Princess Sydney's Wish Trip PTR

We arrived just after noon I believe and GKTW had told us there would be a 3:30ish (or 3:45) orientation or we could attend the 7:30ish one that was fine. I think there was only 2 that didn't attend the earlier one that they were expecting in our time frame. I had called and asked some questions off and on before our trip and they were always very sweet. I don't think they mind at all:)

When we went...they had a morning orientation(at least I think so). We got to GKTW at 6pm..hurried up and ate than husband went to the orientation while I got the kids ready for bed.

Thank you! I'm still stressing about this. Things within my control, I"m fine with but those things that aren't, stress me out. For those that didn't see my posting on the wish forum, I did call. They have no idea when orientation is for Saturday and didn't know if we could get a private one. I"m more worried about having the haul the kids back to GKTW from GF for a 745pm orientation than I am about missing our Chef MIckey reservation. The plan for now is to head directly to GKTW after our flight lands at 1pm. We will ahve gone through customs in Canada so that won't slow us down. When we get there, I'm hoping for pixie dust. I'd like Sydney to be able to hang out at the playground, visit the castle of miracles and do the pillow and star that I"ve heard about and then we'll head to the resort. We need to stop for a few groceries on the way to the resort... is there a Publix near GKTW? Does the Walmart there sell beer or wine as well as groceries? (Here in Ontario, the only places that can sell liquor or beer are licenced government controled operations ... nothing in stores, grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. so I"m pretty new at where we can find this stuff.

It looks like things are coming along. I hoep it goes well. I love the BG stuff. My little girls saw the Belles dress and was in love with it! Take care and take it easy. God Bless.
Brooke:cloud9:

I'm so in awe of everything the Big Give has done for us. I've never sew real clothes but I did ask for a sewing machine for my first mother's day. I made several costumes for Lucas (kind of ran out of time when Sydney came along :)) But I really enjoyed it. I'm seriously thinking about picking it up again, getting better and doing some things for the Big Give. Its so amazing how these gifts for the kids have affected them.

So glad the Belle dress finally arrived. I would have introduced myself earlier but I am in Maine for a couple of weeks and don't have internet up here. I had to make a trip to the public library to check e-mails and thought I would check in with my Dis friends. I am delighted that she liked the dress and even happier to see that it fits! Have a wonderul time and I can't wait to see the photos when you guys get back!!!

Jennifer

Thank you so much Jennifer! Sydney just loves her dress. She keeps asking to wear it and bad mommy, keeps saying no. :lmao: I figure she'll live in it after our trip. Have a great trip in Maine!

Joanne...are you all packed yet? ;)

LOL. No! I have our toiletries packed, our park bag packed (I pack it in advance and put it in the suitcase so next morning we can just leave), our carry ons are packed but no clothes AT ALL. I have two huge suitcases standing empty in my bedroom with clothes piled high in my closet. I'm working at home tomorrow so the plan is to take breaks for packing.

Sydney looks adorable in her Belle dress! She is such a beautful girl :cutie:
It is almost time for your adventure! Have fun and soak up all of the magical time with your family....can't wait to read the TR.

Thank you! I'm almost sad that the planning is ending...does that make sense? There's so much anticipation for this trip... I hope its everything the children have wished for...

Just catching up on your PTR and wow I love all the Big Give outfits! Those dresses are adorable. I love the Minnie outfit and Minnie Dress and the Pooh dress with all the ruffles is gorgeous!

You guys are definitely going to look super sharp on your Animal Kingdom days!:goodvibes

Big Gives have really outdone themselves:cool1:

Just read through your PTR, your kids are adorable, and your trip is almost here! Everyone must be soooo excited.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

So.... I guess I am a little late for the PTR.. :sad2:

But please, when you get back, post on the Wish Trippers thread if you plant to do a TR. I'd love to follow along. :)

Just catching up on your PTR and wow I love all the Big Give outfits! Those dresses are adorable. I love the Minnie outfit and Minnie Dress and the Pooh dress with all the ruffles is gorgeous!

You guys are definitely going to look super sharp on your Animal Kingdom days!:goodvibes

Big Gives have really outdone themselves:cool1:

I can't wait to see them all in their Big Gives once we finally reach the parks. They're going to be so cute!

Just read through your PTR, your kids are adorable, and your trip is almost here! Everyone must be soooo excited.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

I can't believe time has flown so fast. Only 3 days left!

So.... I guess I am a little late for the PTR.. :sad2:

But please, when you get back, post on the Wish Trippers thread if you plant to do a TR. I'd love to follow along. :)

I've never done a TR before but I plan to do one this time. The wish TR have been so much help for me. I'm going to try to do one day per day once I get back. It takes me forever to download pics so it may be lacking in pics but the info will definitely be there.

Working from home today to get things done. I'm heading in to pack right now ... no more computer til its done! :surfweb:

wowwie 3 days ! no wonder your stressing, I've been to canada a few times myself and thats a stress when your alone, can't imagine customs with kiddos! Have a great trip and Hope you see loads of pixie dust :goodvibes

Only 3 more days?!?!? Wow! It came up quick!!! Have a blast!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

wowwie 3 days ! no wonder your stressing, I've been to canada a few times myself and thats a stress when your alone, can't imagine customs with kiddos! Have a great trip and Hope you see loads of pixie dust :goodvibes

Yayy HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Those last few days are like half days, they go so fast!

Thanks everyone! Believe it or not, I'm still not finished packing. I did bring Sydney to get our toenails painted yesterday afternoon though. She has the cutest pink nails with Mickey painted in the middle! I'll post a pic once I download the camera. The goal for today is to finish packing by noon but I need to get work done too so we'll see ...

Thanks everyone! Believe it or not, I'm still not finished packing. I did bring Sydney to get our toenails painted yesterday afternoon though. She has the cutest pink nails with Mickey painted in the middle! I'll post a pic once I download the camera. The goal for today is to finish packing by noon but I need to get work done too so we'll see ...

Awww bet nails look so cute ! and I bet kiddos are getting so excited ! 2 days !

Awwww!! Can't wait to see her toes.

Guess what? I'm packed!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Just a few things left to squeeze in tomorrow night and Sat morning before we leave. I also need to change the kitty litter, clear out the fridge and set the light timers. Considering how overwhelmed I felt, I'm pretty sure I've never been ready this early for a trip before. :lmao:

The only real concern right now is that our cat sitter bailed on us. Well, we have someone from Sunday evening onwards but they're out of town until then and we had a neighbour feeding him on Sat and Sun morning but they're moving and decided that they won't be here til Sunday afternoon... which doesn't help much. :confused3 I have a few phone calls in so hopefully we'll know someone is helping out by tomorrow.

Only 1.5 days to go. I'm trying to push aside the panic I'm feeling about this needing to be the 'perfect' trip and just go with the flow ... I hope I can do it.

In case I don't get on tomorrow, I want to send out a huge thank you to everyone from the wish forum and the Big Give. You've all made this such an incredible journey for our family. :grouphug:

There is a Publix on the corner of 192 (Vine Street) and 535 (the road you take to I-4, Downtown Disney, Universal or Sea World.

Guess what? I'm packed!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Just a few things left to squeeze in tomorrow night and Sat morning before we leave. I also need to change the kitty litter, clear out the fridge and set the light timers. Considering how overwhelmed I felt, I'm pretty sure I've never been ready this early for a trip before. :lmao:

The only real concern right now is that our cat sitter bailed on us. Well, we have someone from Sunday evening onwards but they're out of town until then and we had a neighbour feeding him on Sat and Sun morning but they're moving and decided that they won't be here til Sunday afternoon... which doesn't help much. :confused3 I have a few phone calls in so hopefully we'll know someone is helping out by tomorrow.

Only 1.5 days to go. I'm trying to push aside the panic I'm feeling about this needing to be the 'perfect' trip and just go with the flow ... I hope I can do it.

In case I don't get on tomorrow, I want to send out a huge thank you to everyone from the wish forum and the Big Give. You've all made this such an incredible journey for our family. :grouphug:

YAY for being packed and yes ! you can gooo with the flow !! If you see this before leaving all else fails with a cat you can put down several things of water, leave toilet lid up, put down the entire bag of food and leave 2 cat boxes side by side, one can be a box with rubbish bag over it and cat litter over that ( thats a worst case scenerio in event you can't get anyone) but cats are pretty self sufficient OH and leave a radio on for him/her. Unfortunatly we have had to do this with cats for hospital trips and no time to set up a house sitter/cat sitter

:cheer2::cheer2:HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:Hope it goes smooth for you and you have tonssss of pixiedust your way :)
:grouphug:

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Lynn

I hope you truly have the trip of a lifetime! Sydney and your family deserve this! Have a safe trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it when you return!!:banana:

I know I missed ya, but Have a Magical time. I know you will. Can't wait to hear all your TR when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter