or having expedited attraction access at Tokyo Disneyland and visiting their Club 33.

That's amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience!

That's awesome, so glad to hear that you're happy to be on the trip! I think that what you've described here is exactly what I find appealing about this trip, the opportunity to do things I would never get to do otherwise (like visit a Club 33 location, or go behind the scenes at studios or attractions).

That's awesome, so glad to hear that you're happy to be on the trip! I think that what you've described here is exactly what I find appealing about this trip, the opportunity to do things I would never get to do otherwise (like visit a Club 33 location, or go behind the scenes at studios or attractions).
I get what you are saying, but the Southern California ABD goes to the Studios (as do D23 tours) & shows you behind the scenes stuff at attractions and we went to Club 33 on my China ABD. You just get to do them all in one trip, which is may be a good thing or maybe not. :)

Sayhello

I get what you are saying, but the Southern California ABD goes to the Studios (as do D23 tours) & shows you behind the scenes stuff at attractions and we went to Club 33 on my China ABD. You just get to do them all in one trip, which is may be a good thing or maybe not. :)

Sayhello
I understand all of that. I find this trip to have an allure and appeal that none of the other AbD trips have and maybe I should stop trying to explain it because it's probably more intangible than I realize. I'm not trying to sell anyone on this trip, I also know it's very likely I'll never get to go on this trip, I'm just saying what I find appealing based on figgy999's post and what I've read on Laughing Place. Plus, following along and fantasizing about a world in which I could go on this trip is fun and free.

While the Backstage Magic and D23 tours go to the Studios, these were much higher level tours. For example, we got to do a demo of Stagecraft on Soundstage 1 and went to WDAS to see a not yet released short and hear from the directors. I can't yet compare how the visits to the China parks are to the regular China ABD, but I'll let you know once we are done as I have been on the China ABD as well.

I understand all of that. I find this trip to have an allure and appeal that none of the other AbD trips have and maybe I should stop trying to explain it because it's probably more intangible than I realize. I'm not trying to sell anyone on this trip, I also know it's very likely I'll never get to go on this trip, I'm just saying what I find appealing based on figgy999's post and what I've read on Laughing Place. Plus, following along and fantasizing about a world in which I could go on this trip is fun and free.
I've been reading the posts on Laughing Place as well and it does seem pretty spectacular. Agree, it definitely isn't for everyone, but nothing is. I strongly detest road trips and other people adore them. I know I do love hearing about people's road trips when they get back from them and see photos of some of the cool places they discovered. I'm just really excited people get to do amazing trips with their loved ones and have those memories. I wish I could afford it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter