• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Jes' Official (narcissistic) trip planning thread (help and advise required!)

AKL was beautiful, as you would expect, but we found it was just as easy to get to the parks from POP as AKV for 1/4 the price. OKW has a bonus for your husband, being on the golf course. I love WLV, I mean I love it, but again if getting to parks is a priority it may as well be a value (except for the boat to MK).
If you can't get YC/BC/BW, BLT may be the best thing. I try to avoid the busses when I can. If you are stuck with a bus route like AKL and trying to save money, look at a mod like SS.

CSR: Preferred ($2,800) preferred King ($3124) or business class king ($2839 - how is this only 39 more than preferred?!)
Jes: if the CSR bus class king for $2839 is still on the table, that would still be a good pick. CSR is a mod and a huge, spread out property. However, bus class should be closer to the main bldg. I went for a walk around CSR about a year and a 1/2 ago to check it out on a non-park day, and it was beautiful. I have never rented DVC pts. However, I have only heard good things about Davids. I would personally not take the chance on private DVC rentals from the Boards or anywhere else. I likely have the same concerns as you esp since I'm from out of country and am aware of how difficult it could be to try to get any comp for a vacation gone wrong. If your vacation is really about getting away from your worries, then maybe the safer choice is a good one. Given your flight expenses, safe may not be so bad. And looking at the DVC rentals you have in front of you, all of them save for BLT have serious bus transpo times anyway. And BLT's big transpo advantage is 1) MK and 2) Epcot via the monorail. I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and the bus transpo was worse than the POP. The boat to MK is beautiful if the weather is beautiful. If not, its a bear to be on a boat in driving rain. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Jes: also going to add that I believe you are looking at the CSR option via Dreams Unlimited. Renting DVC pts - you have no travel agent. Now, for North American frequent WDW guests, booking either directly with WDW or renting DVC points is comfortable. But the advantages of having a travel agent are incredible & you may not know how incredible until you have a problem. You don't pay anything extra for the power and assistance of a good travel agent in North America. I had a problem at WL years ago and my travel agent (CAA - sister agency of the huge AAA) helped me immensely to get some redress once I got home. If I had booked directly with WDW or rented points, I would have been up the creek. I think with Dreams Unlimited, your agent would go above & beyond for you. Just saying. Don't underestimate the power of a good local Orlando travel agency watching your back.

I know somebody who booked through Expedia awhile ago, had a problem, and was angry when told by CM's at their Disney resort they could not help them, because the ressie was not made through Disney - they asked me (as their "Disney expert"), and of course, I had to confirm this for them. They had to have Expedia work it out with Disney, but wasted their time and energy getting hold of somebody @ Expedia to do so - not a good "investment" IMHO. And would have gone much cleaner/faster if they had also used an agent instead of some "big online place". I think their mission was to save money, and in the end I think they realized sometimes things ain't what they're cracked up to be, especially if there's a problem, and you're not prepared to deal with it, or spend time chasing somebody who can.

Great point Heidi. A company like dreams is big enough to pull some weight with Disney, but family enough to give personalized service and answer calls with a real live person.
Now I sound like an ad for Dreams, but it is true.

That photo is not Jes. She does not have that must hair, nor an underbite. The eyes are pretty much dead on though. This would be a major reason I have not accepted her date request facepage (I'm into hairy redheads).

Well, then the real story is that there is someone out there pretending to be Jes - and, apparently, not very accurately! Talk about Shenanigans!

That photo is not Jes. She does not have that must hair, nor an underbite. The eyes are pretty much dead on though. This would be a major reason I have not accepted her date request facepage (I'm into hairy redheads).
In fact, I have an over bite, and I have ALMOST that much hair (when left to dry naturally, I give off a very 'Hagrid' vibe)
Also, the eyebrows are on fleek. I'm growing them out to go to a new beautician.
Well, then the real story is that there is someone out there pretending to be Jes - and, apparently, not very accurately! Talk about Shenanigans!
It's a bloody outrage, that's what it is!!!

In other news.... I BOOKED OUR TRIP!!!!!!!

In fact, I have an over bite, and I have ALMOST that much hair (when left to dry naturally, I give off a very 'Hagrid' vibe)
Also, the eyebrows are on fleek. I'm growing them out to go to a new beautician.

It's a bloody outrage, that's what it is!!!

In other news.... I BOOKED OUR TRIP!!!!!!!
HURRAH!!!!!! Would you feel comfortable sharing when and where here? I'd love to hear what you finally ended up doing!

Last edited:
HURRAH!!!!!! Would you feel comfortable sharing when and where here? I'd love to hear what you finally ended up doing!
Of course Heidi!!!!
When? Where you staying? Any ADRs?

Ok, so this is the trip itinerary:
August 18
9:25am (local time) - Leave Melbourne, fly direct to LAX.
6:45am (local time same day) - arrive LAX
11:15am - Leave LAX for NYC
7:30pm - Arrive EWR
(for those playing at home, that's 24 hours plus time taken to get to the Airport in Melbourne and arrive 3 hours before our flight...so more like 27.5 hours until I land in EWR, plus an hour or so to get our bags and get from EWR to NYC...)
Stay 5 nights here. hopefully going to WWE SummerSlam, Aladdin and meeting a couple of friends for dinner.

August 23
11:40am - Leave EWR
2:20pm - Arrive MCO, take ME to POR and check into our Royal room!

August 25
Pack and have Disney move our bags to BLT (lake view room) spend the day at MK and have an afternoon break to check in at the resort.
Stay 5 nights at BLT

August 30
Move to Royal Pacific Resort
Stalk @Ryno @imjenilynn and @Teleclashter and try to convince them to have a drink with me :)

Sept 2
Go home :(

Super 8 Motel on 192. ADRs for Golden Corral, Ponderosa, and the ever-popular Shoney's. Don't be too jealous.

Wow - busy and awesome things planned, sounds like you've put a ton of work and planning into it all, BRAVO!! Can't wait to hear all about it (although that would mean it would be over for you, which I DON'T want to happen too quickly!). It's a long way away, but I hope it comes quickly for you, and seems to last forever. And of course be totally magical!!

Wow - busy and awesome things planned, sounds like you've put a ton of work and planning into it all, BRAVO!! Can't wait to hear all about it (although that would mean it would be over for you, which I DON'T want to happen too quickly!). It's a long way away, but I hope it comes quickly for you, and seems to last forever. And of course be totally magical!!
Im within 180 days, so it doesn't feel like its that far away, especially in my job because the months fly by! you feel like you've just finished a month end and then another one is a few days away!

Two points; convincing @Teleclaster to have a drink is like trying to convince water that's wet, and you actually get to LAX three hours before you board your flight. That means you're saving time

Of course Heidi!!!!

Ok, so this is the trip itinerary:
August 18
9:25am (local time) - Leave Melbourne, fly direct to LAX.
6:45am (local time same day) - arrive LAX
11:15am - Leave LAX for NYC
7:30pm - Arrive EWR
(for those playing at home, that's 24 hours plus time taken to get to the Airport in Melbourne and arrive 3 hours before our flight...so more like 27.5 hours until I land in EWR, plus an hour or so to get our bags and get from EWR to NYC...)
Stay 5 nights here. hopefully going to WWE SummerSlam, Aladdin and meeting a couple of friends for dinner.

hmmm, I can think of someone who lives in the NYC area and is a fan of WWE :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter